HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
  #526
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Is this Roach and McDermids last season in junior or could they go back.

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 12:32 AM
  #527
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post
Is this Roach and McDermids last season in junior or could they go back.
Roach could play next season for the Hitmen, although I am thinking the Kings are leaning towards having him in Manchester next season as he tore it up in the WHL in his junior year. In fact, he just turned 20 today.

MacDermid is only 19 with only one full season of experience in the OHL, he'll definitely be back at Owen Sound next season.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:02 AM
  #528
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
I believe they both have little experience in Junior and thought they could use the last year to gain more experience.

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM
  #529
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,297
vCash: 500
Ebert a +11 in 10 including a +8 in 6 playoff games. It's good to see him a + after a difficult regular season. Does he return to juniors next season?

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:45 AM
  #530
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Ebert a +11 in 10 including a +8 in 6 playoff games. It's good to see him a + after a difficult regular season. Does he return to juniors next season?
I believe he has to unless he makes the Kings. So yeah, back to juniors.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
  #531
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Ebert a +11 in 10 including a +8 in 6 playoff games. It's good to see him a + after a difficult regular season. Does he return to juniors next season?
What is great about his showing in the E is that it proves right the notion that his +/- woes were due to his being on a truly awful team. I mean, truly awful.

Great to see him step up and be among the better players in a more difficult level of competition too.

He will likely as not end next season in MCH but start in jr's. So far so good.

etherialone is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:45 PM
  #532
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Roach could play next season for the Hitmen, although I am thinking the Kings are leaning towards having him in Manchester next season as he tore it up in the WHL in his junior year. In fact, he just turned 20 today.

MacDermid is only 19 with only one full season of experience in the OHL, he'll definitely be back at Owen Sound next season.
According to his coach and MacD he is planning on returning to the OHL for next season as of 4/22.

etherialone is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
  #533
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I believe he has to unless he makes the Kings. So yeah, back to juniors.
yeah, he doesn't even turn 19 until next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
What is great about his showing in the E is that it proves right the notion that his +/- woes were due to his being on a truly awful team. I mean, truly awful.

Great to see him step up and be among the better players in a more difficult level of competition too.

He will likely as not end next season in MCH but start in jr's. So far so good.
Was Windsor just really young last year? I was looking at the roster, and they only had 3 guys who were 20, 2 of which were traded at some point in the season. But a lot of their top players were only 17 or 18.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:22 PM
  #534
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post



Was Windsor just really young last year? I was looking at the roster, and they only had 3 guys who were 20, 2 of which were traded at some point in the season. But a lot of their top players were only 17 or 18.
Yep, pretty much. They've been in rebuild mode the past two seasons with this season being a bit of a full blown rebuild. I think they'll be really good next year though, especially if everyone returns and they can add some support for Ebert. Slater Koekkoek was a good start.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #535
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
yeah, he doesn't even turn 19 until next month.



Was Windsor just really young last year? I was looking at the roster, and they only had 3 guys who were 20, 2 of which were traded at some point in the season. But a lot of their top players were only 17 or 18.
They were young and that was part of it but they also had a couple of kids who just have a long way to go to be able to make the next level.

I am also not a big fan of what their coaching staff was up to.

etherialone is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:30 PM
  #536
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
You didn't like the Boughyman? I actually like him as a coach, based on what I have heard. What didn't you like TG?

kingsfan is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:39 PM
  #537
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You didn't like the Boughyman? I actually like him as a coach, based on what I have heard. What didn't you like TG?
I liked him at first but he seemed to give up and started just sending everyone. It looked like pond hockey but the blame isn't entirely on him. His staff does allot of finger pointing and yelling at the players.

I still think he will make a good coach but he is going to have to learn temperance. He is easy to talk to and a good guy, I was just a little disappointed with the results.

etherialone is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:40 PM
  #538
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Bob Boughner is a great coach. I was lobbying for the Kings to actually hire him when Terry Murray got the axe.

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
  #539
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Bob Boughner is a great coach. I was lobbying for the Kings to actually hire him when Terry Murray got the axe.
As an assistant?

etherialone is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
  #540
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Alex Roach's season in Calgary is done as they lost in game 7 of the conference finals to #1 Edmonton Oil Kings.

David Strorm is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
  #541
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
As an assistant?
Nah, as a head coach. I don't think he was employed at the time. (I might be wrong)

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
  #542
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
A bit random but according to the Swedish newspaper/tabloid Aftonbladet, Thomas Hyka has signed a 2-month tryout contract with Färjestad (one of the bigger clubs in Swedish hockey), starting in August.

Curious to know what Lombardi thinks about this, or if he agreed to this. The status of the contract makes me wonder.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
  #543
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Interesting. I gotta think since he was playing Canadian junior that his ultimate goal is to be an NHL player.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 10:33 AM
  #544
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
A bit random but according to the Swedish newspaper/tabloid Aftonbladet, Thomas Hyka has signed a 2-month tryout contract with Färjestad (one of the bigger clubs in Swedish hockey), starting in August.

Curious to know what Lombardi thinks about this, or if he agreed to this. The status of the contract makes me wonder.
Starting when in August? If at the start of August, two months later is early October, so he'd be able to come and join Manchester (assuming he's not going back to juniors) so maybe this was just a way to get some higher level training in. It's not like he was going to make the Kings out of camp anyways, so maybe DL and crew agreed it'd be a good idea for his development to square off against men for a bit.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #545
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,054
vCash: 50
How is Gravel coming along as a prospect?

Krishna is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 10:43 PM
  #546
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
How is Gravel coming along as a prospect?
Very nicely. He is a smart safe shutdown type of player. He is pegged as the eventual Rob Scuderi replacement. Makes a very nice first pass, skates reasonably well, great positionally, a true shutdown defenseman. I am sure Tonnellisghost will be in here shortly and he is our resident expert and in love with Gravel. I don't blame him, honestly he is probably the most exciting defensive prospect LA has (Forbort has a much higher upside but more unpredictable), although his offensive upside is not very high at all.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 11:20 PM
  #547
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Very nicely. He is a smart safe shutdown type of player. He is pegged as the eventual Rob Scuderi replacement. Makes a very nice first pass, skates reasonably well, great positionally, a true shutdown defenseman. I am sure Tonnellisghost will be in here shortly and he is our resident expert and in love with Gravel. I don't blame him, honestly he is probably the most exciting defensive prospect LA has (Forbort has a much higher upside but more unpredictable), although his offensive upside is not very high at all.
I don't have anything to add, you covered it all perfectly. Gravel, gonna be a really good NHLer.

etherialone is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 12:03 AM
  #548
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Very nicely. He is a smart safe shutdown type of player. He is pegged as the eventual Rob Scuderi replacement. Makes a very nice first pass, skates reasonably well, great positionally, a true shutdown defenseman. I am sure Tonnellisghost will be in here shortly and he is our resident expert and in love with Gravel. I don't blame him, honestly he is probably the most exciting defensive prospect LA has (Forbort has a much higher upside but more unpredictable), although his offensive upside is not very high at all.
Give credit where credit is due - TG and I both are absolutely infatuated with Gravel. He's easily my 2nd favorite prospect behind Porkins and some might notice that I ****ing love Russians. (Lokti and Slava were my top 2 before they graduated/Lokti got traded). Gravel is going to be an absolute stud. Gravel is the type of guy where you plug him in next to Slava or drew and it allows both of those guys to take more risks because he'll be so good defensively that he will always be there to bail either one of them out. So while his offense won't really shine through, he'll make others better offensively because of how solid defensively he is. If I wasn't cheap, there's two jerseys I'd add to my collection - Carter and Gravel.

CNS is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 12:10 AM
  #549
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Give credit where credit is due - TG and I both are absolutely infatuated with Gravel. He's easily my 2nd favorite prospect behind Porkins and some might notice that I ****ing love Russians. (Lokti and Slava were my top 2 before they graduated/Lokti got traded). Gravel is going to be an absolute stud. Gravel is the type of guy where you plug him in next to Slava or drew and it allows both of those guys to take more risks because he'll be so good defensively that he will always be there to bail either one of them out. So while his offense won't really shine through, he'll make others better offensively because of how solid defensively he is. If I wasn't cheap, there's two jerseys I'd add to my collection - Carter and Gravel.
Sorry buddy I forgot I've def been a Gravel fan since the 2011 WJC as well. Agreed completely with you with regards to Gravel. I'll make sure to include you as one of the guys who called Gravel early on next time

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 12:13 AM
  #550
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Sorry buddy I forgot I've def been a Gravel fan since the 2011 WJC as well. Agreed completely with you with regards to Gravel. I'll make sure to include you as one of the guys who called Gravel early on next time
Good. I need to tell everyone "I told you so" when he becomes our best defensive defenseman.

CNS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.