HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our season's over

Old
05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I am positive Price has had a groin injury all season, from that fan practice at training camp where he looked to hurt himself on a Pacioretty shootout attempt.
I think he still suffers from Habaneros' infamous undiagnosed concussion from 2 years ago

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1 h
Can hear some Senators players chanting "Ole Ole Ole" song as they entered visitors' dressing room

They won. They get to celebrate.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
TonyRockyHorror

The Habs have a lot of work to do. They are not built to win the cup. The Sens on the other hand, are more of a playoff team. Doesn't it say a lot that despite being decimated by injuries, this Habs were better than the Sens throughout most of the series?

Game 4 was ours. Sens got despicably lucky. It should have been a different series.

TonyRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:25 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I'm so pissed off right now. We didn't lose against Pittsburgh, nor vs Washington or Boston. It's vs Ottawa, the 7th seed. Their best forward is who ??? Alfredsson, Pageau, Michalek ??? Beside Karlsson (who didn't have a good series), who's else great at D ?
Damn, and we lost against them, not in 7 game, nor in 6 games. And they blew out us 2 times, 6-1 each.

I'm so ashamed.
Did you watch them played without Karlsson, Spezza and alot of their other players injured during all the season?

Maybe they are not a powerhouse as Pittsburgh are for scoring but they have a good structured game created by a good coaching staff.

Last edited by KerryFraser: 05-09-2013 at 10:37 PM.
KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
They are the same player

- good shots but add little else.
- prone to dissapearing for multi games at a time
- liability in both the neutral zone, but especially in their D zone
- think back checking is a STD
- would rather party then think of resting for a big game
- neither will ever wear the HAB jersey again and we are better for it.
AK was good enough defensively when he actually felt like backchecking. He wasn't legitimately terrible/clueless at defending like Ryder is. I think AK would do really well under Therrien getting ice time. If Therrien can go 53 games without benching DD for playing worse than AK ever did AK could actually get some work done. Also AK hits like a train and has proven chemistry with Plekanec and Eller. It would be top 9 depth for nothing but cap space.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:27 PM
DaHabMan

despite us losing....as i was there contemplating another playoff defeat at station des sports in brossard....i felt proud to be born a habs fan! hockey gods werent with us this year as we had injuries and inconsistencies in the playoffs...we were halaked in the end anyways but our guys tried....we were the better team while dominating 4 out of 5 gamesbut this bodes well for the future...youngins got experience and there were aome revelations and so on. we have the building blocks in piece...we just need to surround them properly. as i saw bergevin being pissed...hopefully hell do the right moves his summer and turn us into a yearly contender soon! draft is the first order of business and secondly...please oh please gods, hockey gods, nature, buddha, hindu gods, destiny, whichever deity....please get rid of desharnais! not a bad player...but will never win with him as a top 3 centerman! cross your fingers ppl!!

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Elverpond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
The Sens are a much better team than you picture them. That's all I wanted to say.
I dont know if they are better but their coach just flat out predicted exactly what therrien was going with a relentless attack until just the right moment and ottawa counter attacked in text book fashion. also anderson was pretty damn good though very few of our players have a real nose for goal. to quote miracle "you looked like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football out there"
for real we need to get gionta and plek out of here. desharnais musst either show up and unlock the opposing defense like we have seen in the past or we need a new playmaker. we also need someone who can put it in the net consistently remember cammy back in 2010? a real scoring touch. if i see one more comment about adding more size im going to have stroke.

All of my gripes now aired, I have to say this has been a very successful season and we have grown by leaps and bounds. Im confident in the teams direction. we do need to get rid of therrien though, he is a one season coach and I think he started to lose it before the playoffs. maybe we can pick up vigneault.

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
They won. They get to celebrate.
We lost. We get to be their *****es

At least their fanbase ain't near as big nor as obnoxious as the Laffs. If we'd stunk the joint out against them in the third periods and gotten sent packing, we wouldn't have heard the end of it for the next decade.

I'm still kind of numb with the realization that it's been twenty freakin' years now and we're no closer to a Cup. I'm gettin' old.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
their best D in this serie, reminds me of Adam Foote the way he plays.
Yeah, definitely. Besides goaltending, he was our MVP in the regular season.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This is interesting...

Habs outscored the Sens:

1st period: 2-1
2nd period: 7-2

3rd period...Sens outscored the Habs there, 12-0
friedman just said thats the biggest margin in history

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So Pacioretty played with a separated shoulder...okay....but how about his knee? Or his foot? Ankle? 'Cause the guy had NO SPEED whatsoever.
I would trade Pacioretty and DD if we could get something decent in return.There is simply not enough compete in either of them.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs05

I'm sure they'll be better next year. Bad luck didn't help. Gallagher and Galchenyuk we're awesome this season and I'm not worry for the future.

Habs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:34 PM
ashtraygirl

It was a fun season to watch, barring the last two weeks and the playoffs.

I'm moving overseas for a year at the end of the summer and probably won't get to watch many games, so I'm expecting a cup run next season for sure!

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:35 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat View Post
No Eller.
No Gionta.
No Price.
No Prust.
No Emelin.

Couple that with mostly one-sided reffing, and it's no surprise to see the results we saw.

I also suspect that Price has been playing with a groin injury the whole season which would explain why he never seemed sharp in nets.

In the off-season, I'd like for the team to acquire guys like Laich who are physically big and gritty. I've had enough of Desharnais who played like a child the whole series long. No fire or passion whatsoever and a measly point in 5 games for who is essentially supposed to be our #1 centerman. He should be ashamed of himself.

Just for kicks, I was watching highlights of the 2010 Playoffs and the Habs looked like a MUCH faster team back then. One-time passes and the whole lot. This year, there was no adrenaline or sense of urgency. In fact, I couldn't even see the difference between a regular season or Playoffs game.

Hopefully, the players get better physically and add bulk. I'd love to see Gionta gone as having torn biceps in back-to-back years either mean that he'll likely be extremely fragile from this point onwards or his career is finished. With that 5$ million, the team could likely get a good top-6 forward or a 2nd-pairing D-man.

I'd give Price another year to show some moxie and if he plays next season like he has played this one, I'd trade him. His only job is to stop pucks and he's done an absolutely lousy job of doing this, this year. At his salary, that's no excuse.
They need players with durability. Our only bigger player is Prust and overexerted himself, which is why he got injured. In the offseason it would be nice to unload Deharnais, Bouillion, and Gionta and add Torres, Clarkson, and Murray to the team. Others that I would consider would be Horton, Morrow, Clowe, and Ferrence.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
We lost. We get to be their *****es

At least their fanbase ain't near as big nor as obnoxious as the Laffs. If we'd stunk the joint out against them in the third periods and gotten sent packing, we wouldn't have heard the end of it for the next decade.

I'm still kind of numb with the realization that it's been twenty freakin' years now and we're no closer to a Cup. I'm gettin' old.
Speaking of which:

Where's 'The Moderator Formerly Known As CrimsonSkorpion'?

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Embarrassing way to lose to Ottawa. Luckily this might help set us up for an exciting off season with a better identity than small/soft/fast.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:47 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilershabs View Post
friedman just said thats the biggest margin in history
The Sens strategy worked.

Hit our smaller players every chance you get. Eventually the hits (and the pain) will accumulate and the player will wear down as the game goes on.

Gallagher is a warrior. The amount of punishment did have an adverse effect on his play.

Kudos to the Sens for taking advantage of a situation that they could exploit.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Let's go step by step with goaltender personnel because rushing decision is a bad habit. We won't become cup contender overnight it takes time.

Price still has time to prove himself next year altough he will still have to deliver and not get a free pass.

IMO defense is more of a problem and size obviously as you pointed out.
How much longer you going to give Price...ten years?!? lol

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The Sens strategy worked.

Hit our smaller players every chance you get. Eventually the hits (and the pain) will accumulate and the player will wear down as the game goes on.

Gallagher is a warrior. The amount of punishment did have an adverse effect on his play.

Kudos to the Sens for taking advantage of a situation that they could exploit.
The Sens, as well as the Leafs during the season, have shown everyone in the league how to win against the Habs. Be physical.Bergevin must now address the situation.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
sheed36

The Habs were just eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs and I don't even seem to care.. Losing to the Bruins or Flyers in the playoffs at least made me feel a little pissed off but after this series absolutely nothing.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
How much longer you going to give Price...ten years?!? lol
Habs have no other option than hope Price will play to his full potential in the years to come. Better and bigger dmen could help too.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Why did they have to lose? WHY!?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
The Sens, as well as the Leafs during the season, have shown everyone in the league how to win against the Habs. Be physical.Bergevin must now address the situation.
This has been the blueprint for years.

The 12-0 3rd period score shows just how soft we are. It's actually pathetic. At least the problem will be addressed now.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Habs were just eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs and I don't even seem to care.. Losing to the Bruins or Flyers in the playoffs at least made me feel a little pissed off but after this series absolutely nothing.
That's the effect Ottawa has on people...

Old
05-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Why did they have to lose? WHY!?
Disgraceful.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote