HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

ECQF: New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals - 7:30 PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
  #126
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Guarantee that if he hasn't seen it, he has at least heard about either the gif or the **** he has been getting from the play. The local comcast sports station ran a segment essentially "debunking" Ovie being at fault on that play (which is true - he's not the main problem on that play; but he was at least one of them). And it got picked up by the Washington Post. I love the gif and think it is hilarious - props to Cmox with the great idea and PJay with the awesome follow through... but in all honesty, the fact that it spread like wildfire I'm not too thrilled with; it ends up being potential fodder for Ovie to use as motivation to have a monster game.


Anyway... I've been absolutely unproductive at work today. Not only is it a Friday, but Game 5 is tonight too? Recipe for zero work getting done.

LGR!
I know. The WP has it right here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-stepan-goal/

And Pjay said he googled it and it turned up on like 20000 pages or something.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
  #127
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Guarantee that if he hasn't seen it, he has at least heard about either the gif or the **** he has been getting from the play. The local comcast sports station ran a segment essentially "debunking" Ovie being at fault on that play (which is true - he's not the main problem on that play; but he was at least one of them). And it got picked up by the Washington Post. I love the gif and think it is hilarious - props to Cmox with the great idea and PJay with the awesome follow through... but in all honesty, the fact that it spread like wildfire I'm not too thrilled with; it ends up being potential fodder for Ovie to use as motivation to have a monster game.


Anyway... I've been absolutely unproductive at work today. Not only is it a Friday, but Game 5 is tonight too? Recipe for zero work getting done.

LGR!
If McD saying he looked tired didn't do it, I doubt a picture on the interwebs will

NYRKindms is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:12 PM
  #128
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
If McD saying he looked tired didn't do it, I doubt a picture on the interwebs will
Yeah, but that's 1 person saying something vs the whole interwebz making fun of you.

Just in case anyone missed it:


Hockey Team is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:13 PM
  #129
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
If McD saying he looked tired didn't do it, I doubt a picture on the interwebs will
Yea, well... I wasn't thrilled with McD's comments either. Point taken though - and I agree - Ovie's a professional athlete; he should be able to motivate himself plenty on his own. Just never like it when even more potential motivation is out there for a guy who can be a game breaker like that.

And I hope neither of these comments are taken as bashing the gif or the gif maker -- I think it is great.

Richter Scale is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:24 PM
  #130
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Yea, well... I wasn't thrilled with McD's comments either. Point taken though - and I agree - Ovie's a professional athlete; he should be able to motivate himself plenty on his own. Just never like it when even more potential motivation is out there for a guy who can be a game breaker like that.

And I hope neither of these comments are taken as bashing the gif or the gif maker -- I think it is great.
I'm just bustin balls no harm meant. The gif is awesome.

NYRKindms is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #131
Blueblood9
Registered User
 
Blueblood9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
is staal playin?

Blueblood9 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  #132
lJuicel
Registered User
 
lJuicel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Maybe it's the foot-long meatball sub from Subway talking, but I've got a nervousness in my belly. Would love nothing more then a comfortable win tonight. And if not, I stopped on the way home and bought as many cans of Strongbow as I was able to carry.

lJuicel is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
  #133
lJuicel
Registered User
 
lJuicel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood9 View Post
is staal playin?
Nope

lJuicel is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
  #134
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
I have strep. Last thing I need is a Ranger play that makes me take a huge gulp. Win please.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
  #135
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,492
vCash: 500
Wtf is Ron wearing?

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:49 PM
  #136
Inferno
Registered User
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,104
vCash: 500
20 bucks says Ovechkin comes out like a bat out of hell, hits, makes plays, scores goals.

Wish we didn't harp on tha tplay and left the sleeping giant alone....

Inferno is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  #137
Blueblood9
Registered User
 
Blueblood9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Wtf is Ron wearing?
clothes

Blueblood9 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:53 PM
  #138
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!
 
McNashty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Let's go boys!!

McNashty is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:56 PM
  #139
Lorb
.
 
Lorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Wtf is Ron wearing?
No one questions the garments of Ron Duguay for is it not the garments of Ron Duguay you question, it is Ron Duguay himself. He was born in it, moulded by it, he did not see clothes without flamboyant colors and textures until he was already a man.

Lorb is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:56 PM
  #140
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,492
vCash: 500
Nash only played 2:51 in the 3rd last time. Time to step it up, Nasher.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:57 PM
  #141
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,492
vCash: 500
Kenny with the Ovy jinx. Good job MSG.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  #142
we want cup
Registered User
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
No one questions the garments of Ron Duguay for is it not the garments of Ron Duguay you question, it is Ron Duguay himself. He was born in it, moulded by it, he did not see clothes without flamboyant colors and textures until he was already a man.
And by then they were nothing to him but bland.

we want cup is online now  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  #143
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
20 bucks says Ovechkin comes out like a bat out of hell, hits, makes plays, scores goals.
Make moves, feel free.

Thirty One is online now  
Old
05-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  #144
Lorb
.
 
Lorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Nash only played 2:51 in the 3rd last time. Time to step it up, Nasher.
Boyle essentially led ice time for forwards. Brian Boyle 1G1A in 3PG, 244lbs, 6'7"

You tell me who the power forward is.

Lorb is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
  #145
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Boyle essentially led ice time for forwards. Brian Boyle 1G1A in 3PG, 244lbs, 6'7"

You tell me who the power forward is.
Impeccable logic .

Our Lord Byron Doyle shall lead us to victory.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
  #146
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 500
We got rid of one monkey off our backs: Holtby never losing two playoff games in a row.

The only one left? We are averaging less than 1 goal at Verizon Center in the playoffs. In 10GP, we have only scored 9 goals.

Rangers, you need to bank in 10 goals. Not really, but is it too much to ask for one game where I can breathe easily?

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:01 PM
  #147
Ex Officer Friendly
Got Nothin To Say
 
Ex Officer Friendly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
What radio station is the game on?

Nvm found it! 98.7 espn radio


Last edited by Ex Officer Friendly: 05-10-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Ex Officer Friendly is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:02 PM
  #148
JohnC
Registered User
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
I don't get why people get so bothered by referring to their favorite sports team as 'we'

I do it all the time

JohnC is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:06 PM
  #149
alexb
Registered User
 
alexb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Anyone got som good streams for the game? my GCL isnt working in the playoff

LGR!!!

alexb is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 06:08 PM
  #150
SixGoalieSystem
Registered User
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
Stream: streamo.atspace.com

Lineup from Pre Game Thread confirmed:

Hag-Step-Call
Clowe-Rich-Nash
Boyle-Brass-Zucc
Pyatt-Dorsett-Asham

McD-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
DZ-Eminger.

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.