HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My solution for the Samsonov/Kovalev problem

Old
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
LouisJCloutier

vCash: 500
My solution for the Samsonov/Kovalev problem

Kovalev and Samsonov just don't fit together. First, because they are two players that love to control the puck, but also cause Kovalev doesn't really use is speed to get to the net.

Carbo know by now that these two guys have to be seperate. I think that he should consider getting Samsonov with Koivu and Ryder, and Higgins with Ribeiro and Kovalev. Here's why.

Koivu is best at making passes, Ryder is a pure scorer and Samsonov love to control the puck. Now that's 3 guys that can complete each other. And, with them, Samsonov will have more chance of exploiting is speed.

Higgins is a very good all-around player, the one that will always be on the defensive zone before Kovy and Ribs. Also, he won't battle with them for the control of the puck. He will accept pass, go in front of net, catch rebound, etc.

I don't know if those lines would actually work but it could be interesting to try it in the last pre-season game.

What do you think ?

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
It is for sure something that Carbo might try if Sammy and Kovy can not produce together!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Shabutie

I don't see Carbs splitting up the line that's worked the best for us since the middle of last season.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:39 PM
VanNistelrooy

Latendresse.

*** solution.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

One solution might be to trade Samsonov.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:57 PM
jcpenny

Give them more games u bunch of "too eager for hockey" fans!!

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:00 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Montreal already has a hard enugh time signing UFA's. Trading a UFA right after we sign him, even before he actually plays a single game ( in the season) would really help now wouldn't it...

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:02 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Give them more games u bunch of "too eager for hockey" fans!!
The games are the boring part of hockey.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
I think we should trade everyone away for those plastic hockey figures that did so well for me when I played table hockey as a kid.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Kovalev and Samsonov just don't fit together. First, because they are two players that love to control the puck, but also cause Kovalev doesn't really use is speed to get to the net.

Carbo know by now that these two guys have to be seperate. I think that he should consider getting Samsonov with Koivu and Ryder, and Higgins with Ribeiro and Kovalev. Here's why.

Koivu is best at making passes, Ryder is a pure scorer and Samsonov love to control the puck. Now that's 3 guys that can complete each other. And, with them, Samsonov will have more chance of exploiting is speed.

Higgins is a very good all-around player, the one that will always be on the defensive zone before Kovy and Ribs. Also, he won't battle with them for the control of the puck. He will accept pass, go in front of net, catch rebound, etc.

I don't know if those lines would actually work but it could be interesting to try it in the last pre-season game.

What do you think ?
I think those would be great lines!

And for buddy who said "Trade Samsonov" Give your head a shake, can I have what you're smoking?

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:05 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:

What do you think ?
I agree.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:06 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
I disagree.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:35 AM
kostitsyn fan

Quote:

why take out samsonov for the lack of speed of ribeiro, just put in plekanec...
case over!

What do you think ?

kostitsyn fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:41 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Don's act so fast guys this would relly encourage free agents to sign in montreal!!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Prrebel

Man oh man. 4 preseason games in and it's time break up the Habs and trade all the skilled players. No wait, let break up the best line we had for the last year or so. No wait, lets dump Samsonov, the only big free agent signing of the year and replace him with a guy with 0 games of NHL experience.

darn, I love being a Habs fan!

Prrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
or how about giving the guy a chance? hes hardly played any games for us this season and people are cryin like babies to get rid of this guy, let him play a few games with us before you start givin him the gears.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:51 AM
habsforlife

this is getting ridiculous.

how can we say if they cant play toghether. geez its only pre season and they didnt even start to play for real.

its practices for most of the players except those who have something to prove or koivu that needs to test his eye. well koivu is always playing hard so my point doesnt count but still.

habsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Not really. Signing someone and trading him away before he gets to play one real game for a team would not make our management look very good. Good luck trying to attract UFAs to town next year.

Having more than dozen NHL capable forwards, some depth, is a GOOD thing. Especially when you have a team like Montreal, usually struggling in offence and it comes in offensive players like Samsonov.

In an ideal world each Plekanec Perezhogin and Kostitsyn will all become like Higgins and score 20+ goals and Latendresse making the team would get 10+, but most realistic fans know MOST of this will not happen. We need to have some proven veteran talent aswell.

Also there will be injuries every year, this next one will not be an exception.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:21 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel View Post
Man oh man. 4 preseason games in and it's time break up the Habs and trade all the skilled players. No wait, let break up the best line we had for the last year or so. No wait, lets dump Samsonov, the only big free agent signing of the year and replace him with a guy with 0 games of NHL experience.

darn, I love being a Habs fan!
Only in Montréal...

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:44 AM
imnothere

Quote:
He hasn't even played a single regular season here and you already want to trade the guy ! ?

The solution is obvious:

Bring back Dagenais !

imnothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:54 AM
jordi

I thought there was going to be a miracle solution in this thread. I guess I was wrong. But yours sounds better... sorta.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:05 AM
habgab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I think we should trade everyone away for those plastic hockey figures that did so well for me when I played table hockey as a kid.
No, I think you are wrong. The really old metal players are the best - they might lose a bit of paint and get bent a bit, but boy are they sturdy.

Good idea though.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Pax Macioretty

Those 2 aren't the ones clicking, it's the guy down the middle, like i said in a previous comment. They need someone who's faster, someone who shoots more, who'l cover them when they go too deep in the offensive zone, put Pleckanek on that line and they'l start producing

Pax Macioretty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Guy Germaine

There's a reason Higgins scored 16 goals after the olympic break, it's name is Saku.I don't see them being split.
Ribs and Ryder haven't played on a line since before Julien was fired.They're both too one dimensional and need to be with superior players in order to be effective.
As for Sammy and Kovalev, I'm confident they'll start to click when the season starts.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Pascal

Trade Samsonov for Shanahan!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote