HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryane Clowe

Old
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think hes well on his way, if not there already.
39 points and 100-125 PIM's over an 82 game schedule while dealing with a significant shoulder injury? I don't see 3rd liner there.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:02 AM
NYR Viper

Team looked great with Ryane back in the line-up. He didn't look too slow out there. Took it to Oleksy after the whistle and created chances around the net with his size and strength.

He looked good and added a nice edge to the top-9.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Team looked great with Ryane back in the line-up. He didn't look too slow out there. Took it to Oleksy after the whistle and created chances around the net with his size and strength.

He looked good and added a nice edge to the top-9.
He stole Oleksy's swagger from games 1-3 and Oleksy had his softest game so far in the series. I thought that sequence after the whistle set the tone for a much more physical and intense game from the Rangers.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Wolfy

I feel sorry for Clowe, another concussion? He hasn't had much luck in a blueshirt, I'm not even sure anymore if he'll get a contract with the Rangers.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Man we really needed Clowe or Staal...This is like games 1 and 2 all over again. ****

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Abooch68

Well I mean we are plying in their barn..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I feel sorry for Clowe, another concussion? He hasn't had much luck in a blueshirt, I'm not even sure anymore if he'll get a contract with the Rangers.
Not bad luck, terrible scouting by the pro scouts. Trading high picks for washed up, injury prone player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:54 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Not bad luck, terrible scouting by the pro scouts. Trading high picks for washed up, injury prone player.
not a huge fan of clowe. im sure he will want good money. id rather play miller and kreider a lot next year

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Terrible scouting of future concussions.

Genius stuff.

schabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
True enough, Clowe looks banged up and done. Not the best trade, I guess the Sharks had a good laugh.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
Terrible scouting of future concussions.

Genius stuff.
They could've traded much less for superior, tougher player in Torres who keeps other players honesty, but they wasted a high 3rd from Florida and a 2nd. They'll probably re-sign him too unfortunately.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:07 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
True enough, Clowe looks banged up and done. Not the best trade, I guess the Sharks had a good laugh.
Sharks did great a 4-0 sweep, and not missing a beat.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Orr Nightmare

Amazing how many of you understand so little about hockey...Clowe in the lineup we win...he is out...we lose and you guys want to **** on him...amazing!

I would like to put everyone of you up against the glass and allow a 220 pound man going full speed to slam your head into the boards and see how you come out of it.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Clowe is a guy that plays a tough, rugged game to be effective. Yet, lately, he cant play a tough, rugged game without getting injured.

....but yea, lets give him 3+ years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Clowe is a guy that plays a tough, rugged game to be effective. Yet, lately, he cant play a tough, rugged game without getting injured.

....but yea, lets give him 3+ years.
Yea, lets bring in Brian Gionta instead...

Old
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Yea, lets bring in Brian Gionta instead...
Did I say that?

Lets bring in a similar player that isnt the equivalent of a broken down pickup truck

Old
05-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Did I say that?

Lets bring in a similar player that isnt the equivalent of a broken down pickup truck
hopefully it is just a string of bad luck...he did get crushed into the boards.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
hopefully it is just a string of bad luck...he did get crushed into the boards.
The time to determine if this is "just a string of bad luck" or a harbinger of things to come just isnt there.

Theres no way the Rangers should commit 3+ years to this guy

Last edited by Bleed Ranger Blue: 05-11-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old
05-11-2013, 09:43 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Amazing how many of you understand so little about hockey...Clowe in the lineup we win...he is out...we lose and you guys want to **** on him...amazing!

I would like to put everyone of you up against the glass and allow a 220 pound man going full speed to slam your head into the boards and see how you come out of it.
It's not his fault he got hurt but he has been hurt most of his time here and likely wont be resigned. Also he is pretty up there in age. no matter what we used some good high picks and he's not even playing so in the end it was a bad move if we get eliminated and he doesn't come back and play well. ALso you should name who knows so little about hockey and explain to them why they know so little.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:00 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

They haven't looked good without him. The problem is, you resign him, you forfeit a 2nd rounder in 2014 and risk a guy who might always be injured. He's at the age of power forward decline.

The problem is, they need that size on the wing and that toughness. The only other option close to that is David Clarkson and I know the thought of him on the Rangers is disgusting. Plus Devils free agents don't really work out too well here.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
The time to determine if this is "just a string of bad luck" or a harbinger of things to come just isnt there.

Theres no way the Ranger should commit 3+ years to this guy
Tough to say. The dude played 12 regular season games with us with 8 points and 3 goals. He can play either wing. He's a decent second liner, but a very solid third liner. And even if you put him on the third line and give him some PP time, he'll log 15 minutes a game and chip in points (he was basically a .5 PPG guy this season) while giving a much needed physical presence to this team.

Totally understand where you're coming from, but a lot really depends on his asking price and length of deal he wants. If he was willing to take 3 years at 3.7 mil per, would you take him and cut Richards' 6.7 million cap hit loose? You save 3 mil per and Brassard and Stepan are already consistently out-performing Richards anyway. Honestly, Brassard's addition gives the team a big boost at C and some nice flexibility in what they do going forward.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:21 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I can't believe people are criticizing the Rangers for acquiring this guy.
He had a fluke injury right before the playoffs, and he came back BEFORE he was ready. What ever he did, he should not have been back.

He is NOT injury prone. Before this season he has always played 70+ games and even this season he played 40. He simply came back and played before he was ready.

I would totally resign him, even for 1 year, as long as he is willing to take a contract that incorporates this year's performance.

I'd either offer him:
1 year x $3.0
or
3 years x $3.5

If he isn't willing to play for that, then you say see ya.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Kershaw

You call it fluke injury, I call it broken down, washed up player.

He's done imo.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:46 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
You call it fluke injury, I call it broken down, washed up player.

He's done imo.
It is way to early to tell and common sense says that making that sort of conclusion off the facts we have is not astute.

I mean he got hurt and came back two weeks later when he should probably sit 4.
You take any injury where someone should sit a while and be on the IR and bring them back immediately and the chance of re-injuring is high. Heck, look what happened when Crosby tried - he missed even more time. Or Marc Staal last year - plays entire playoffs, probably re-aggravating the concussion, and misses 6 months. Maybe if we pull out this series, Clowe can be back in 2-3 rounds, but not until he is ENTIRELY healthy.

The fact that he continued to sit out despite the type of player he is. Clowe isn't a p****, shows something is wrong and he needs to sit.

What this really speaks to is how impressive Gaborik was for playing last playoffs. Now playing through pain is different than playing with a concussion (which Clowe is rumoured to have), but regardless that is incredibly commendable.
People have come back off incidents way worse, the man just needs time. This is unfortunate since he was acquired to improve our team now. However, if Torts is satisfied with his performance (I have been when he has played), I don't see any problem bringing him back unless he asks for something stupid.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:00 PM
dethomas07

some of you guys are clueless!! hahaha

1-injury prone yes.. washed up, no! we've deff been way more successful when hes in the lineup then not!!

2- he got checked from behind which was if i believe a boarding call that led to a power play..

some of you guys are clueless to hockey and just watch statlines its soo funny...

the guy has been successful here since the trade and creates time and space for his players on his line.. when hes out of our lineup we're a softer team.. we need him desperately.....

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote