HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Will he return?

Old
09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
hockeyprincess

vCash: 500
Will he return?

Benoit Pouliot looks as though he may not be cracking the roster of the Minnesota Wild for the second year in a row. He could go to the American Hockey League and play with Minnesota's farm team, the Houston Aeros. But he could also go back to the Sudbury Wolves.

I have two questions:
(1) Does Mike Foligno have an overage player spot vacant for him?
(2) If he does, do you think that Pouliot will be in a Wolves jersey soon?

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Benoit Pouliot looks as though he may not be cracking the roster of the Minnesota Wild for the second year in a row. He could go to the American Hockey League and play with Minnesota's farm team, the Houston Aeros. But he could also go back to the Sudbury Wolves.

I have two questions:
(1) Does Mike Foligno have an overage player spot vacant for him?
(2) If he does, do you think that Pouliot will be in a Wolves jersey soon?
I doubt Benoit would give up an opportunity to play in the AHL to come back for junior one more year. I doubt the Wild would even let him come back unless they really were disappointed in his performance.

thomasincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 01:12 PM
hockeyprincess

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada View Post
I doubt Benoit would give up an opportunity to play in the AHL to come back for junior one more year. I doubt the Wild would even let him come back unless they really were disappointed in his performance.
But wouldn't Pouliot want to be somewhere they need leadership? Think about it: Ryan Hastings has graduated, Anton Hedman got traded to Owen Sound, Troy Murray got traded to St. Mike's, it is uncertain if Marc Staal is actually returning, so what if they need leadership that only he can provide?

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Petes1

Leading an OHL team, or developing your game to be closer to the NHL level, and having a chance to be called up to the big show. As well as making a lot more money.

I don't think you'll ever see a player that is to good to play in the OHL come back and play in the league, just to be a leader.

Petes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 02:11 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
But wouldn't Pouliot want to be somewhere they need leadership? Think about it: Ryan Hastings has graduated, Anton Hedman got traded to Owen Sound, Troy Murray got traded to St. Mike's, it is uncertain if Marc Staal is actually returning, so what if they need leadership that only he can provide?
What it comes down to is a player his age needs to focus on development and taking his game to the next level. He can't do that in the OHL - he needs to play against the 20 something players in the AHL in order to do that. Being a leader of a team of younger players than himself won't do much for his development.

thomasincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Alison

He's not a leader anyways. Very selfish player, and Lemaire is pretty pissed with him right now for "floating". (what a suprise ). Anyways we already have one extra OA, if he was sent back he would be good trade bait, I personally don't want him back. Most talented useless person I have seen play. Numbers look good on paper,he may have gotten us goals but he sure as hell costed us enough as well

Alison is offline   Reply With Quote