Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Tyler Seguin

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 12:53 PM
KrejciMVP

vCash: 500
To be honest I like it when Tyler brings the from behind our own net to the opponents offensive zone. kessel used to do the same thing. I just want tyler to be comfortable handling the puck. Right now he reminds me of a broken vacume cleaner.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
To be honest I like it when Tyler brings the from behind our own net to the opponents offensive zone. kessel used to do the same thing. I just want tyler to be comfortable handling the puck. Right now he reminds me of a broken vacume cleaner.
Broken Vacuum cleaner??? I would think a brand new Kirby makes more sense as of this moment in time.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:56 PM
howaryuh

Seguin will pull out of his funk, just having a hard time finding his groove right now.
The whole second line needs to get going offensively, should that happen it will be a deep playoff run for sure.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
Seguin will pull out of his funk, just having a hard time finding his groove right now.
The whole second line needs to get going offensively, should that happen it will be a deep playoff run for sure.
Seguin got thrown off when Bergeron and Marchand were out is probably some of the problem. Not a good excuse though unless he has some secret injury that's inhibiting his play.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Broken Vacuum cleaner??? I would think a brand new Kirby makes more sense as of this moment in time.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:16 PM
24giovanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Phil Kessel scored 36 goals (in 70 games) and was at .86 PPG in his third full season. Prorated over 82 games Seguin would have scored 27 goals this year and averaged .67 PPG in his third season.

The phrase "now Seguin is here and brings similar attributes, but is doing it better at a younger age" is simply inaccurate.
Marc Savard was also his center and was very creative when it came to making passes. Patrice Bergeron is no where close to Savard when it comes to making creative passes to score goals.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Julien on production:

Quote:
ďI think itís pretty obvious that that the line is leading the way right now. Bergy [Patrice Bergeron] scores a goal last night, it as on the power play. I think Bergyís played well, I thought Tyler [Seguin] played extremely well here in Boston and that line was actually good, but I donít think Tyler played his best, and neither did Brad [Marchand], in Toronto. Theyíve got a chance to redeem themselves here, but the other lines have, at some point, produced, as well. But Krejciís line is, no doubt, the dominant line, I think thatís the biggest thing. We saw that Ė I feel like Iím repeating myself Ė a few years back when I thought [Chris] Kelly, [Rich] Peverley, and [Michael] Ryder were a dominant in the Montreal series, and then other lines picked it up afterwards. At the end of the day, itís a matter of always having somebody doing something to help us win hockey games and, so far, thatís whatís been happening.Ē
Emphasis added.

It's funny how people forget the pattern of the 2011 playoff run - some players step it up in one series, then others in the next. Krejci had one goal vs. the Habs in 2011, then absolutely torched the Flyers. That's the nature of this team.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...k-in-the-zone/

Old
05-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
Marc Savard was also his center and was very creative when it came to making passes. Patrice Bergeron is no where close to Savard when it comes to making creative passes to score goals.

There are not many who are.

Those Savvy passes were amazing.

05-10-2013, 02:47 PM
HarvardBruin

Seguin needs to not only put on a little weight, but he also needs to slow his game down - particularly when entering the zone. Far too often, he flies into the zone, attempts a deke, and ultimately loses control of the puck if he tries to go in hard at the defender. He typically gets pushed off the puck with ease. Or, if he chooses not to challenge the defender, he'll throw a harmless shot at the net from an awful angle.

He's got to learn that when he doesn't have numbers in his favor, to slow down, create a little space for himself, and allow his teammates time to get into the zone. Put on a stop occasionally to create some space and time. Circle the net to give your teammates time to get into the zone to help you out. Do something different on occasion when the numbers aren't in your favor.

Once Tyler bulks up a little, he'll be better able to challenge defenders when they have position on him. As it stands now, he typically lacks the strength to maintain control of the puck. I'd also like to see him add some creativity to his game because I feel like I watch the same failed dekes over and over again.

Overall, though, he just needs to learn to slow his game down when entering the offensive zone.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:50 PM
House Targaryen

^ Agreed about him coming into the zone too hot. Well, the speed is actually fine, but the bajillion dekes...way too many. Usually it seems like he does one or two dekes too many and either loses the puck or gets bumped off. He should make one or two moves max and then blow by defenders.

And hit the net for chrissake. I'm about to get him a place at the high glass crew's table with plexiglass Pevs and Chris Bourque.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:54 PM
HarvardBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Targaryen View Post
^ Agreed about him coming into the zone too hot. Well, the speed is actually fine, but the bajillion dekes...way too many. Usually it seems like he does one or two dekes too many and either loses the puck or gets bumped off. He should make one or two moves max and then blow by defenders.

And hit the net for chrissake. I'm about to get him a place at the high glass crew's table with plexiglass Pevs and Chris Bourque.
I don't mind skating into the zone with speed. In fact, that speed can create a tremendous amount of space and time for you *IF* you put on a stop because the defender has both his reaction time and momentum working against him. However, we never see Seguin do this. It's either a failed deke or a harmless shot that, as you noted, sometimes doesn't even hit the net. And, as we know, it's those wide shots that work their way back up the boards and often times create scoring opportunities for the other team.

Seguin has the talent of a #1 or #2 pick. That is evident. That being said, what makes greatness is the ability to add layers to your game.

That's why LeBron James is who he is and why Carmelo Anthony is who he is. Not to say LeBron isn't more talented (because he is), but he is the one who has added a lot of depth to his game, whereas Anthony is still just a scorer and that's about it. Maybe that's not the greatest example considering Carmelo is considered an elite player. However, I think my point is still understood.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Targaryen View Post

lexiglass Pevs" haha seriously. Last game on the PP when Seguin had 2 one timer opportunities, hits the side of the net on the first, then misses far side on the 2nd. Ahhh.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardBruin View Post
I don't mind skating into the zone with speed. In fact, that speed can create a tremendous amount of space and time for you *IF* you put on a stop because the defender has both his reaction time and momentum working against him. However, we never see Seguin do this. It's either a failed deke or a harmless shot that, as you noted, sometimes doesn't even hit the net. And, as we know, it's those wide shots that work their way back up the boards and often times create scoring opportunities for the other team.

Seguin has the talent of a #1 or #2 pick. That is evident. That being said, what makes greatness is the ability to add layers to your game.

That's why LeBron James is who he is and why Carmelo Anthony is who he is. Not to say LeBron isn't more talented (because he is), but he is the one who has added a lot of depth to his game, whereas Anthony is still just a scorer and that's about it. Maybe that's not the greatest example considering Carmelo is considered an elite player. However, I think my point is still understood.
Anthony pretty much won that whole series for NY... Basically scored half the teams points every game.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

[QUOTE=KrejciMVP;65764279]To be honest I like it when Tyler brings the from behind our own net to the opponents offensive zone. kessel used to do the same thing. I just want tyler to be comfortable handling the puck. Right now he reminds me of a broken vacume cleaner.[/QUOTE]

You mean he doesn't suck?

Kid looks wicked frustrated. The whole line does. Wait til one goes in and watch the flood-gates open.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:04 PM
unifiedtheory

We need more form him offensively but he is working hard. He was snake bitten in games 1 and 2.

He will be fine. Still really young. He needs to expand his offensive game though.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:10 PM
HarvardBruin

Quote:
Anthony pretty much won that whole series for NY... Basically scored half the teams points every game.
Pretty sure I acknowledged his ability to score...

Old
05-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardBruin View Post
Seguin needs to not only put on a little weight, but he also needs to slow his game down - particularly when entering the zone. Far too often, he flies into the zone, attempts a deke, and ultimately loses control of the puck if he tries to go in hard at the defender. He typically gets pushed off the puck with ease. Or, if he chooses not to challenge the defender, he'll throw a harmless shot at the net from an awful angle.

He's got to learn that when he doesn't have numbers in his favor, to slow down, create a little space for himself, and allow his teammates time to get into the zone. Put on a stop occasionally to create some space and time. Circle the net to give your teammates time to get into the zone to help you out. Do something different on occasion when the numbers aren't in your favor.

Once Tyler bulks up a little, he'll be better able to challenge defenders when they have position on him. As it stands now, he typically lacks the strength to maintain control of the puck. I'd also like to see him add some creativity to his game because I feel like I watch the same failed dekes over and over again.

Overall, though, he just needs to learn to slow his game down when entering the offensive zone.
Completely agree, and just look at Crosby's goal last night for why the combination of speed and balance (that comes with added strength) are a deadly mix.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

I haven't really seen that much development from him this year aside maybe a tad better at back checking. But other then that it looks like he tries to score the same goal every time...

Old
05-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Exactly. Similar production at this point in their careers and Seguin is by far the better two way player. I've never seen Kessel backcheck as hard as Seguin in his time here in Boston.
and what people are forgetting when mentioning the "Kessel had 36 in year 3" is that something very, VERY, drastic was done to him the previous year that woke him out of his funk. He really was what people are accusing Segs of being now.

19 is having a frustrating year (and series) offensively, but he has NOT been invisible. I repeat - he is NOT Kessel before the benching.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:10 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Seguin got thrown off when Bergeron and Marchand were out is probably some of the problem. Not a good excuse though unless he has some secret injury that's inhibiting his play.
I'm only seeing him on tv so it's hard to tell, but seems like he doesn't have his top end speed Still good speed mind you, but it's like that extra gear isn't there. Or it could be that the leafs have matching speed....

Old
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
schadenfreudeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
I blame Patrick Kane, the Spengler Cup, and Swiss hookah bars..

I completely agree, playing over there on a a larger surface completely retarded his development for the nhl game. Even Jagr said in an interview that it's a different game and it took him about a year to adjust his game when he changed back to the nhl.

That being said his skills and positive development as a player are without question. He's been putting himself in good spots as of late, he just hasn't found the back of the net. It's not like he is lazy, disinterested or showed up out of shape, he just needs to develop and get stronger.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:50 PM
BleedBruins

He has been better tonight. Back to simple play. No foolish turnovers.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
slasher911

The whole Bergeron line can't score for ****, but Seguin is especially bad. 24 shots on net and not a single point is scary.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:52 PM
TheBigZ

Seguin sucks

Old
05-10-2013, 08:53 PM
bruins repeat time

Im more interested in how Tyler plays the goals will come. game 4--one of our worst forwards game 5--- one of our best especially in the first two horrid periods

Closed Thread