HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
McSorley 33

vCash: 500
Is this Roach and McDermids last season in junior or could they go back.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post
Is this Roach and McDermids last season in junior or could they go back.
Roach could play next season for the Hitmen, although I am thinking the Kings are leaning towards having him in Manchester next season as he tore it up in the WHL in his junior year. In fact, he just turned 20 today.

MacDermid is only 19 with only one full season of experience in the OHL, he'll definitely be back at Owen Sound next season.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:02 AM
McSorley 33

I believe they both have little experience in Junior and thought they could use the last year to gain more experience.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Fat Elvis

Ebert a +11 in 10 including a +8 in 6 playoff games. It's good to see him a + after a difficult regular season. Does he return to juniors next season?

Old
04-22-2013, 11:45 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Ebert a +11 in 10 including a +8 in 6 playoff games. It's good to see him a + after a difficult regular season. Does he return to juniors next season?
I believe he has to unless he makes the Kings. So yeah, back to juniors.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
What is great about his showing in the E is that it proves right the notion that his +/- woes were due to his being on a truly awful team. I mean, truly awful.

Great to see him step up and be among the better players in a more difficult level of competition too.

He will likely as not end next season in MCH but start in jr's. So far so good.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Roach could play next season for the Hitmen, although I am thinking the Kings are leaning towards having him in Manchester next season as he tore it up in the WHL in his junior year. In fact, he just turned 20 today.

MacDermid is only 19 with only one full season of experience in the OHL, he'll definitely be back at Owen Sound next season.
According to his coach and MacD he is planning on returning to the OHL for next season as of 4/22.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I believe he has to unless he makes the Kings. So yeah, back to juniors.
yeah, he doesn't even turn 19 until next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
What is great about his showing in the E is that it proves right the notion that his +/- woes were due to his being on a truly awful team. I mean, truly awful.

Great to see him step up and be among the better players in a more difficult level of competition too.

He will likely as not end next season in MCH but start in jr's. So far so good.
Was Windsor just really young last year? I was looking at the roster, and they only had 3 guys who were 20, 2 of which were traded at some point in the season. But a lot of their top players were only 17 or 18.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:22 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

Was Windsor just really young last year? I was looking at the roster, and they only had 3 guys who were 20, 2 of which were traded at some point in the season. But a lot of their top players were only 17 or 18.
Yep, pretty much. They've been in rebuild mode the past two seasons with this season being a bit of a full blown rebuild. I think they'll be really good next year though, especially if everyone returns and they can add some support for Ebert. Slater Koekkoek was a good start.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
yeah, he doesn't even turn 19 until next month.

They were young and that was part of it but they also had a couple of kids who just have a long way to go to be able to make the next level.

I am also not a big fan of what their coaching staff was up to.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

You didn't like the Boughyman? I actually like him as a coach, based on what I have heard. What didn't you like TG?

Old
04-22-2013, 09:39 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You didn't like the Boughyman? I actually like him as a coach, based on what I have heard. What didn't you like TG?
I liked him at first but he seemed to give up and started just sending everyone. It looked like pond hockey but the blame isn't entirely on him. His staff does allot of finger pointing and yelling at the players.

I still think he will make a good coach but he is going to have to learn temperance. He is easy to talk to and a good guy, I was just a little disappointed with the results.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:40 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Bob Boughner is a great coach. I was lobbying for the Kings to actually hire him when Terry Murray got the axe.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Bob Boughner is a great coach. I was lobbying for the Kings to actually hire him when Terry Murray got the axe.
As an assistant?

Old
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Alex Roach's season in Calgary is done as they lost in game 7 of the conference finals to #1 Edmonton Oil Kings.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
As an assistant?
Nah, as a head coach. I don't think he was employed at the time. (I might be wrong)

Old
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

A bit random but according to the Swedish newspaper/tabloid Aftonbladet, Thomas Hyka has signed a 2-month tryout contract with Färjestad (one of the bigger clubs in Swedish hockey), starting in August.

Curious to know what Lombardi thinks about this, or if he agreed to this. The status of the contract makes me wonder.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Interesting. I gotta think since he was playing Canadian junior that his ultimate goal is to be an NHL player.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:33 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
A bit random but according to the Swedish newspaper/tabloid Aftonbladet, Thomas Hyka has signed a 2-month tryout contract with Färjestad (one of the bigger clubs in Swedish hockey), starting in August.

Curious to know what Lombardi thinks about this, or if he agreed to this. The status of the contract makes me wonder.
Starting when in August? If at the start of August, two months later is early October, so he'd be able to come and join Manchester (assuming he's not going back to juniors) so maybe this was just a way to get some higher level training in. It's not like he was going to make the Kings out of camp anyways, so maybe DL and crew agreed it'd be a good idea for his development to square off against men for a bit.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
How is Gravel coming along as a prospect?

Old
05-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
How is Gravel coming along as a prospect?
Very nicely. He is a smart safe shutdown type of player. He is pegged as the eventual Rob Scuderi replacement. Makes a very nice first pass, skates reasonably well, great positionally, a true shutdown defenseman. I am sure Tonnellisghost will be in here shortly and he is our resident expert and in love with Gravel. I don't blame him, honestly he is probably the most exciting defensive prospect LA has (Forbort has a much higher upside but more unpredictable), although his offensive upside is not very high at all.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Very nicely. He is a smart safe shutdown type of player. He is pegged as the eventual Rob Scuderi replacement. Makes a very nice first pass, skates reasonably well, great positionally, a true shutdown defenseman. I am sure Tonnellisghost will be in here shortly and he is our resident expert and in love with Gravel. I don't blame him, honestly he is probably the most exciting defensive prospect LA has (Forbort has a much higher upside but more unpredictable), although his offensive upside is not very high at all.
I don't have anything to add, you covered it all perfectly. Gravel, gonna be a really good NHLer.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:03 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Give credit where credit is due - TG and I both are absolutely infatuated with Gravel. He's easily my 2nd favorite prospect behind Porkins and some might notice that I ****ing love Russians. (Lokti and Slava were my top 2 before they graduated/Lokti got traded). Gravel is going to be an absolute stud. Gravel is the type of guy where you plug him in next to Slava or drew and it allows both of those guys to take more risks because he'll be so good defensively that he will always be there to bail either one of them out. So while his offense won't really shine through, he'll make others better offensively because of how solid defensively he is. If I wasn't cheap, there's two jerseys I'd add to my collection - Carter and Gravel.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Give credit where credit is due - TG and I both are absolutely infatuated with Gravel. He's easily my 2nd favorite prospect behind Porkins and some might notice that I ****ing love Russians. (Lokti and Slava were my top 2 before they graduated/Lokti got traded). Gravel is going to be an absolute stud. Gravel is the type of guy where you plug him in next to Slava or drew and it allows both of those guys to take more risks because he'll be so good defensively that he will always be there to bail either one of them out. So while his offense won't really shine through, he'll make others better offensively because of how solid defensively he is. If I wasn't cheap, there's two jerseys I'd add to my collection - Carter and Gravel.
Sorry buddy I forgot I've def been a Gravel fan since the 2011 WJC as well. Agreed completely with you with regards to Gravel. I'll make sure to include you as one of the guys who called Gravel early on next time

Old
05-10-2013, 12:13 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Sorry buddy I forgot I've def been a Gravel fan since the 2011 WJC as well. Agreed completely with you with regards to Gravel. I'll make sure to include you as one of the guys who called Gravel early on next time
Good. I need to tell everyone "I told you so" when he becomes our best defensive defenseman.

Closed Thread