HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
  #976
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Eriksson is a winger.
I know, but they always seem to lose their #1 center. They traded Roy and let Richards go.

Colorado Avalanche is online now  
Old
05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
  #977
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,302
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
I know, but they always seem to lose their #1 center. They traded Roy and let Richards go.
Jamie Benn.

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 10:00 PM
  #978
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,680
vCash: 500
I wonder if the Hawks have any intentions at all of resigning Stalberg after this season?

I wouldn't be against trading a conditional 6th or 7th round pick in 2014 to pick up his negotiating rights once trading opens up again.

Pick up his rights and sign him to a 2 year 7M contract, or 3 years 10.5M.

He would do wonders on the line with Duchene and PAP IMO. Pefect mix of speed, skill, size, and grit. Actually a pretty rare player to have all that speed, and skill yet still be 6"3.

Stalberg - Duchene - PAP
McGinn - Stastny - Jones/UFA(If we buy out Jones)
Landeskog - ROR - Downie
McCleod - Malkin - Olver
Bordsy

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 10:16 PM
  #979
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
I wonder if the Hawks have any intentions at all of resigning Stalberg after this season?

I wouldn't be against trading a conditional 6th or 7th round pick in 2014 to pick up his negotiating rights once trading opens up again.

Pick up his rights and sign him to a 2 year 7M contract, or 3 years 10.5M.

He would do wonders on the line with Duchene and PAP IMO. Pefect mix of speed, skill, size, and grit. Actually a pretty rare player to have all that speed, and skill yet still be 6"3.

Stalberg - Duchene - PAP
McGinn - Stastny - Jones/UFA(If we buy out Jones)
Landeskog - ROR - Downie
McCleod - Malkin - Olver
Bordsy
I could be wrong, but from what I have heard about Stalberg is that he is really nothing aside from speed.

IMO top two lines should be one of the following

Staz - Duchene - PAP
Landy - ROR - Downie

or

Downie - Duchene - PAP
Landy - ROR - Staz

If Staz just isnt good on wing...trade him

ROR has a higher ceiling IMO and we dont have the wingers for both. Only way it works with Staz AND ROR is for one to be a winger.

Avs For Life is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 05:11 AM
  #980
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
Stalberg is basically a 0.75 points per game player, with Toews. And 0.25 points per game without him.

I don't think he is any better than Jamie McGinn.

RobinDIF is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 07:13 AM
  #981
Avs71
Registered User
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Uh...OK.

But the (rather massive) flaw I find in your argument, is that you place playing success at the feet of (relatively) first time players, rather than years-long proven players, including a multiple-time Norris finalist. The shelling of Shattenkirk at the feet of Corsi stats was worthy of all-star homerism, but now we're taking on Shea Weber? This is even worse than the "EJ is playing well now because Hunwick is" stuff that was posted last month. Much worse.

I realize every one if us has our homer moments to try and make our players look as good as possible, particularly in dire times. And sometimes the homer moments get a bit out of hand. But this? Come on, guys. Seriously.
So if you don't believe Corsi, do you believe Blues fans saying L.A is exposing Shattenkirk and Leopold when they get their top lineups out there? Or the fact that in their biggest game of the season, Shatty plays the least amount of minutes of all defencemen on St. Louis?

Avs71 is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
  #982
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,546
vCash: 69
Stahlberg has gotten better. He used to be all speed, no hands, but he has really improved. I"d take him.

Helton4Hall is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 12:54 PM
  #983
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
I know, but they always seem to lose their #1 center. They traded Roy and let Richards go.
Roy was never #1C for them. And never would have been.

Richards walked. They tried to trade him, but that was no-no for Richards. I think he also didn't want to re-sign.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 02:04 PM
  #984
abdew29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?

What would it take to get Paul Statsny?

abdew29 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 02:06 PM
  #985
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?

What would it take to get Paul Statsny?



henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 02:32 PM
  #986
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?

What would it take to get Paul Statsny?
More than you would pay, that's been made quite clear throughout the discussions in the past.

In fact, needing to trade him for a top pairing defender won't be as much of a priority after the draft either.

I personally think we won't get the value needed to make it worth trading him.

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 02:37 PM
  #987
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?

What would it take to get Paul Statsny?
For me, one of Gardiner or Rielly must be involved. That might kill your interest, but our biggest needs are a left handed top pairing defenseman and right handed first line wing.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  #988
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
More than you would pay, that's been made quite clear throughout the discussions in the past.

In fact, needing to trade him for a top pairing defender won't be as much of a priority after the draft either.

I personally think we won't get the value needed to make it worth trading him.
This...

Plus we need a top 6 winger to play with Duchene and PAP.

Avs For Life is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 03:56 PM
  #989
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,136
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?
Hunwick, Zanon, O'Brien, Jones, Mitchell... we accept all major credit cards and IOUs.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 04:07 PM
  #990
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,385
vCash: 50
I've seen a lot of folks state we need a top 6 winger to play with Duchene and PAP. I think it would be nice to have an upgrade there but am okay with what we have in the system but having seen this quite a few times it got me wondering...is it really just a generic upgrade that folks want or a certain type of player that is currently missing?

Personally, I'd like a clone of a healthy mid 2000s Svatos. With Duchene and PAP I think the AVs need a player who is great at getting into scoring positions and quickly receiving a pass and putting it on goal. I really haven't watched other teams near as much as I used to since I got CI because I pretty much have been glued to the AVs. Who would be considered a comparable player? Are there any similar players coming up in FA or that might be had in trade?

expatriated_texan is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
  #991
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I've seen a lot of folks state we need a top 6 winger to play with Duchene and PAP. I think it would be nice to have an upgrade there but am okay with what we have in the system but having seen this quite a few times it got me wondering...is it really just a generic upgrade that folks want or a certain type of player that is currently missing?

Personally, I'd like a clone of a healthy mid 2000s Svatos. With Duchene and PAP I think the AVs need a player who is great at getting into scoring positions and quickly receiving a pass and putting it on goal. I really haven't watched other teams near as much as I used to since I got CI because I pretty much have been glued to the AVs. Who would be considered a comparable player? Are there any similar players coming up in FA or that might be had in trade?


I think with EJ, Siemens, Jones, Barrie, Elliott, we are fine in the young D department. Especially if Jones really can play the left side. Another " Hejda " would be great. Because otherwise the D would be awfully young. But you can probably get a solid vet in FA or in a secondary trade. So if we trade one of ROR / Stastny,
we need a sniper back.
The one thing missing on this team is a sniper that gets you 30 goals each and every year. Landeskog or Duchene can score but I am not too impressed with their shots.

So JVR for Stastny might make some sense but I am drawing a blank on his playing style right here. I know that he scores goals. But how is his shot?

Semin last year would have been perfect but I would prefer a younger cheaper (less skilled) version.

Otherwise we have to restock our prospect pool and rebuild our bottom 6. Goaltender and defense (need Jones and one vet!) and center (Malone for #4 C) looks fine to me right now.

JoemAvs is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
  #992
avsfan09
Registered User
 
avsfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible View Post
You brought the notion of "facts" into this conversation. I simply stated the facts and as we have both said the facts are based off of a small sample size. Facts really have nothing to do with projecting what a player may turn out to be. Projections are mostly based on opinions and not really facts but you wanted to go to the facts.

You can project Barrie or Elliott to be whatever you'd like but in my opinion I think they are both being over-hyped by a lot of people on HFBoards. I see them to be OK offensively but nothing special and a bit below average defensively.
I was impressed with both of them defensively. They made a few mistakes but they both displayed good stick skills and made some nice stops this year. I think Elliott must have worked on his defensive game in the AHL. He looked at the end of the year defensively than he did last year.

They will be extremely valuable players not because they are great defensively but because they manage the puck well(which leads to offense).
I can't explain it any better than this article:http://www.jibblescribbits.com/2013-...ncompoops.html

They may be slightly below average at the moment but they won't be in future. They, like every other young player to ever play in the league will refine their games.

Edit: They may have only impressed me defensively because of two years of O'byrne, Hunwick, SOB and a year of Zannon.


Last edited by avsfan09: 05-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.
avsfan09 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 11:42 PM
  #993
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?

What would it take to get Paul Statsny?
Well, lets just say that Carl Gunnarsson is not near enough for the Avs to trade Stastny. And that we have little need for Gunnar on our Defense at this point when you factor in Jones and all our young guys.


And I am guessing that was who you had in mind as the player from TOR's end considering that every single Leafs fan on the Leafs bored seems certain that Gunnar for Stastny is a fair deal for both sides.


Some crazy crazy things are said in the Leafs proposal section. It's a bad place.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:06 AM
  #994
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind Gunnarsson. I think he would be a real good player next to Jones. (if we draft him)

I don't think highly of Stastnys trade value, but it would obviously take a little bit more than Gunnarsson alone. And no, we do NOT want O'Byrne back

RobinDIF is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 07:27 AM
  #995
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII
 
Jeff_Dyck_#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: HF since 1998
Country: Serbia
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace:

Who is available in Colorado?

What would it take to get Paul Statsny?

Jeff_Dyck_#1 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:39 AM
  #996
abdew29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
don't you guys think Statsny is being overrated just a little bit, simply because he plays third line minutes on your team and is below Duchenne and ROR in the depth chart?

And whats with all this sarcasm? I'm not sure what discussion you guys had with other Leafs Board members, but I wasn't part of that. Sheesh kabobs people, take it easy.

abdew29 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:45 AM
  #997
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
don't you guys think Statsny is being overrated just a little bit, simply because he plays third line minutes on your team and is below Duchenne and ROR in the depth chart?

And whats with all this sarcasm? I'm not sure what discussion you guys had with other Leafs Board members, but I wasn't part of that. Sheesh kabobs people, take it easy.
I think reality will strike most Avs fans hard when they see the return we get for Stastny when he is traded.

Right now, I can't imagine his value being high at all.

RobinDIF is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:45 AM
  #998
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
don't you guys think Statsny is being overrated just a little bit, simply because he plays third line minutes on your team and is below Duchenne and ROR in the depth chart?

And whats with all this sarcasm? I'm not sure what discussion you guys had with other Leafs Board members, but I wasn't part of that. Sheesh kabobs people, take it easy.
If you search 'Stastny to Toronto' that should give you some sort of idea on what we have been dealing with for the past number of years.

I for one would love to see what Stastny can do in a new system with a new coach next year. And hopefully some better linemates.

Razor29 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
  #999
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
don't you guys think Statsny is being overrated just a little bit, simply because he plays third line minutes on your team and is below Duchenne and ROR in the depth chart?

And whats with all this sarcasm? I'm not sure what discussion you guys had with other Leafs Board members, but I wasn't part of that. Sheesh kabobs people, take it easy.
No. You don't have to be here either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I think reality will strike most Avs fans hard when they see the return we get for Stastny when he is traded.

Right now, I can't imagine his value being high at all.
If Stastny is traded the return better be damn good. If it isn't it won't be long before most here are bemoaning the trade as the "latest one to get away".

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:55 AM
  #1000
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 50
continue here

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post65754909

__________________
Sin after sin I have endured
Yet the wounds I bear are the wounds of love
Bubba Thudd is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.