HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m Canadiens put Alexander Avstin on waivers and release him. #RDS

Old
05-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m Canadiens put Alexander Avstin on waivers and release him. #RDS
No surprises there. Good luck in Russia kid.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:48 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Good Luck Alex in your future to you and yours, I'm sure there is a team in the KHL that can use a player with the talent you have.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:22 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Going to be interesting to see how the Hamilton roster shapes up, as it looks like they will need to get a few more forwards under contract. So far we are looking at something like,

Goalies- Tokarski, Condon, Delmas. I assume Tokarski is re-signed and clears waivers next season but what an odd way to handle him as they didn't dress him for 2 of the final 3 games of the year and it was Mayer that sat on the bench to back up Budaj which I still don't get. Next season will be the last for Delmas to show something since it's the final year of his contract, but not sure if he will be able to beat out Condon who did well on a bad Princeton team this past season.

Defense- Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Ellis, Deitz, Thrower, Stejskal? Tinordi could be with the Habs, got to think he's going to see a lot of time with them next year but we'll see if he starts the year there or not. Beaulieu should also see more time with the Habs but I would be surprised to see both make the team next year, as I think Beaulieu needs a lot of work on his defensive game. Should be a lot of fun to watch how Dietz does and I assume Thrower will be in Hamilton, so we should have a young defense again.

Forwards- Leblanc, Kristo, Bournival, Holland, Nattinen, Quailer, Lefebvre are under contract for next year and should all be back. Can't wait to see how Kristo does in a full season, hopefully Leblanc bounces back and Quailer picks it up as he had a tough rookie season for sure.

Additional incoming players- The Habs have 3 weeks from today to sign Nygren, Archambault and Pribyl as well as Walsh later in the summer. Should be some other contracts handed out as well, maybe Alex Belzile is back, perhaps Chaput as well for ECHL depth.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Going to be interesting to see how the Hamilton roster shapes up, as it looks like they will need to get a few more forwards under contract. So far we are looking at something like,

Goalies- Tokarski, Condon, Delmas. I assume Tokarski is re-signed and clears waivers next season but what an odd way to handle him as they didn't dress him for 2 of the final 3 games of the year and it was Mayer that sat on the bench to back up Budaj which I still don't get. Next season will be the last for Delmas to show something since it's the final year of his contract, but not sure if he will be able to beat out Condon who did well on a bad Princeton team this past season.

Defense- Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Ellis, Deitz, Thrower, Stejskal? Tinordi could be with the Habs, got to think he's going to see a lot of time with them next year but we'll see if he starts the year there or not. Beaulieu should also see more time with the Habs but I would be surprised to see both make the team next year, as I think Beaulieu needs a lot of work on his defensive game. Should be a lot of fun to watch how Dietz does and I assume Thrower will be in Hamilton, so we should have a young defense again.

Forwards- Leblanc, Kristo, Bournival, Holland, Nattinen, Quailer, Lefebvre are under contract for next year and should all be back. Can't wait to see how Kristo does in a full season, hopefully Leblanc bounces back and Quailer picks it up as he had a tough rookie season for sure.

Additional incoming players- The Habs have 3 weeks from today to sign Nygren, Archambault and Pribyl as well as Walsh later in the summer. Should be some other contracts handed out as well, maybe Alex Belzile is back, perhaps Chaput as well for ECHL depth.
Yeah I don't get the treatment that Tokarski got either. I guess the Habs still see potential in Mayer and they think his departure for Europe is just another step in his development and they want to bring him back afterwards.

I think Tinordi will be with the Habs full time. I agree that Beaulieu should start in hamilton to keep working on his defensive game and will be the call-up if a PMD get injured. I expect Nygren to be signed but If I remember correctly he has a contract in Sweden for next year, has he not? I hope they sign a veterean on D and send one of Stejskal or Thrower in the ECHL (if Thrower is signed that is).

It seems we're awfully thin on offense. I totally forgot that Archambault wasn't signed yet. I hope they sign Pribyl, he's still a project but an intriguing one. I also hope they bring back Belzile as well as Tenute and some other veteran forward that can put good numbers in the A to help our prospects grow. And I guess we'll still have 1 or 2 Stortini/Hagel type goon to protect them.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Yeah I don't get the treatment that Tokarski got either. I guess the Habs still see potential in Mayer and they think his departure for Europe is just another step in his development and they want to bring him back afterwards.

I think Tinordi will be with the Habs full time. I agree that Beaulieu should start in hamilton to keep working on his defensive game and will be the call-up if a PMD get injured. I expect Nygren to be signed but If I remember correctly he has a contract in Sweden for next year, has he not? I hope they sign a veterean on D and send one of Stejskal or Thrower in the ECHL (if Thrower is signed that is).

It seems we're awfully thin on offense. I totally forgot that Archambault wasn't signed yet. I hope they sign Pribyl, he's still a project but an intriguing one. I also hope they bring back Belzile as well as Tenute and some other veteran forward that can put good numbers in the A to help our prospects grow. And I guess we'll still have 1 or 2 Stortini/Hagel type goon to protect them.
The NHL just signed a new PTA and Sweden was a part of it, so he should be able to buy out his final year if the Habs wanted him over here, but if not hopefully they sign him and loan him back to Sweden then bring him over the following year. As for Stejskal/Thrower I would bet more on Thrower being signed then Stejskal being re-signed as I don't know if Stejskal did enough to earn a contract but if it were me I would give him another shot for cheap depth as he fits as a solid 7th D type since the other young D need to play while Stejskal can sit in the press box but fill in when need be. I think it would be a mistake to return Thrower back to the Blades but we'll see how it goes for him at the M Cup.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Guilliam

Forgot Stejskal was RFA. So if Tinordi is with the big CLub and Stjeskal is not re-signed, there could be some room for veteran defensemen...

Old
05-10-2013, 02:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Forgot Stejskal was RFA. So if Tinordi is with the big CLub and Stjeskal is not re-signed, there could be some room for veteran defensemen...
Even if Stejskal is re-signed, it shouldn't prevent us getting a vet on defense as I hope they bring in one or two in the off-season.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Even if Stejskal is re-signed, it shouldn't prevent us getting a vet on defense as I hope they bring in one or two in the off-season.
Yeah, defensemen was in plural I meant that if Stejskal doesn't re-sign they might bring two AHL vet Ds instead of just one...I wasn't clear enough.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see what happens with the dogs this summer. The deadline to sign Archambault, Nygren, Pribyl and Walsh is August 15th right?

Old
05-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Mue

Quote:
Yeah, defensemen was in plural I meant that if Stejskal doesn't re-sign they might bring two AHL vet Ds instead of just one...I wasn't clear enough.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see what happens with the dogs this summer. The deadline to sign Archambault, Nygren, Pribyl and Walsh is August 15th right?
June 1: Archambault, Nygren, Pribyl
August 15: Walsh

Old
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
June 1: Archambault, Nygren, Pribyl
August 15: Walsh
Thanks! So we'll know pretty soon in regards to the first three.

Old
05-11-2013, 03:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

I think they could bring in 2 vets on defense, hopefully the steady stay at home types. Will be interesting to see what the Habs can get in the off-season, for depth as I'd rather see Tinordi or Beaulieu or any other of the young D have to steal a job from an NHLer so hopefully management can find some value and experience.

I hope they don't go down to the wire with Nygren, will be interesting to see if MB says anything about him at the press conference on Monday.

Quote:
Thanks! So we'll know pretty soon in regards to the first three.
Hopefully Nygren is signed soon to get it out of the way, will be interesting to see if any others get inked or not.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Guilliam

Beaulieu and Nygren on the PP together could really be aHelp the Dogs' offense.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:43 PM
finman8

dlbalr, on 11 May 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:
There are rumblings Mayer may exercising his opt-out of the HC Biel deal to stay in North America. Apparently the Habs have already made him an offer for next season. What is it that the organization sees in him that no one else does...

This was posted on Habs world today. Must be whats going on & only thing that explains whats been going on. Why they want to do this & risk losing Tokarski is beyond me? Not smart.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by finman8 View Post
There are rumblings Mayer may exercising his opt-out of the HC Biel deal to stay in North America. Apparently the Habs have already made him an offer for next season. What is it that the organization sees in him that no one else does...

This was posted on Habs world today. Must be whats going on & only thing that explains whats been going on. Why they want to do this & risk losing Tokarski is beyond me? Not smart.
I do not get it either. He had the size. That's it. If we complain about Price consistency, Mayer is the king of inconsistency.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:

Wouldn't make sense unless we're trading Tokarski after just signing Condon. Can't have three AHL goalies and Delmas is already our ECHL starter.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

I posted a few weeks back that the Dogs play by play had said that Mayer may be back next year. I also thought it wasn't a good sign for Tokarski when they didn't dress him in 2 of the final 3 games and didn't have him backing up Budaj.

I'm really disappointed as a Hamilton fan to have to watch him play again next year. He can be good at times but other nights he lets in so many goals the games become un-watchable. A Mayer-Condon-Delmas group does not sound very good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Wouldn't make sense unless we're trading Tokarski after just signing Condon. Can't have three AHL goalies and Delmas is already our ECHL starter.
I don't know what their plans are but with the way they treated Tokarski I had a feeling he won't be back next year, we'll see if that ends up being the case, but then again I don't get why they would want Mayer back.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
What are they going to do with Tokarski? I'd imagine he still has value, unless it's an attitude/chemistry issue..

Old
05-12-2013, 02:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
What are they going to do with Tokarski? I'd imagine he still has value, unless it's an attitude/chemistry issue..
Trade him for Kari Ramo!

Old
05-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Mayer is already leaving for Switzerland. He signed a 2 year contract. Delmas sucks.

Our goalies next year in Hamilton will be Tokarski and Condon.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Mayer is already leaving for Switzerland. He signed a 2 year contract. Delmas sucks.

Our goalies next year in Hamilton will be Tokarski and Condon.
We know that, but:

Old
05-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Belenos

Mayer will have a problem if he resigns with the Habs. He has a contract with EHC Biel and there is no way they will let him go without any recompensation.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Mayer will have a problem if he resigns with the Habs. He has a contract with EHC Biel and there is no way they will let him go without any recompensation.
It was said by the Dogs play by play that he may have an out clause. I really hope he is headed to the Swiss league though.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Ginu

I wonder if it's possible that Pateryn makes the team next year as a 6th guy. We need big bodies and MB wants to find solutions from within. We could use his 6'3" 214 lbs frame. Does he play the crease clearing game or is he a gentle giant like Gill?

Old
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I wonder if it's possible that Pateryn makes the team next year as a 6th guy. We need big bodies and MB wants to find solutions from within. We could use his 6'3" 214 lbs frame. Does he play the crease clearing game or is he a gentle giant like Gill?
I would be surprised to see him make the Habs next year full time but I could see him getting another look when injuries likely hit at some point. imo he didn't play as well after being sent down but hopefully he uses his experience and works hard in the off-season. Would like to see him improve his first step quickness. He can clear the crease, he's not a gentle giant at all, he's no Emelin but he can dish out some big time hits.

Last edited by montreal: 05-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Closed Thread