HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Sherman & Co - Record as Colorado Avalanche GM (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea kind of funny that a smart, extremely confident new President of the team in Josh Kroenke, who was very driven to make changes to turn this team around, kept Greg Sherman despite his "terrible" tenure, but let PL go. Yea that shouldn't tell you anything.
Sherman is nothing more than the contract guy. Even the Avs description on the release says so.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

FYI, I think I'll make a new thread after today's changes, when I have a chance . It was never completely clear how much Sherman drove the direction of the team before, but it's pretty clear now that Sakic will have the final say on decisions, and drive the team more, while Sherman will handle the day to day duties.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:49 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
FYI, I think I'll make a new thread after today's changes, when I have a chance . It was never completely clear how much Sherman drove the direction of the team before, but it's pretty clear now that Sakic will have the final say on decisions, and drive the team more, while Sherman will handle the day to day duties.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Here is the thread that Foppa has created for Joe Sakic & Co, in the first post you will find a link to this thread, because I am going to Un-Sticky this one.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1426317

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
05-10-2013, 06:04 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Yea kind of funny that a smart, extremely confident new President of the team in Josh Kroenke, who was very driven to make changes to turn this team around, kept Greg Sherman despite his "terrible" tenure, but let PL go. Yea that shouldn't tell you anything.
It tells me that he probably didn't make those trades/signings. He is not a hockey guy and somebody else was making the calls, probably EL. It tells me that he probably shouldn't have the GM title.

Hopefully Sakic will be better at assembling the team/coaching staff. And hopefully we can start a new thread where we don't have to discuss Sherman, as he has/had little impact in hockey matters anyway.

Old
05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Apparently in the news conference today, there was very little if anything said by Sherman. Was pretty much silent the entire news conference.

With the changes, they're apparently making him out to be a candidate for being tossed out the door eventually, or made into the front office secretary.

Gary Miller apparently asked both Sherman and JK to reply to a question, JK took it and Sherman did not say a single word.

Doesn't bode well for Greg. Either he's out, or he was never "in" on these dealings in the first place.

Looking more and more like Eric LaCroix was running most of the show (at least to me)

Old
05-10-2013, 06:50 PM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Looking more and more like Eric LaCroix was running most of the show (at least to me)
I think so, too. Sherman was the negotiator and the accountant but he never was the "hockey guy". I don't think that means he's out, though. I think he'll do the things he's good at. I'm happy he'll stay and the Avs won't be a one man show. Sherman will be an important but quiet piece to the puzzle imo.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
we might as well close this thread , since we have a new one :

Joe Sakic & Co

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1426317

Closed Thread