HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

habs vs sens

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 08:14 PM
  #101
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 50
I wonder what the locker is like after that. An entire line, and in a way, an entire team just got their ass kicked on national T.V. and 20k live. Do they just pretend it didn't happen, and make a rule that no one brings it up?

Magnifique is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
  #102
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,492
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
I wonder what the locker is like after that. An entire line, and in a way, an entire team just got their ass kicked on national T.V. and 20k live. Do they just pretend it didn't happen, and make a rule that no one brings it up?
Read the Habs board where they think they won the fights... Talk eachother into believing it..

Legend Killer is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
  #103
kassian
Registered User
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Read the Habs board where they think they won the fights... Talk eachother into believing it..
lolwut? I haven't seen anyone on the Habs board claim we won this line fight. No one. But, hey, if that allows you throw you little pot shots at the fanbase, believe and claim so.

kassian is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:47 PM
  #104
240boy
Registered User
 
240boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Was one of my favourite points of the year. dont get to see 1 team win 5 fights at once to often.

240boy is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:39 PM
  #105
Emerica
Thank You Alfie
 
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
I wonder what the locker is like after that. An entire line, and in a way, an entire team just got their ass kicked on national T.V. and 20k live. Do they just pretend it didn't happen, and make a rule that no one brings it up?
No idea but it must be pretty awkward. I wouldn't be pleased with White, that's for sure.

Emerica is online now  
Old
05-07-2013, 10:32 AM
  #106
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Isn't he too busy beating up people up people at a golf course with his father or was that another habs prospect
That is how he prepares for fights.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 10:50 AM
  #107
BIG BAD BRUINS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...Y0sgx0DPzA2qvQ

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 11:02 AM
  #108
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BAD BRUINS View Post
you're late.........

bud12 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
  #109
Godzilla
Registered User
 
Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
You can't blame Ottawa for that, though. The Habs started this with Ryan White's slash.
Nope. It started at the very beginning of the game when Subban got crosschecked in the head and the refs decided to let it go. The game went downhill from there as it was obvious the refs had no control.

Godzilla is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:26 PM
  #110
Trognitz
Registered User
 
Trognitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
The game went downhill from there as it was obvious the refs had no control.
yeah sweet wasn't it.

Trognitz is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:30 PM
  #111
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trognitz View Post
yeah sweet wasn't it.
yup

bud12 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
  #112
BoNeS42
Registered User
 
BoNeS42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
No idea but it must be pretty awkward. I wouldn't be pleased with White, that's for sure.
He fought with a broken lung.

BoNeS42 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 11:59 AM
  #113
Trognitz
Registered User
 
Trognitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
He fought with a broken lung.
just asked my wife who is an lpn. 'broken lung' is impossible.

Trognitz is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:19 PM
  #114
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
punctured lung

bud12 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:34 PM
  #115
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
He fought with a broken lung.
Maybe he shouldn't start **** then?

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
  #116
Trognitz
Registered User
 
Trognitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
punctured lung
ok. THAT is possible.

Trognitz is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 05:52 PM
  #117
MissingOneTooth
Rookie User
 
MissingOneTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Under the rink.
Country: United States
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
The first fight was a whooping! The guy just couldn't get away from those fists. Here's my contribution

1979 bruins invade MSG stands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ef1YVXM9IU

MissingOneTooth is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
  #118
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
I wonder what the locker is like after that. An entire line, and in a way, an entire team just got their ass kicked on national T.V. and 20k live. Do they just pretend it didn't happen, and make a rule that no one brings it up?
RDS's headline the next day was "Embarrassed in the capital". Because that's exactly what happened.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 09:02 PM
  #119
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Read the Habs board where they think they won the fights... Talk eachother into believing it..
Won fights ? They did. Sadly, it was after the brawl. Lost 2, tied 2 in it. Not a good out come.

After that, however, Montreal wanted to keep going to regain some manlihood and Ottawa refused and didn't want to take part in it. Why didn't they want to ? Because their heavies were all gone in that line brawl. Luckily for Ottawa the refs kept it calm giving penalties right away and stepping in to break up fights.

I'd love to see Turris actually accept the fight invitation. I'm sure Conacher would. Subban would likely still win and Gallagher Vs. Conacher would be close. Two midgets trying to wail on each other.

After the failed line brawl, Prust and Bourque could do whatever they wanted. No one on the sens even remotely stepped up to them and told them to settle down, or stop because it would mean they'd accept it as a challenge and go with them. Methot is a big, strong guy. Not very co-ordinated in the fighting aspect, but I'm sure he could have at least tied one of them up and hoped someone would take on the other and tie him up, get them out of the way and protect their team.

It's what makes both Ottawa and Montreal two of the softest teams in the league. Habs don't have a heavy and Ottawa lacks depth.

I'm sure both will try to address the matter in the off season.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
  #120
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Won fights ? They did. Sadly, it was after the brawl. Lost 2, tied 2 in it. Not a good out come.

After that, however, Montreal wanted to keep going to regain some manlihood and Ottawa refused and didn't want to take part in it. Why didn't they want to ? Because their heavies were all gone in that line brawl. Luckily for Ottawa the refs kept it calm giving penalties right away and stepping in to break up fights.

I'd love to see Turris actually accept the fight invitation. I'm sure Conacher would. Subban would likely still win and Gallagher Vs. Conacher would be close. Two midgets trying to wail on each other.

After the failed line brawl, Prust and Bourque could do whatever they wanted. No one on the sens even remotely stepped up to them and told them to settle down, or stop because it would mean they'd accept it as a challenge and go with them. Methot is a big, strong guy. Not very co-ordinated in the fighting aspect, but I'm sure he could have at least tied one of them up and hoped someone would take on the other and tie him up, get them out of the way and protect their team.

It's what makes both Ottawa and Montreal two of the softest teams in the league. Habs don't have a heavy and Ottawa lacks depth.

I'm sure both will try to address the matter in the off season.


Ottawa is not soft. So much fail in this post or is this sarcasm?

Oh well. Very entertaining series regardless and it was a great war of words between fans, players and coaches but Ottawa made montreal look so bad in the playoffs.

Ziggy66 is online now  
Old
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
  #121
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,720
vCash: 500
Subban was crying tears of joy that he wasn't on the ice for the line brawl.

He comes in after and picks the softest guy to get into a fight.

What a ****ing *******, Mod Edit}


Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-12-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Edit
Duffman955 is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 09:05 PM
  #122
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,658
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Won fights ? They did. Sadly, it was after the brawl. Lost 2, tied 2 in it. Not a good out come.

After that, however, Montreal wanted to keep going to regain some manlihood and Ottawa refused and didn't want to take part in it. Why didn't they want to ? Because their heavies were all gone in that line brawl. Luckily for Ottawa the refs kept it calm giving penalties right away and stepping in to break up fights.

I'd love to see Turris actually accept the fight invitation. I'm sure Conacher would. Subban would likely still win and Gallagher Vs. Conacher would be close. Two midgets trying to wail on each other.

After the failed line brawl, Prust and Bourque could do whatever they wanted. No one on the sens even remotely stepped up to them and told them to settle down, or stop because it would mean they'd accept it as a challenge and go with them. Methot is a big, strong guy. Not very co-ordinated in the fighting aspect, but I'm sure he could have at least tied one of them up and hoped someone would take on the other and tie him up, get them out of the way and protect their team.

It's what makes both Ottawa and Montreal two of the softest teams in the league. Habs don't have a heavy and Ottawa lacks depth.

I'm sure both will try to address the matter in the off season.
I don't think the lack of Senators fighting demonstrated anything other than a well disciplined team that was looking to avoid injuries or suspensions during a routing against a divisional rival in the playoffs.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 10:05 AM
  #123
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Subban was crying tears of joy that he wasn't on the ice for the line brawl.

He comes in after and picks the softest guy to get into a fight.

What a ****ing *******, Mod Edit}
your argument is invalide. Subban didn't fight Karlsson, the softest guy in the sens line up

bud12 is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 03:56 PM
  #124
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
your argument is invalide. Subban didn't fight Karlsson, the softest guy in the sens line up
Oh ya, he fought legit heavyweight title contender kyle turris.

First legit heavy to weigh below 180 lbs.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 04:34 PM
  #125
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Oh ya, he fought legit heavyweight title contender kyle turris.

First legit heavy to weigh below 180 lbs.
you forgot the point when Turris started it........you mad?

bud12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.