HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Should The Habs Replace MT With Patrick Roy ?

Old
05-10-2013, 04:51 PM
LastRide

vCash: 500
Should The Habs Replace MT With Patrick Roy ?

Looks like the Av's are ready to steal him away. They Av's love digging through our organization. Losing MT isn't that big a deal as far as I am concerned. No big loss. Plus I didn't like some of the payers he was sending out on the PP among other things. I also read MT's games speech's are uninspiring. I would love to see Roy behind the bench.

Last edited by LastRide: 05-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.
LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Looks like the Av's are ready to steal him away. They love taking digging through out organization. Losing MT isn't that big a deal as far as I am concerned. No big loss. Plus I didn't like some of the payers he was sending out on the PP among other things. I also read MT's games speech's are uninspiring. I would love to see Roy behind the bench.
There is

- Stupid ideas
- Very stupid ideas
- Extremely stupid ideas
- This idea.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Dagistitsyn

MT just coached a team from last to first in our division. No way he gets fired right now.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Why don't we get boucher instead? I remember reading what a god he is. Well, now is our chance.

Coaches come and go and bounce around from club to club. As far as I'm concerned, MT has yet to reach his best before date with this team

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FinnHab

No. Therrien did good job, but our roster needs badly some new pieces for success. Im happy with MT.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

and then a nice early exit. I highly doubt the Habs finished first in their division because of MT tell you the truth. Sometimes a coach gets more credit than deserved.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Craig71

MT got good results with less talent than many coaches in this league that had better rosters of players. If Bergevin can retool the roster and give him some more talent to work with, then we can measure his results. There is no way the guy loses his job after such a good season.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Millpool

There's no doubt MT was out-coached in the first round, but he did a good job this year and earned the right to stay on. For a team looking to establish some stability in management and coaching, it would be unwise to get rid of Therrien after one season, especially one in which he helped the team jump from 15th to 2nd.

Not to mention that Roy is far from the best option available.

Millpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
MXD

Quote:
and then a nice early exit. I highly doubt the Habs finished first in their division because of MT tell you the truth. Sometimes a coach gets more credit than deserved.
That's about as stupid as to say that a team cannot win the cup with Alex Galchenyuk in the lineup.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
optimus2861

I don't think Roy wants to come coach in the NHL any time soon. He seems really happy running the Remparts, like it's the spot where he's just meant to be right now in his life.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Yup, a Q coach with no pro experience! LETS DO THIS!

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Please stop with the stupid Patrick Roy for coach threads. MT just lead us to 2nd place after a disastrous year. He's not going anywhere.

Patrick Roy is no longer our goalie. Just accept that he's gone already.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Millpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I don't think Roy wants to come coach in the NHL any time soon. He seems really happy running the Remparts, like it's the spot where he's just meant to be right now in his life.
Agreed. Until Quebec gets its pro team back. Could see Roy running that show.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Roy is going to Colorado. Rumors have Sakic talking to Roy.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millpool View Post
There's no doubt MT was out-coached in the first round, but he did a good job this year and earned the right to stay on. For a team looking to establish some stability in management and coaching, it would be unwise to get rid of Therrien after one season, especially one in which he helped the team jump from 15th to 2nd.

Not to mention that Roy is far from the best option available.
What a ridiculous comment......We outshot and outchanced the Sens for almost the entire series. Goaltending and injuries were the only reasons that this team is done for the season.

I do agree on Roy as he is a classless POS that should be kept far away from this organization.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
FinnHab

Roy will coach Quebec when they comeback to NHL

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Bring back Jacques Martin at least with him we made it further....

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Et le But

The same Roy who yet again got knocked out of the second round of the Q playoffs despite an unfair advantage over every other team? You know he won't be able to buy imports at will in the NHL, right?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The same Roy who yet again got knocked out of the second round of the Q playoffs despite an unfair advantage over every other team? You know he won't be able to buy imports at will in the NHL, right?
Yeah but....remember 93 man?

Good times.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Cupmonger

I like Therrien. The only annoyance I had was that he failed to incorporate a few simple things in our game. Mainly being constantly posting a player in front of Anderson, clearing players from our crease and making sure we cover our players while defending. Those aspects sunk us. The only reason why I think that wasn't done because of our roster and the injuries. We have a good offensive, mobile and fast team. But in the playoffs, you must be better defensively compared to what we gave.

Somehow, I don't think Roy would provide such an improvement. And I don't think Therrien deserves getting sacked, at least not yet.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
andy28

How do we know Roy is a good coach?

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:16 PM
LastRide

MT coached the Pen's to the Stanley Cup finals and got fired. We don't have Crosby and Malkin. MT is an "ok" coach nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure MB won't fire him by default because we finished first.

The way some of you guys think. You can't fire a coach for finishing first, and you can't fire a coach because he has a crappy team to work with.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
MT just coached a team from last to first in our division. No way he gets fired right now.
MT just coached a team to the playoffs in a 48 game schedule, where we stumbled mightily to the finish line and never played anyone from the West. I'm not saying our fortunes never changed this season, but I'm betting an 82 game schedule may not have been pretty.

He didn't impress me in the playoffs, as is the norm with MT. He was outcoached on many instances, and his whiny little pressers didn't do much for the average person either.

Then again, we've seen MT here before, and I'm curious why anyone would think he would be different this time around?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Millpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
What a ridiculous comment......We outshot and outchanced the Sens for almost the entire series. Goaltending and injuries were the only reasons that this team is done for the season.
I know, I know. We outplayed them and deserved a better fate. Even still, I felt there were some questionable decisions made by Therrien in the series (benching Galchy?!) and an overall failure to adapt while MacLean did a better job of responding to his team. I think MT is a good coach and that he'll learn from the experience as much as anyone though.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:25 PM
andy28

Quote:
The way some of you guys think. You can't fire a coach for finishing first, and you can't fire a coach because he has a crappy team to work with.
You can, but you have to be the GM. I don't see us changing a coach again that quickly. He coached for half a season, and the team did a lot better. That may not be because of him. He may not be a great coach at all. But I doubt management fires him at this point in time.
The whining this week made me lose a lot of respect for him. He did the same thing with the Pens if I remember right.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote