HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 6 // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 01:08 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
For the record, like I said I don't think Backes, Perron and Berglund are terrible players...they're just not worthy of being depended on like top end talent. Give them reduced roles and watch them flourish.

Stewart is not right for this team. Let him take a chance in a more wide-open system.
exactly... stewart hasn't won a board battle since... since... EVER. i just hope we can sign and trade him instead of lose him for free....

Old
05-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
exactly... stewart hasn't one a board battle since... since... EVER. i just hope we can sign and trade him instead of lose him for free....
We won't lose him for nothing. If he gets offer sheeted we get picks.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:11 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
We won't lose him for nothing. If he gets offer sheeted we get picks.
forgot he was an RFA.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:14 AM
erderuft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
That's completely false. Alex Steen was the best player for either team in the series.
Agreed. I really like his determination, plus his more skilled than he get's credit for. Alexander Steen might actually be the best forward on this team.

That probably says it all, doesn't it.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Derp Kassian

Feel your pain bros.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:21 AM
erderuft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
McD lost a step and looked terrible all the way through. He gets beat and coughs up a puck on every other shift these days.
When Andy Mac doesn't have that speed going for him, he's just too small. I mean, he was matched up against Penners line in this series...

Old
05-11-2013, 01:22 AM
PrayingMantis
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erderuft View Post
Agreed. I really like his determination, plus his more skilled than he get's credit for. Alexander Steen might actually be the best forward on this team.

That probably says it all, doesn't it.
Steen and petro are probably the most skilled players we have. Steen should have a C on the jersey. Tarasenko and schwatrz will hopefully become what we hoped Oshie, peron, and bergland would be.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:23 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by erderuft View Post
When Andy Mac doesn't have that speed going for him, he's just too small. I mean, he was matched up against Penners line in this series...
Agreed. It's like when Boyes just couldn't put the puck in the net. That's all he's got. He has nothing to fall back on(except Tavares obviously)

Old
05-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
You have a good point there about not being able to capitalize on their luck, but still, look at the goal that knocked them out of the playoffs...
I know what you mean. It was luck in the sense that it went in the net with .2 seconds left, was deflected, etc. But it wouldn't have happened had the Blues gotten it deep or played to the whistle. All I'm saying is, I generally think that luck evens itself out, especially in a series of games.

Watching Hitch's postgame conference, I'm surprised he's that candid about addressing the core in the offseason. Say Oshie, Berglund, Perron, and Stewart are the players whose places are being debated. I think Oshie needs to stay, no brainer. I'd keep Berglund too, as frustrating as he can be, due to the lack of center depth. Of course, if the Blues somehow acquire another center, he could be more expendable. Out of those four, Perron and Stewart are most likely to go, but I'd rather see Stewart go than Perron. Realistically, what could Stewart + Perron get the Blues?

This post is already all over the place, but enough can't be said about Steen in this series. I was hard on him during the season but he really got into another gear in the playoffs. If only other players could find that extra gear that Steen did.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:36 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

i was talkin to a dallas fan and he said he wanted oshie and a spec like maceacheren for eriksson so oshie could center benn... I was like WELL OK and then we trade berglund plus for thornton... next years top line eriksson-thornton-Tarasenko, schwartz-backes-steen, perron-sobotka-stewart, CPR... how filthy would that be... Tarasenko with a full offseason to recover and adjust himself and then a full training camp and preseason with erikssona and thornton... who knows lol... i know im dreaming... but what if lol

Old
05-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Freyj

What happens with Berglund is very linked to what happends with Lehtera (and any possible Center trades of course).

Old
05-11-2013, 01:42 AM
taylord22

The guy that's not getting mentioned much here...Pietrangelo. Not much offensive output, obviously, but he controlled the ice with unbelievable poise. Can't say enough about him. Ho hum season...better than ever playoff, IMO

Old
05-11-2013, 01:43 AM
sbet1998

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I know what you mean. It was luck in the sense that it went in the net with .2 seconds left, was deflected, etc. But it wouldn't have happened had the Blues gotten it deep or played to the whistle. All I'm saying is, I generally think that luck evens itself out, especially in a series of games.

Watching Hitch's postgame conference, I'm surprised he's that candid about addressing the core in the offseason. Say Oshie, Berglund, Perron, and Stewart are the players whose places are being debated. I think Oshie needs to stay, no brainer. I'd keep Berglund too, as frustrating as he can be, due to the lack of center depth. Of course, if the Blues somehow acquire another center, he could be more expendable. Out of those four, Perron and Stewart are most likely to go, but I'd rather see Stewart go than Perron. Realistically, what could Stewart + Perron get the Blues?

This post is already all over the place, but enough can't be said about Steen in this series. I was hard on him during the season but he really got into another gear in the playoffs. If only other players could find that extra gear that Steen did.
If that's not a lucky goal, then lucky goals dont exist. Luck happens. Its not all fate and other BS. They got lucky on that deflection. I think they know that.

The Blues outplayed them, they lost on that goal. Its luck, that puck could have been deflected any number of other places and been as harmless as it looked. This isnt hard to figure out. Fluke goals happen, and they seem to happen to the Blues at the most inopportune times.

We're Blues fans. Lucky us.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

The silver lining is that we're done with Andy McDonald.

Last edited by illninofan*: 05-11-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
The only silver lining is that we're done with Andy McDonald.
Thank the lord. Frustrating way to lose the series but they played pretty well, just need to learn how to hit an open net.

We have a solid core in place but I'm really looking forward to some changes being made and some fresh faces being in here. Goodbye McDonald, and hopefully Langenbrunner, Leopold, and Halak. Goodbye to at least one of Perron/Stewart - they just aren't consistently good enough. Hello to hopefully a top center and some fresh faces.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:59 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post

There are only 9 seconds left. You are a PUCK POSSESSION team. There is NO current pressure on the puck, as you have a player skating the puck towards your own blueline, with a convoy of two teammates between him and the opponents. WHY in heaven's name, WOULD YOU GIVE UP THE PUCK???? Just skate with it for 9 seconds!!! You play to the end of the period (and a couple seconds more (to be sure). You keep control in your team's hands. You don't pray that the clock will save you. It's the will to win and the confidence that you can take control and keep it. The Blues are not disciplined, not confident and not fully cognisant of what they should do. They keep getting that same lesson thrown in their faces, but never seem to learn from it.

Bringing in a couple of proven scorers will help them win more, and should help team confidence, but they also need to add more players who will do whatever it takes to win, and won't accept losing, and will get that through to the rest of the team. Maybe that will come in the form of the two added scorers AND, possibly, also a defenceman who replaces Polak or Russell or whoever goes in the package to get one of the scoring forwards.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:03 AM
timtindall

I am proud of the blues. This did not feel like a round one matchup. It didn't even feel like one round ha ha. Every game was in your face, heavy hitting, and tense. I think i got a black eye just from watching. We have what it takes to win. We should of won this series, and everyone knows it. We are so close to the cup I can taste it. A healthy, stronger Tarasenko, with a stronger Schwartz. Maybe pick up a natural scorer who looks at this team, and say yes, I want to play here. Finally Halak being healthy all season, and showing what he can do consistently.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
There are only 9 seconds left. You are a PUCK POSSESSION team. There is NO current pressure on the puck, as you have a player skating the puck towards your own blueline, with a convoy of two teammates between him and the opponents. WHY in heaven's name, WOULD YOU GIVE UP THE PUCK???? Just skate with it for 9 seconds!!! You play to the end of the period (and a couple seconds more (to be sure). You keep control in your team's hands. You don't pray that the clock will save you. It's the will to win and the confidence that you can take control and keep it. The Blues are not disciplined, not confident and not fully cognisant of what they should do. They keep getting that same lesson thrown in their faces, but never seem to learn from it.
Either way, my point was that the goal was entirely avoidable. Whether they had held onto it or gotten it deep, time would've run out with the score being 1-1. Just trying to say that I don't think that goal was because of bad luck.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:19 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(°o°)ϵ

Game over. Carry on the conversation in the trade thread or 2013-2014 season discussion thread as appropriate.

Closed Thread