HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

GDT PreSeason Game 3 - 09/23/06

Old
09-25-2006, 01:02 AM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Quote:
It took him the better part of October last year to adjust himself to the AHL. Read that one more time. What if Minnesota had rashly decided that he wasn't ready for the AHL and sent him down to the WHL?
I thought O'Sullivan had a shoulder injury at the beginning of the year last year that hampered him.

FanSince2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 02:03 AM
ExplosionsintheGine

lol they took Clouiters cooper mask.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Venom_17

I seriously hope Kings fans stop booing Blake...

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
1. O'Sullivan played in the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL, not in the WHL.
2. O'Sullivan already had 4 years of juniors, so he wasn't eligible to play there anyway. He also would have been an overager.
1. I know that. 2. I did not know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings'sPawn
...so he can (hopefully) remember how to produce at the AHL level.
Woah there, KP. Who says that he's forgotten how to produce? Producing at the AHL level and producing at the NHL level are very different. You can't just expect him to come up to the big league with nerves of steel and have all of the tricks that worked on the AHL goalies and defenders instantly work on the better, NHL players. Not every player can adapt in the blink of an eye like Kopitar or Ovechkin. Many take time, but it doesn't mean that they don't belong or that they've forgotten what it took to get to where they are.

Last edited by Osprey: 09-25-2006 at 04:58 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Fat Elvis

Osprey, you can't assume Kopitar has adapted to the NHL when he has yet to play a regular season NHL game. Preseason and regular season are very different. Don't count all your Kopitars before they're hatched. He looks good in the preseason though.

Fat Elvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Osprey, you can't assume Kopitar has adapted to the NHL when he has yet to play a regular season NHL game. Preseason and regular season are very different. Don't count all your Kopitars before they're hatched. He looks good in the preseason though.
They did it with Frolov and Brown.

And really, it's the only gauge you have. If he looks so great in pre-season, even though it isn't NHL hockey exactly, it stands to reason he's ready to make the leap to the NHL.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
They did it with Frolov and Brown.

And really, it's the only gauge you have. If he looks so great in pre-season, even though it isn't NHL hockey exactly, it stands to reason he's ready to make the leap to the NHL.
Brown had a crap 1st season in the nhl, he did one thing good(hit). And Brown has still yet to prove he is a good nhl player. At this point he is just another "energy" guy. People got excited about Frolov during preseason in a similar fashion as Kopitar, but we say this now. Frolov has now played quit a few nhl games, Kopitar has yet to play 1. The only gauge you have is nhl games, not preseason, not training camp, not Sweden. What my point is don't hype and say Kopitar has "made it" in the NHL, that's premature. Let him play a game before he's crowned the next....

Old
09-25-2006, 11:59 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Brown had a crap 1st season in the nhl, he did one thing good(hit). And Brown has still yet to prove he is a good nhl player. At this point he is just another "energy" guy. People got excited about Frolov during preseason in a similar fashion as Kopitar, but we say this now. Frolov has now played quit a few nhl games, Kopitar has yet to play 1. The only gauge you have is nhl games, not preseason, not training camp, not Sweden. What my point is don't hype and say Kopitar has "made it" in the NHL, that's premature. Let him play a game before he's crowned the next....
I thought you were advocating sending him to Manchester...and given his performance, I'd say he's earned a shot on the big club.

And I agree that Brown staying with the club was probably premature...

Old
09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Not saying I disagree with the above, but also remember Brown was 18 while Kopitar is 19, and Kopitar's body is bigger & more developed. That can make and should make a big difference

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
Not saying I disagree with the above, but also remember Brown was 18 while Kopitar is 19, and Kopitar's body is bigger & more developed. That can make and should make a big difference
The talk back in Brown's first season was how big and mature his body was for his age. My point once again is that to say Kopitar is adapted to the NHL game before he has played a shift is premature. He may very well be Ovechkin#2, but let's see him play a real game first. too much to ask?

Old
09-25-2006, 04:31 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Is anyone else having trouble with the videos interviews on the Kings site? I can't seem to get them to load at all.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisnovskyFan View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the videos interviews on the Kings site? I can't seem to get them to load at all.
That's happened to me from time to time...there are times when only some of them work and times when all of them work. Not sure why.

Old
09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
ILuvLA

The site was down for a while today. Some videos play better than others - but don't try to access them from the article. Go to the Media Center tab at the top of ths site and then go to interviews. The videos will load from there.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Osprey, you can't assume Kopitar has adapted to the NHL when he has yet to play a regular season NHL game.
I didn't say that he's adapted to regular season play. He seems to have adapted to pre-season play (moreso than O'Sullivan, to which this is all relative), and that's a promising start.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 01:10 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Woah there, KP. Who says that he's forgotten how to produce? Producing at the AHL level and producing at the NHL level are very different. You can't just expect him to come up to the big league with nerves of steel and have all of the tricks that worked on the AHL goalies and defenders instantly work on the better, NHL players. Not every player can adapt in the blink of an eye like Kopitar or Ovechkin. Many take time, but it doesn't mean that they don't belong or that they've forgotten what it took to get to where they are.
It was moreso figurative than literal. I know that not every player can adapt in the blink of an eye, but it's not like he's learned everything he can in the AHL and that he would waste down there.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote