Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brassard's agent wants him traded to a team like Moncton or Quebec

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2006, 06:24 PM
mbastarache

vCash: 500
Brassard's agent wants him traded to a team like Moncton or Quebec

Here it is. Since Brassard belongs to the Blue Jackets, I thought it would be interresting to share this information. This is, by no means, trolling.

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/212365.html

It's french, so, basically, his agent is mad. The goon who assaulted him didn't get any suspension for his hit, reported to be a cross-check to the shoulder.

His agent also said that if Brassard would play for a big team (we must read Quebec, as he expressly refers to Angelo Esposito) his agressor would have been suspended : though, Allen Walsh (name of the agent) said that he didn't expect his protégé to play for the Voltigeurs again. (we must read : "trade him to Quebec or Moncton"). It's not known if Walsh was talking about the whole league or only Drummondville at this point.

Old
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
mbastarache

Moncton would be a good spot for him. We have good ties with Columbus Blue Jackets and their Gm Doug Maclean. We had two of their prospects play here last year, Adam Pineault and Phillip Dupuis and we have a current prospect Matt Marquardt playing here.

Old
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Transported Upstater

That's kind of pathetic, if the league doesn't vehemently pursue a charge just because a guy plays on a "small-market team", per se. I didn't see the hit, so I have no idea whether or not it was a legal one.

But I find it hard to believe the Q would ignore a hit to one of it's biggest stars, just because he plays for Drummondville. Brassard is one of the biggest names, bar none, in the Q right now. Why wouldn't the league want to protect their stars?

Old
09-06-2006, 07:18 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbastarache View Post
Here it is. Since Brassard belongs to the Blue Jackets, I thought it would be interresting to share this information. This is, by no means, trolling.

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/212365.html

It's french, so, basically, his agent is mad. The goon who assaulted him didn't get any suspension for his hit, reported to be a cross-check to the shoulder.

His agent also said that if Brassard would play for a big team (we must read Quebec, as he expressly refers to Angelo Esposito) his agressor would have been suspended : though, Allen Walsh (name of the agent) said that he didn't expect his protégé to play for the Voltigeurs again. (we must read : "trade him to Quebec or Moncton"). It's not known if Walsh was talking about the whole league or only Drummondville at this point.

Hey, it's my post out there

Old
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
MXD

The point is : Mr. Walsh said quite frankly that if the injured guy would have been Esposito, there would have been a suspension to Bryan Main or whatever the name of the goon is. Moncton isn't mentionned anywhere in this article, but there are two clear big markets in the Q : Quebec and Moncton. There's also Rimouski, but they're like 1000 miles away from "decent". There might be others big markets, but those are the two I could come off with

Old
09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
That's kind of pathetic, if the league doesn't vehemently pursue a charge just because a guy plays on a "small-market team", per se. I didn't see the hit, so I have no idea whether or not it was a legal one.

But I find it hard to believe the Q would ignore a hit to one of it's biggest stars, just because he plays for Drummondville. Brassard is one of the biggest names, bar none, in the Q right now. Why wouldn't the league want to protect their stars?
Two words for you : Agent. Talks.

Quebec arguably have a better team than Drummondville (and really have much more visibility). So it's a way to put pressure.

Again, Mr. Walsh only that he would be surprised to see Brassard play in Dr'Ville, although no mention of the league itself... So maybe it was about the team, the league... I don't know, but if I was Gilles Courteau, this guy would have been barred from arenas and agency altogether after saying something like this.

Old
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
domifan28

I highly doubt that Brassard will be traded to Moncton. They simply don't have enough to offer in return, being a re-building team.

Old
09-06-2006, 10:10 PM
VanNistelrooy

I can take him in Rimouski

Old
09-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Bjindaho

Saint John would gladly welcome him.
And no one would dare cheap shot him with Mr. Bergeron around

Old
09-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
I can take him in Rimouski
Rimouski, to me, is a team that is built for the '07-'08 and '08-09 seasons, and Brassard will only play one more year in the Q anyways. He'd certainly help the team a GREAT deal this year, but he will only be here one year. He is eligible to play in the AHL in '07-'08, due to him being a late '87 birthday.

Old
09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
domifan28

You say Bergeron as if he's a threat

Old
09-10-2006, 11:46 AM
hockeyRookie

RDS Sport Channel announced that perhaps Brassard will required surgery if so, he will be out for the next 5-6 months.

Old
09-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyRookie View Post
RDS Sport Channel announced that perhaps Brassard will required surgery if so, he will be out for the next 5-6 months.
If that's true, that sound you just heard was Drummondville's season going down the toilet.

Old
09-15-2006, 03:17 PM
purpleflash

Halifax is a way bigger market than Moncton

Old
09-15-2006, 03:38 PM
mbastarache

They just reported he is gone till at least feburary

Old
09-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbastarache View Post
They just reported he is gone till at least feburary
:flush:

Big, big problem for Drummondville. Luckily it's not the whole season, but it almost is.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:19 PM
hockeyprincess

Keep Brassard where he is

Derick Brassard is one of the more talented players on the Drummondville Voltigeurs. He led the team in scoring this past season and he has been a dominant threat in the QMJHL for a while now. He is the company of a great player in Guillaume Latendresse, and they both are going to get the chance to show the Q that Drummondville should be a formidable opponent.

Almost every team in the Q has a player that they rely on to get them through the difficult and perilous schedule that the league has to offer. For example, the Gatineau Olympiques have the offensive skills of Claude Giroux, the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies have stellar defence in Ivan Vishnevskiy, and the Lewiston Maineiacs have unbelievable goaltending in Jonathan Bernier. But, since Latendresse is itching for a spot with the Montreal Canadiens, the Voltigeurs cannot afford to lose both him and Brassard.

Sending Brassard to either the Moncton Wildcats or the Quebec Remparts would not be beneficial to him on a professional standpoint; in fact, it would be rather selfish. This is in consideration of the fact that Brassard won the QMJHL Rookie of the Year award in 2005 while with the Voltigeurs.

While I will admit that there is certainly a connection between Doug MacLean (the Columbus Blue Jackets' general manager) and Moncton, it should not be the reason for Brassard to go there. Brassard should only be sent there if they feel that they are not good enough without his services. Moncton did lose a great player in Stephane Goulet, when he was signed by the Edmonton Oilers, but there should be other good players in the system that can elevate their game so that they could play at the level their new head coach wants.

With respect to Quebec, there are many players on the Remparts who could benefit from Brassard's adjunction to the team, but they seem to be doing well on their own. Despite losing top scorer Alexander Radulov to the Nashville Predators, and the graduation of Mathieu Melanson, Patrick Roy may not be confident that his team could do as well as they did last season, when they won the Memorial Cup... after beating Moncton, the team that defeated them in the QMJHL finals. But there are two players looking to make impressions on the Remparts this year. Angelo Esposito, who played on the Remparts' top line with Radulov and Melanson (a prospect of the Minnesota Wild), had a stellar rookie season last year and he could have made the Canadian World Junior team as a 16-year-old. Esposito is touted as the upcoming first overall pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, but this could be undermined by bringing on a player like Brassard. Esposito cannot afford to have someone steal the spotlight away from him, just because his representation wanted him there. Another player who is looking to make an impression on the Remparts is Maxime Lacroix. Lacroix was picked in the fifth round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft to the Washington Capitals, and he is going to want to show why he deserves to be playing in the NHL. If Quebec had not won the Memorial Cup this past season, and Lacroix had not been drafted, I could see Lacroix being traded to Drummondville to play with Brassard -- and Latendresse, as well -- in order to develop.

It seems to be rather contradicting to tell where Brassard should go. That presents the problem of the QMJHL: it's way too small collectively with only 18 teams, but some of these teams have almost 30-40 players on them. Drummondville, though, has been good to Brassard, and with good reason. Brassard credits Daniel Briere as being his role model. Briere played with Drummondville for two years before being picked 24th overall in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft to the Phoenix Coyotes. Brassard is aiming to be able to be successful like Briere was with Drummondville, and then carry that on to the NHL.

So, in conclusion, Derick Brassard should remain with the Drummondville Voltigeurs. He has something to prove, and hopefully that could be that the Voltigeurs could finally be a force to be reckoned with again in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Old
09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Brassard was sent to Drummond

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/transactions

Old
09-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Derick Brassard is one of the more talented players on the Drummondville Voltigeurs.
ONE of the more talented players?!?!?!?!?!

Try the best by a HUGE margin. He's way, way better than Latendresse.

Old
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
ONE of the more talented players?!?!?!?!?!

Try the best by a HUGE margin. He's way, way better than Latendresse.
Something tells me that you have never seen Guillaume Latendresse play hockey.

Closed Thread