HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EHM has Kings in Conf. Final

Old
09-21-2006, 01:58 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

vCash: 500
EHM has Kings in Conf. Final

read down a ways in the article....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...862925-cp.html

the new EHM 07 comes out in a matter of hours; I can't wait. My wife, on the other hand, not so thrilled.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 04:47 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
read down a ways in the article....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...862925-cp.html

the new EHM 07 comes out in a matter of hours; I can't wait. My wife, on the other hand, not so thrilled.
And the Ducks miss the playoffs. How sad.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Venom_17

I am definitely not downloading it now...it is obviously grossly inaccurate.

Then again, if it predicted Buffalo-Carolina, Edmonton-Anaheim conference finals and an Edmonton-Carolina final, many would have said the same last year!

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
SAME HERE...LOL

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Wab_killa*

Damn what are they smoking? but, hey it'll be kinda nice

Wab_killa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Is it just me, or does it seem like they tampered with the game somehow so Calgary ended up in the playoffs with a whole whack of teams that aren't that likely to succeed? No offense to the Kings, but from what they've told me, Calgary was in there with LA, Dallas, Colorado and Chicago, four teams who, with the exception of Dallas, are likely to miss the playoffs. Why wouldn't it surprise me to see that the other three playoff teams are Columbus, St.Louis and Phoenix or something like that?

The Kings making the playoffs and being a team that upsets a couple other ones doesn't jump out at me(although it does surprise me a little, especially with Cloutier in net for the playoffs), but c'mon, the Blackhawks in third while Dallas takes first? Possibly the most ridiculous prediction ever, and while so too would've been Canes as 06 SC champions, the Blackhawks to makes the playoffs is almost ridiculous. Their defense might not be horrible, and Bulin might get back in form, but other than that, they got Martin Havlat. Ruutu might be good is he's healthy, and Handzus might prove that he's a bit more than a depth center, but when it's all said and done, that's a whole lot of mights. Frankly, the only reason I could see this happening on the game is if they made it so Ruutu played a whole season and Chicago not only acquired Joe Thornton, but also seemingly had Bobby Hull in his prime added to the EHM roster.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 03:07 AM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Darsh View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like they tampered with the game somehow so Calgary ended up in the playoffs with a whole whack of teams that aren't that likely to succeed? No offense to the Kings, but from what they've told me, Calgary was in there with LA, Dallas, Colorado and Chicago, four teams who, with the exception of Dallas, are likely to miss the playoffs. Why wouldn't it surprise me to see that the other three playoff teams are Columbus, St.Louis and Phoenix or something like that?

The Kings making the playoffs and being a team that upsets a couple other ones doesn't jump out at me(although it does surprise me a little, especially with Cloutier in net for the playoffs), but c'mon, the Blackhawks in third while Dallas takes first? Possibly the most ridiculous prediction ever, and while so too would've been Canes as 06 SC champions, the Blackhawks to makes the playoffs is almost ridiculous. Their defense might not be horrible, and Bulin might get back in form, but other than that, they got Martin Havlat. Ruutu might be good is he's healthy, and Handzus might prove that he's a bit more than a depth center, but when it's all said and done, that's a whole lot of mights. Frankly, the only reason I could see this happening on the game is if they made it so Ruutu played a whole season and Chicago not only acquired Joe Thornton, but also seemingly had Bobby Hull in his prime added to the EHM roster.

Don't forget that this is not a prediction, but a simulation that factors in trades and injuries and such. If you predict that the current Hawks team (used as an example since you brought them up) is going to suck and you look at them on paper you would be right, but when you play the games out and make roster moves and such it shows that anything can happen in a league whose parity is starting to show.
Case in point, the Detroit Tigers.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Darsh View Post

Chicago is going to surprise alot of people i think. With a healthy Aucoin, they have a very good and very deep blueline. If the Bulin wall can get back in form they will be a solid defensive team. A couple of inseason acquisitions to add to Ruutu and Havlat and they could have a much better team than peopl give them credit for. Plus playing Detroit, Columbus and St. Louis 8 times each will help.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote