HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
DPS guy killed by a tanker truck, but hey, Jodi gets all the spotlight.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
DPS guy killed by a tanker truck, but hey, Jodi gets all the spotlight.
It's tragic for those connected to the person but not sure why you think it should be in the spotlight? Heck if I was the family I'd rather grieve in peace anyway than be part of some media circus. 1000's of people die everyday and while most of them are tragic, if you're not personally involved there is no point in dwelling on it.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
zz

So... what the hell is going with that stabbing ***** story? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I haven't followed that thing at all, didn't know about it and now it's freaking everywhere. Did she simply murder her ex? Doesn't that happen like 10 times a day? Why is this a story?

I'm confused.

Last edited by zz: 05-08-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old
05-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

The OJ Simpson Trial gave birth to these overcovered trials we now see from time to time. Nancy Disgrace makes a killing off of such murder trials.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:16 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
It's tragic for those connected to the person but not sure why you think it should be in the spotlight? Heck if I was the family I'd rather grieve in peace anyway than be part of some media circus. 1000's of people die everyday and while most of them are tragic, if you're not personally involved there is no point in dwelling on it.
Then who cares about this guy that was stabbed to death then? Why are we dwelling in this?

Old
05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Safari browser auto-suggests websites as you type in the URL. For the longest time, "hfb" has prompted the browser to suggest

"http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44"

... which is the Stars forum. But today, for the very first time ...

"http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40"

You're one of us now!

Mine goes to the Lounge now. I spend too much time there.

05-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
The amount of money spent on that open and shut case is the real story.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:15 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
So... what the hell is going with that stabbing ***** story? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I haven't followed that thing at all, didn't know about it and now it's freaking everywhere. Did she simply murder her ex? Doesn't that happen like 10 times a day? Why is this a story?

I'm confused.
They were Mormon and having a very sexual relationship for years. Very sexual details came out including nude photos. It gave the media a very steamy story to give the very sordid details about, and the repressed public a whole lot of nasty little bits to dwell on. The forbidden LDS aspect just made it all the more juicy. Plus she was a stalker. People love that lifetime movie angle. He kept moving away and falling back into her sex trap. It's made for TV. They were both quite good looking and social media provided an entire catalog of visual aids for the cable news media. Then there was the excessively gruesome way in which she murdered this young man. She shot him in the head while he was taking a shower. That most vulnerable moment in which we all dread. Then she stabbed him thirty times and cur his throat so aggressively that he was nearly decapitated. The crime scene photos leaked all over the internet. The media LIVES for this.

How can you not understand the feeding frenzy. It's basically what these ******** dream of day and night. It had every possible disgusting angle to make it absolutely perfect for cable media and mass consumption.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
The amount of money spent on that open and shut case is the real story.
I don't know. The system worked pretty well today.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:28 AM
ck26
7,709 miles & runnin

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I don't know. The system worked pretty well today.
I didn't really accomplish anything at work today, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't know until about 1pm that this trial was even in Phoenix. Would have loved to make it down to be there for the mob scene.

Did anyone see her interview on Fox tonight? Surreal for her to speak objectively so soon after ... "I didn't think they'd call it premeditated" ... "I'd rather just get the death penalty" ... she's clearly already at peace with the verdict ... just sounds so weird coming only a few hours after the fact.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:45 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Then who cares about this guy that was stabbed to death then? Why are we dwelling in this?
It's the spectacle of the thing. The same people that live for these trials subscribe to People magazine and watch Entertainment Tonight.

Quote:
Did anyone see her interview on Fox tonight? Surreal for her to speak objectively so soon after ... "I didn't think they'd call it premeditated" ... "I'd rather just get the death penalty" ... she's clearly already at peace with the verdict ... just sounds so weird coming only a few hours after the fact.
It's disheartening to see someone who didn't contest charges play out the string (decades long, in some cases) on the taxpayer's dollar. I understand why we have such a lengthy process, but it's still horribly inefficient. In the past, all it cost was some rope. The guilt here has been determined way beyond a reasonable doubt. I'd like to see an expedited shipping option in such cases.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:03 AM
ck26
7,709 miles & runnin

Walk back into house after a quick trip to Walmart.

See Jodi Arias interview on TV. Confused / enthralled / strangely attracted, so I sit down to watch.

Hop on hfboards to see what's popping.

Read rt's post about nudity, crime scene photos and stalking. Ponder what it must feel like to fall into a Jodi Arias sex trap. (It's gotta be awesome, right?)

Conduct google searches Re: nude photos and sex traps.

Post my own thoughts about the trial, Keith Ballard and watch youtube videos of Charles Ramsey.

Turn down volume of Charles Ramsey videos just in time to hear muffled crashing noise come from refrigerator.

Investigate to find freezing / expanding gallon of water I put in the freezer earlier has tipped and knocked over booze / pizzas.

Reach for ice cream sandwich, discover box empty.

Remember that one of the reasons I went to Walmart was to get more ice cream sandwiches.

Remember that those ice cream sandwiches are still sitting on the passenger side floorboard of my new car.

Rush to garage, discover sandwiches at that precise point where they're alllllmost melted and taste perfect.

Well played, Jodi, well played.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:20 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Read rt's post about nudity, crime scene photos and stalking. Ponder what it must feel like to fall into a Jodi Arias sex trap. (It's gotta be awesome, right?)
Rush to garage, discover sandwiches at that precise point where they're alllllmost melted and taste perfect.
And *that's* what it feels like

Old
05-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
I didn't really accomplish anything at work today, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't know until about 1pm that this trial was even in Phoenix. Would have loved to make it down to be there for the mob scene.

Her biggest mistake in all of this was that she never kept her mouth shut in the beginning and she hasn't learned that lesson now. This interview she has done seems nothing more than a way to trick this jury into not giving her a death sentence.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:55 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
His family. His friends. His co-workers. He's not more important than the DPS officer or vice versa, his demise just happens to be far more dramatic, twisted and last but not least, involves a mormon in an heavily LDS populated city. Is what it is, personally I don't care much about the trial other than I feel sorry for the guy.

Quote:
She shot him in the head while he was taking a shower. That most vulnerable moment in which we all dread. Then she stabbed him thirty times and cur his throat so aggressively that he was nearly decapitated. The crime scene photos leaked all over the internet. The media LIVES for this.
The sickest part of those photos being leaked is that you can see this poor young mans brutal slaughter...stab wounds everywhere, face looks like a bat taken to it, gun shot to head, near decapitation, etc. etc. yet if his penis is visible, they make sure it's blurred out. It says a lot about our puritan culture and I don't mean that in a good way. A bunch of violence loving ass-backward prudes. It's embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Her biggest mistake in all of this was that she never kept her mouth shut in the beginning and she hasn't learned that lesson now. This interview she has done seems nothing more than a way to trick this jury into not giving her a death sentence.
Personally I think killing the guy was her biggest mistake but to each their own.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
zz

Quote:
Thanks for the summary. I honestly hadn't followed this story at all. The mormon / sex angle explains it all.

Old
05-09-2013, 02:07 PM
BigGumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
When I first heard her comments about the death sentence, I originally thought, "whelp, then have fun with life in prison." However, I think you're right. If she wanted the death sentence so badly, why did she offer to plea second degree murder? Hint, there is no death sentence option.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Vip
****n good milkshake

vCash: 50
Interesting story.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:57 AM
doaner

Not really. This **** happens daily all over the world.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Vip
****n good milkshake

vCash: 50
True.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:07 PM
doaner

We have a sadistic society that seems to love this stuff. She had fan clubs and some poster here even said she was hot. Ummm...no thanks.

Old
05-11-2013, 03:12 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
We have a sadistic society that seems to love this stuff. She had fan clubs and some poster here even said she was hot. Ummm...no thanks.
When dealing with millions of people you will always have those on the very fringe but obviously the percentage of people who were in fan clubs of Jodi Arias are infinitesimally small. As for a poster saying she's hot, that's just an observation is all and most red blooded males would agree with him. She's as ugly as them come on the inside of course but on the outside, she is pretty good looking: http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-...2013/04/11.jpg

Old
05-11-2013, 03:44 AM
AndrewYotes

Playoff hockey just isn't the same when it isn't your team in it. :/

And the Blues got eliminated, so now I have no bandwagon team.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
Playoff hockey just isn't the same when it isn't your team in it. :/

And the Blues got eliminated, so now I have no bandwagon team.
SJ and Torres

Old
05-11-2013, 10:40 AM
ck26
7,709 miles & runnin

Congrats and a job well done to any / all who are graduating from various schools and colleges this weekend. Enjoy the moment, party hard for a few days, then just like the NHL draft, remember this is just the beginning, so get out there and work twice as hard and make something of yourself in the world.

Closed Thread