HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Mercury10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
His skating is the big issue, but he has good size, solid skill and plays a good all around game.
Is it so bad that he shouldn't be signed to play in Hamilton?

Old
05-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury10 View Post
Is it so bad that he shouldn't be signed to play in Hamilton?
I would still give him a shot. Maybe he starts next yaer ECHL then moves up.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

I had considered putting him #1 on my year end top 20 ranking as I was that impressed with him but with issues over size/strength and some injury woes I figured I should hold off.
Everyone needs to be on Gallagher's training program this summer, or pk's. I think subban's strength comes from his phenomenal skating but Gallagher is very, very strong for a smaller guy. Don't think they're the same type of player (gallagher/hudon) but training wise, he needs to get stronger to not succeed, but to be an important player in the nhl.

It appears our future is bright...

Old
05-04-2013, 11:13 AM
jedimyrmidon

Kristo got 2 assists in his first IIHF WC game for the USA.

Bozon got 1 assist for France.

Old
05-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Madevilz

any idea who Kristo is playing with

Old
05-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Kyosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Bjustad and palushaj are his linemates on the 4th line. Florida's 1st rounder and one of the former mtl ccanadiens

Old
05-04-2013, 12:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
Everyone needs to be on Gallagher's training program this summer, or pk's. I think subban's strength comes from his phenomenal skating but Gallagher is very, very strong for a smaller guy. Don't think they're the same type of player (gallagher/hudon) but training wise, he needs to get stronger to not succeed, but to be an important player in the nhl.

It appears our future is bright...
In the case of Subban, I'd love to see Beaulieu train with PK as I was really high on Subban because in addition to his high skill level and confidence, he had a great mix of physical abilities (strength, solid compact frame, good lower body strength, speed, skating) While Beaulieu has a taller frame, he needs to fill out a good bit, would really like to see him get stronger lower body as well.

Hudon with his frame, it will be interesting to see how much he can fill out over the next several years as it's likely going to be a major key for his NHL success. I look at Desharnais, who I know is struggling compared to last year but he made major improvements in his lower body strength and if Hudon can do the same in time it could make his transistion to the NHL that much smoother. But Hudon like Leblanc, seems to have a thin frame so he may have trouble adding an idea amount of mass/strength. Time will tell as he's still very young, hopefully he can as he could be something special imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Kristo was moving well on the big ice and his line looked dangerous, imo he was the best player on that line and maybe one of the top players in the game (I did fast forward after Kristo's shifts so didn't see the full game) either way a good debut for Kristo at the WC's.

Old
05-04-2013, 02:49 PM
ChoseLa

Kristo was playing with Palushaj.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:35 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Kristo was playing with Palushaj.
I wonder what the chances are of Dale Tallon trading Bjugstad to the Habs for our first in this draft.Slim or slim with an e? Slime is probably his counter on that trade.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I wonder what the chances are of Dale Tallon trading Bjugstad to the Habs for our first in this draft.Slim or slim with an e? Slime is probably his counter on that trade.
for our first?
zero..

Bjugstad is a stud, heard rumblings that Florida management was just as excited about Bjugstad as Huberdeau.

Old
05-05-2013, 04:46 PM
googlymoogly

So what are our picks again?
Habs 1st

Nashville 2nd 34th pick
Calgary 2nd 36th pick
Habs 2nd rounder

Dallas 3rd 71st pick

Habs 3rd

Habs 6th

Habs 7th

Is that it? No 4th or 5th rounder this year I believe.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
for our first?
zero..

Bjugstad is a stud, heard rumblings that Florida management was just as excited about Bjugstad as Huberdeau.
Yup. Giant centres with offensive upside don't come cheaply. Florida would require a very lopsided deal before they'd ever consider trading Bjugstad.

Old
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Yup. Giant centres with offensive upside don't come cheaply. Florida would require a very lopsided deal before they'd ever consider trading Bjugstad.
So why all the whining about taking big players with skill, especially when the picks are all between #34 - #56th besides the 1st which will be about 25-26th. That's prime territory for the big bruising physical players the Habs are missing. Anyone thinking that Ty Hill isn't 2nd round material should talk with Scouts same with Diaby, these are playoff players that have smarts and talent.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:16 PM
TinordiandSubban

Kristo with a good showing against Finland, wired one against the crossbar with that patented quick release after stealing the puck. So quick and smart on the cycle.

Old
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I thought Kristo played well in the game against Russia yesterday, haven't watched todays game yet. Kristo was directly involved on one goal, it was his speed on the forecheck that got it started as he came flying into the zone off the bench, was in front of the goalie when hunwick scored.

Old
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
S Bah

When I look at Hudon's game, I'm reminded of Brendan Gallagher and his pre-season camp with the Habs last year. Gallagher impressed everyone with his smarts and the energy he brought each and every shift. As a 5th round pick he certainly must have opened a lot of GM's eyes, much the same as Charles Hudon has with being called to represent his country the year after Gallagher did. The only drawback could be size. But players with outstanding talent like Hudon's, combining his skating, passing, shooting and checking, along with competitiveness and fearless nonstop energetic play, may just break into the Habs lineup next Sept. Players like Brendan, Charles and Casey Cizikas of the NYI's aren't a dime a dozen like some people think. Players like them will always persevere and make the team, the game is in their blood and nothing will hold them back. Just my humble opinion.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:14 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

So what's the deal with Thrower? Was he as bad as his stats indicate?

I think a few posters (That and Montreal) offered some positive reviews on his game. He's our most unique D man prospect and it would be a shame if he busted. Has he turned into a long shot?

Old
05-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post

I think a few posters (That and Montreal) offered some positive reviews on his game. He's our most unique D man prospect and it would be a shame if he busted. Has he turned into a long shot?
Was at a couple of Blades games this year. Hasn't stayed at his projected development curve but is still a good prospect. Seems most of it is mental mistakes, he's still physically capable. Shows some great flashes, makes some boneheaded plays, comes out of the game with a lot of potential improvements and a lot of things he did right. Can still lay on the big hit an is offensively capable. I think parts of it had to do with Mollekan and some off-ice drama this year. Future's still bright with this one, not a lateral move this year but didn't improve as well as you would have hoped.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:52 AM
S Bah

The Habs may want to have a long look at Josiah Didier their (solid as a rock) Dman that's playing for Denver. While they might think about drafting Quentin Shore from Denver at the upcoming draft. Shore's bro plays for Florida at center, they are both at least 6'1" are physical and skate like the wind.

Last edited by S Bah: 05-10-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old
05-10-2013, 09:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Should be interesting to see how he does at the M cup and then the development camp next month. I saw him a good bit this year and while I saw him a few times last year I was focused on Dietz, but in the games I saw this year, I was impressed with his offensive abilities but noticed he has big holes in his defensive game. Personally I would be shocked if he was back in the dub next year, get him out of there, let's see what he can do in AHL/ECHL next year imo. I still think he has good upside but we'll need to see how he adjusts to the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs may want to have a long look at Josiah Didier their (solid as a rock) Dman that's playing for Denver. While they might think about drafting Quentin Shore from Denver at the upcoming draft. Shore's bro plays for Florida at center, they are both at least 6'1" are physical and skate like the wind.
I know that the rumors are a few players at Denver would leave after their coach got the boot so it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out, but if i'm the Habs i'm leaving Didier at Denver for sure. As for drafting Shore, would be all for it as I think he could be a good pickup, solid frame and hands.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

So with last night's loss we pick 22nd, and 21st if Anaheim loses to Detroit? Do we also pick sooner in subsequent rounds as well?

Old
05-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:

If I was to compare Thrower to a current NHL dman it would be Bieksa in VAN. Should be about the same size when filled out...has a little of everything from skating to offense to open ice hits to fighting.

I also thought that maybe he could turn into a Chartraw/Roberts type that could play RW/RD.... kids will run to look up those names

Old
05-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
So with last night's loss we pick 22nd, and 21st if Anaheim loses to Detroit? Do we also pick sooner in subsequent rounds as well?
NO...we were 27th but with this series loss to OTT we go to 26th

We can move up one spot for each of a PITT...ANA....CHI loss in 1st 2 rounds

Best we can do is 23rd

Old
05-10-2013, 10:31 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
The draft should look like, unless we get lucky and there's an upset or two.

1st round- 26th
2nd round- 34th
2nd round- 36th
2nd round- 56th
3rd round- 72nd
3rd round- 87th
6th round- 187th
7th round- 217th

Last edited by montreal: 05-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old
05-10-2013, 10:35 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Winnipeg, 59th, for not signing Daultan Leveille.

Closed Thread