Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Russian phenomenon Petrov Kirll 13 Apr 1990

Old
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Hockeycritic

vCash: 500
Russian phenomenon Petrov Kirll 13 Apr 1990

Looks like NEXT WORLD-class player comes out from Russian system. Phenomenon made his DEBUT at 16 years of age at TOP level in Russian SUPERLEAGUE on September 24, 2006. His name Kirill PETROV 13 APR 1990 with Kazan senior 1st game. 3rd line PETROV - Bos ZINOVJEV - Chi GOLOVIN! What a line!!! They have beaten CSKA M 4-3 in overtime and Zinovjev line dominated! UNBELIEVABLE!

Quite an intersting thing the boy goes on to progress since he shined in Switzerland at the ournament at 12 years of age with 1990 KAZAN team. Scoring 18 GOALS during the tournament.

Article in Russian with team photo LINK: http://www.evening-kazan.ru/printart.asp?id=5889

Believe big problem not to have NHL-IIHF-Russia agreement NOW! Hopefully by December Russia signs it the way it can be good for both sides IIHF and NHL.

MOREOVER with NOVOKUZNETSK Siberian club new phenomenon is almost developed Kitsyn Maxim late 1991 born boy! He practiced 2006 pre-season with SENIORS and he is so big like a MAN almost 6.3 in height! 2010 NHL Draft ELIGIBLE boy but must make his SUPERLEAGUE debut season 07/08 for sure!

Watched him closely at 1991 born players tournament Moscow region Governor's Cup this 2006 August and he looked FANTASTIC! BIG, quick and skater with scoring touch. Shots are strong with quick release. Not bad 7 goals and 3 assists TOTAL 10 points!

LINK: http://www.10kanal.ru/news/?nid=2889

HOCKEYCRITIC

Hockeycritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

thanks for the update and info.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 02:00 AM
combine81

Send a message via ICQ to combine81 Send a message via MSN to combine81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycritic View Post
Looks like NEXT WORLD-class player comes out from Russian system. Phenomenon made his DEBUT at 16 years of age at TOP level in Russian SUPERLEAGUE on September 24, 2006. His name Kirill PETROV 13 APR 1990 with Kazan senior 1st game. 3rd line PETROV - Bos ZINOVJEV - Chi GOLOVIN! What a line!!! They have beaten CSKA M 4-3 in overtime and Zinovjev line dominated! UNBELIEVABLE!

Quite an intersting thing the boy goes on to progress since he shined in Switzerland at the ournament at 12 years of age with 1990 KAZAN team. Scoring 18 GOALS during the tournament.

Article in Russian with team photo LINK: http://www.evening-kazan.ru/printart.asp?id=5889

Believe big problem not to have NHL-IIHF-Russia agreement NOW! Hopefully by December Russia signs it the way it can be good for both sides IIHF and NHL.

MOREOVER with NOVOKUZNETSK Siberian club new phenomenon is almost developed Kitsyn Maxim late 1991 born boy! He practiced 2006 pre-season with SENIORS and he is so big like a MAN almost 6.3 in height! 2010 NHL Draft ELIGIBLE boy but must make his SUPERLEAGUE debut season 07/08 for sure!

Watched him closely at 1991 born players tournament Moscow region Governor's Cup this 2006 August and he looked FANTASTIC! BIG, quick and skater with scoring touch. Shots are strong with quick release. Not bad 7 goals and 3 assists TOTAL 10 points!

HOCKEYCRITIC
I doubt that Petrov is a phenomenon. The same goes to Kitsyn. Follow "the next ovechkin" thread.

Voynov (also 1990 born) plays in every game if i'm not wrong for Traktor in RSL. Phenomenon?

Last edited by combine81: 09-26-2006 at 04:07 AM.
combine81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Hockeycritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by combine81 View Post
I doubt that Petrov is a phenomenon. The same goes to Kitsyn. Follow "the next ovechkin" thread.

Voynov (also 1990 born) plays in every game if i'm not wrong for Traktor in RSL. Phenomenon?
Yes, VOINOV played vs Dynamo M here and I wasn't impressed by his play. Prety mature he looks but really not STANDING OUT. Skates well, reads the game, keeps position what ELSE super special? DOMINANCE needed and total puck control like Markov Dnrei did!!! Remember BUF drafted boy Yezhov Denis 1985 if I'm not mistaken... he changes many many teams but made his debut very early in Russia hockey with Togliatti.Probably same thing with Yakov Seleznev with KAZAN 1989 Defenseman.

PETROV real Phenomenon and Kitstsyn! Time must show it!

Old
09-26-2006, 05:09 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
WHO?!?

Last edited by helicecopter: 10-25-2006 at 07:19 AM.
helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:16 AM
combine81

Quote:
Yes, VOINOV played vs Dynamo M here and I wasn't impressed by his play. Prety mature he looks but really not STANDING OUT. Skates well, reads the game, keeps position what ELSE super special? DOMINANCE needed and total puck control like Markov Dnrei did!!! Remember BUF drafted boy Yezhov Denis 1985 if I'm not mistaken... he changes many many teams but made his debut very early in Russia hockey with Togliatti.Probably same thing with Yakov Seleznev with KAZAN 1989 Defenseman.

Don't make me speak about the things which souldn't be mentioned on public forum. Just read http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=272674
Petrov is not the best player even in Russia-90 team. Excellent physics - that's what give him opportunity to play in RSL right now.

Old
09-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Hockeycritic

Quote:
Don't make me speak about the things which souldn't be mentioned on public forum. Just read http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=272674
Petrov is not the best player even in Russia-90 team. Excellent physics - that's what give him opportunity to play in RSL right now.
Are you sure what you are talking about? I make you to speak things about SHOULD be mentioned! Please, go ahead! If I feel that it's REAL thing to talk about I deliver it to his AGENT if you don't mindi! Birthdate certificates who cares about it especially in Russia? Tell you more even IIHF can't control it well. They had even 1Norwegian player with wrong birthdate at U-18 2006 WJC in Sweden.

Remember Zakharau Konstantin FW 1985 from BELARUS? He was good a U-18 and U-20 and St.Lous no matter what selected him onto the NHL darft 2003! Link: http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=27415

Then we have FW 1986 Parshin Denis with CSKA M drafted by COLORADO 2004... Link: http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=72945

BIG PROBLEM of RUSSIAN HOCKEY but I have my view and opinion of it. All this topics for 'LAME people' Blah-blah-blah... PLAYERS must show their LEVEL of game and that's it no matter what! Of course, it's strange and laughing matter when 25 years of age man under the MASK plays at junior level with DOMINANCE but it's normal when MASKED man comes out to play among seniors and at least shows something! Don't you think so? Or you want to tell PETROV isn't 1990 but 1980 year of birth man

Regarding OVECHKIN level he is UNIQUE 1 man in 100 years! Though I'm not sure how Alexander managed with his talent if he didn't have that big SUPPORT of family from father and mother! FATHER talked a lot with coaches before and after BAD luck games for ALEXANDER and helped the man to gain more ice time and develope. In this regard Malkin and Zherdev SELF-MADE people. No parents interference into their lifes. Especially Zherdev who left Ukrain at 14 years of age for Russia.

Let's wait and time must show with PETROV and KITSYN.

Old
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Guillaume

I think that you both have a point. Petrov has clear talent and very good size. He also did pretty well for his beginning in RSL. Probably not Ovechkin type of potential, but not excluded to see him within a top 10-15 of a draft. Lazarev is pretty good too in my opinion. In the same draft year, Filatov needs more consistency in internaitonal games if he wants to be drafted high.

One thing to keep in mind is that playing in RSL at a young age does not always amount to great career. Remember Alexander Plyuschev? I think he played his first RSL game at 15.

I don't regard Voynov as a high end prospect. Not impressive physically and nothing truely extraordinary so far.

As for combine81's point, I think is referring to the fact that Ezhov was rumored to be actually born in 1983, not 1985. Even though you (Hockeycritic) have a fair point in saying that what matters is to be good on the ice, the bottom line is that it affects how your learning curve is perceived (and thus impacts where you get drafted and what type of potential is assessed).

Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:20 AM
combine81

Quote:
Are you sure what you are talking about? I make you to speak things about SHOULD be mentioned! Please, go ahead! If I feel that it's REAL thing to talk about I deliver it to his AGENT if you don't mindi! Birthdate certificates who cares about it especially in Russia? Tell you more even IIHF can't control it well. They had even 1Norwegian player with wrong birthdate at U-18 2006 WJC in Sweden.

Remember Zakharau Konstantin FW 1985 from BELARUS? He was good a U-18 and U-20 and St.Lous no matter what selected him onto the NHL darft 2003! Link: http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=27415

Then we have FW 1986 Parshin Denis with CSKA M drafted by COLORADO 2004... Link: http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=72945

BIG PROBLEM of RUSSIAN HOCKEY but I have my view and opinion of it. All this topics for 'LAME people' Blah-blah-blah... PLAYERS must show their LEVEL of game and that's it no matter what! Of course, it's strange and laughing matter when 25 years of age man under the MASK plays at junior level with DOMINANCE but it's normal when MASKED man comes out to play among seniors and at least shows something! Don't you think so? Or you want to tell PETROV isn't 1990 but 1980 year of birth man

Regarding OVECHKIN level he is UNIQUE 1 man in 100 years! Though I'm not sure how Alexander managed with his talent if he didn't have that big SUPPORT of family from father and mother! FATHER talked a lot with coaches before and after BAD luck games for ALEXANDER and helped the man to gain more ice time and develope. In this regard Malkin and Zherdev SELF-MADE people. No parents interference into their lifes. Especially Zherdev who left Ukrain at 14 years of age for Russia.

Let's wait and time must show with PETROV and KITSYN.
I can't prove Petrov has fake birth certificate or not. And i don't want to do it. But you live in Russia and you can meet guys from national team of 1990 borns. Just ask them one question: Is Petrov really 1990 born? I did it and saw them laughing.

But it is not a subject. You got me wrong and i would even say that i showed my point of view in a wrong way.

No one really cares about his birth certificate right now. Just let's imaging the following situation (just an EXAMPLE). Malkin has fake birth certificate. Who cares about it now? NO ONE. Because if he is even not 20 yo but 22 yo he plays like tons of 25-30 yo players can't and will not ever. The same about Petrov. If he plays fantastic when he is 20 yo nobody will ****ing care about his birth certificate. So let's wait till he's 20 yo. But you know that age diffirence is very marked in junior hockey. And if you, for example, are 16 yo and play for team of 1992 borns you will have advantage. Also you will have great stats and wonderful feedbacks on forums. And you will have a place in national team of 1992 borns. And another guy who is real 14 yo will not and end his career. That is for your "Birthdate certificates who cares about it especially in Russia?". Do you get what i am talking about now?

I liked the way Petrov played in Spartak (but i think he wasn't the best one in the Ostapchuk-Chernov-Petrov line) and wish him luck. But i wonder why you call him phenomenon(it is not something special that he is 16 yo and plays in RSL). Just let's wait. Time mustn't show. Petrov will show himself who he is.

Old
09-27-2006, 04:29 AM
combine81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
I think that you both have a point. Petrov has clear talent and very good size. He also did pretty well for his beginning in RSL. Probably not Ovechkin type of potential, but not excluded to see him within a top 10-15 of a draft. Lazarev is pretty good too in my opinion. In the same draft year, Filatov needs more consistency in internaitonal games if he wants to be drafted high.

One thing to keep in mind is that playing in RSL at a young age does not always amount to great career. Remember Alexander Plyuschev? I think he played his first RSL game at 15.

I don't regard Voynov as a high end prospect. Not impressive physically and nothing truely extraordinary so far.

As for combine81's point, I think is referring to the fact that Ezhov was rumored to be actually born in 1983, not 1985. Even though you (Hockeycritic) have a fair point in saying that what matters is to be good on the ice, the bottom line is that it affects how your learning curve is perceived (and thus impacts where you get drafted and what type of potential is assessed).
I don't regard Voynov as a high end prospect either. I mentioned him just because Hockeycritic had said that Petrov is a phenomenon because he made his debut in RSL at 16 years of age.

As for Lazarev. He should play and doesn't think about money. Now he's wasting his time while Traktor and Khimik fight for him. Just IMO. Lazarev was the best player in Khimik-2 during pre-season.

Old
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Hockeycritic

Quote:
I don't regard Voynov as a high end prospect either. I mentioned him just because Hockeycritic had said that Petrov is a phenomenon because he made his debut in RSL at 16 years of age.

As for Lazarev. He should play and doesn't think about money. Now he's wasting his time while Traktor and Khimik fight for him. Just IMO. Lazarev was the best player in Khimik-2 during pre-season.
THANKS a lot for very interesting discussion and facts. Let's do some disticnctions between 2 words PHENOMENON and WUNDERKIND not to create mix-up! OK?

Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate DICTIONARY:

WUN-DER-KIND n, pl wun-der-kin-der (G, Fr Wunder wonder+ kind child) a child Prodigy; also: One who succeeds in competitive or highly difficult field or profession at an early age!

PHE-NOM-E-NON n-pl, -na (LL Phaenomenon) 1. An observable fact or event. 2. A rare or significant fact or event. An exceptional or abnormal person, thing or occurrence.

Collins Birmingham University Dictionary:

A PHENOMENON is something that is observed to happen or exists…

To my mind WUNDERKINDS of Russian hockey are D Tverdovsky Krylia Soviets M debut at 16 92-93, FW Samsonov 1978 CSKA M debut at 16 94/95, D/FW Markov Andrei Voskresensk debut at 17 95-96, FW Malkin Magnitogorsk debut at 17 03-04, FW Afinogenov Dynamo M at 16 95-96, Ovechkin debut at 16 01-02.

6 persons in 10-15 years. Of course, OVECHKIN and MALKIN stand-out of this group for sure!

In Soviet times 16 years of age DEBUT was considered normal but different times and league played lesser games. Now in Russian times many teams put onto the roster YOUNG players not becausethey are MEGA SKILLED but because of different problems crowd of injured players or financial crisis...

ARTIFICIAL measured not NATURAL like with those 6 players I mentioned.
ARTIFICIAL case of: D Markov Daniil SPARTAK M 93-94 debut at 17 who was quite late NHL pick but surprisingly developed into EXCELLENT NHL defenseman EXCEPTION OF THE RULES!
Quite not easy period for Russian Hockey 93/94 in financial terms. Modern times somebody mentioned FW Plyuschev 1986 Spartak M 01-02 debut at 15 years of age. Nothing of the kind that we can talk EVEN about phenomenon case. TRAGEDY financial tragedy of the club and that's it. Happiness for Plyuschev because his father could even help him with DEBUT that time. BTW this player still can't skate. Runs onto the heels of his skates which is funny.

Who else we have not discussed? Oh, YES, D EZHOV 1985 01-02 debut at 16 with Togliatti which had also problems in the club with DEFENSIVE corpus! Artificial measure. Then D SELEZNEV Yakov 1989 04-05 debut at 15 in PERM, FW REPKIN Alexei late born 1987 04-05 debut at 17 with PERM which is in financial crisis and experienced players will not take the job for nothing. KOROSTIN Sergei 1989 05-06 Dynamo M debut at 16 just because of too many injured players onto the roster. D VOINOV 1990 06-07 debut at 16 with CHELYABINSK is ARTIFICIAL measure as coach Tsygurov comments though VOINOV isn't bad player. Chelaybisnk can't buy experienced players and that explains everything...

Too many factors must be taken into consideration and before uttering a word you must yourself see the player onto the ice at least 2-3 times to understand his LEVEL.

INTERESTING Sporting Newspaper Soviet-Sport 12 March 2005 regarding topic wonderkinds or phenomenons. JUST FOR FUN TO READ!

LINK: http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?id=181855

Quite and interesting NOTE Soviet-Sport newspaper on January 19, 2006 about the other young player born 1989 who played CSKA M vs Dynamo M 2-1 game

LINK: http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/defaul...1/19&id=211254

Из-за загруженности динамовского лазарета на лед вышел игрок, которому лишь недавно исполнилось 16 лет. Имя вундеркинда – Сергей Коростин. Он стал самым молодым хоккеистом нынешнего первенства, но до рекорда прошлого сезона не дотянул: Яков Селезнев сыграл свой первый матч за «Молот» в возрасте 15 лет и 4 месяца.

Link SEVEZNEV interview in Russian: http://russia.thehockeyworld.com/molot/1.html

PERTOV Kirill so far 'an observable fact or event' PHENOMENON in other word and I hope sonner or later he must switch into WUNDERKIND category because KAZAN isn't the team which has problems with ROSTER or finance. SAME thing concerns KITSYN in NOVOKUZNETSK!

Old
10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Hockeycritic

PETROV healthy after Artyukhin hitting!

Don't worry about KAZAN prospect PETROV Kirill who was hitted by former Tampa Bay FW Artyukhin Yevgeny. No INJURY! BOY is fine and will play again soon in KAZAN line-up.

Old
11-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Hockeycritic

Good perfomance in USA!

2006 Under-17 Four Nations in USA

Link: http://edit.usahockey.com/ntdp/main_...4nat_u17_home/

Petrov RUS F GP 4 G 3 A 4 PTS 7 0 0 GWG 1 OTG 1 PIM 8 +/- -1

Not bad for PETROV to end up 2nd in scoring with regaids that he is still suffering from back pains after nasty hit of ARTYKHIN among seniors in Russian SUPERLEAGUE.

His goals were very meaningful to RUS U-17. OVERTIMER and GAME WINNER!

Old
11-11-2006, 09:23 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
2006 Under-17 Four Nations in USA

Link: http://edit.usahockey.com/ntdp/main_...4nat_u17_home/

Petrov RUS F GP 4 G 3 A 4 PTS 7 0 0 GWG 1 OTG 1 PIM 8 +/- -1

Not bad for PETROV to end up 2nd in scoring with regaids that he is still suffering from back pains after nasty hit of ARTYKHIN among seniors in Russian SUPERLEAGUE.

His goals were very meaningful to RUS U-17. OVERTIMER and GAME WINNER!
was it a dirty hit?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Hockeycritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post
was it a dirty hit?
It was according to the rules of the game. Don't sleep onto the ice when HUGE ARTYUKHIN skates at full speed. Turn around your head not to be caught on HIT!

Old
11-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Fatman

Quote:

HOCKEYCRITIC
The way you are talking about Petrov makes me think that you are one of his relatives.If so you*d better tell us what his real age is.

Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Heat McManus

Wow, Russia is just chock full of phenomenons.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
bluechipbonzo

Can we get an update from our Russian hockey fans? Kirill is not with the Leopards- so what is happening on the farm team? Any links to share?

Much thanks.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 08:38 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
he's playing in Premiere League for kazan's affiliate.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
he's playing in Premiere League for kazan's affiliate.
what...is there an echo in here?

Old
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM
bluechipbonzo

Petrov to start his NHL career...NOW!

Bye bye Russia...

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/

Old
04-06-2011, 09:34 PM
bluechipbonzo

Where is Mr. Rosso when you need him?

Can you tell us please what you think Kirill's chances are of making the Russian squad for the World Championships?

Thanks in advance.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Where is Mr. Rosso when you need him?

Can you tell us please what you think Kirill's chances are of making the Russian squad for the World Championships?

Thanks in advance.
Kirill Phenomenon was cut from national team camp.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Kirill Phenomenon was cut from national team camp.
Garl, this was his first high-level season. Don't you think that getting NT consideration at this stage of his career is good?

04-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Garl, this was his first high-level season. Don't you think that getting NT consideration at this stage of his career is good?
That's pretty good, even though I doubt Bykov really considered him as an NT candidate. Kuznetsov now that was a real candidate.

And that Phenomenon thing was really premature.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote