HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Are the LA Kings in 'UNSTOPPABLE' mode now?

Old
05-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon70 View Post
It's not just about beating the Blues, it's about the Kings with a 20-6 record in the Postseason over the past 2 seasons, and J Quick back in beast mode.
Yeah that's great. But last year is last year. They're 4-2 this year. Let's see them win another series before they're unstoppable.

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:19 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
Beating the 4th place team 4/6 games probably does not signify that the Kings are "unstoppable"
You say that like it's funny, as in "where you're seeded in the playoffs is all that matters" funny.

Blues are a DAMN good team. Probably 2nd best in the western conference and able to give any team in the east a run for their money.

Last edited by SLang: 05-11-2013 at 01:25 AM.
SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:20 AM
danaluvsthekings

Kings need to play better with the puck and stop making so many turnovers or they are going to be in trouble.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:22 AM
clankfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah that's great. But last year is last year. They're 4-2 this year. Let's see them win another series before they're unstoppable.
Kings fan here and I agree with you. Saying a team is unstoppable at this point in the playoffs is laughable.

clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:23 AM
johnjm22

The Kings aren't playing anywhere near as good as they did last year, and they're struggling on the road.

Kopitar/Brown/Stoll/King/Richards aren't playing as well. Greene and especially Mitchell are very important pieces that are missing.

St. Louis mostly outplayed the Kings.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:24 AM
barabr10
UM ya that;s right

Quote:
Beating the 4th place team 4/6 games probably does not signify that the Kings are "unstoppable"
Would you rank the sens ahead of the kings since they beat the 2nd place team 4/5 games? The blues are a hell of a team and seem to be getting underratted here. I for one would say the kings are looking unstoppable right now

barabr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
They are, just like Rangers and the Pens earlier.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

No, the Kings are not unstoppable.

They were stopped twice in six games. Any team in the playoffs could figure out how to do it four times.

Luckily Quick bailed them out in round 1.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by barabr10 View Post
Would you rank the sens ahead of the kings since they beat the 2nd place team 4/5 games? The blues are a hell of a team and seem to be getting underratted here. I for one would say the kings are looking unstoppable right now
No, but I wouldn't say the Kings are unstoppable either. Jonathan Quick is the real deal though.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
You say that like it's funny, as in "where you're seeded in the playoffs is all that matters" funny.

Blues are a DAMN good team. Probably 2nd best in the westerm conference and able to give any team in the east a run for their money.
And they scored a grand total of 2 more goals than the "probably 2nd best in the west" team in 6 games. How does this make them unstoppable? Sure, they're clearly a good team, but nowhere near unstoppable, especially when they're not even the best team in their conference.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

And just as a disclaimer, let's not make this a conference thing. I watch as much West hockey as East hockey and there's more teams I like in the West than the East by a fair margin.

I've never been impressed by the Blues. I think they're a system team that's gonna be beat by anyone with a good goaltender that's willing to challenge them at their own game. Plus, they can't score. Teams that can't score don't win the Cup, it's that simple. The Kings can when they have to.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:33 AM
fsanford

Unlike 3 of the previous cup winners, Kings actually made it past the first round.
Not unstoppable, but should shut up those who thought they were the worst cup winning team in history..

They have flaws like every other team., But they are still the champions and are going to get a series in California with limited travel time and a goalie who is playing very very well

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barabr10 View Post
There is no need to pull a straw man argument here. I do not think that the Sens are better than the Kings, but I do think that the Sens are a great team, the fact that they beat the Habs in 5 made me think that they are great instead of good.

I am only saying that they didn't destroy the Blues, or anything like that, and the Blues aren't really the best team in the league. There is no need to say that the Kings are anywhere near unstoppable.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Frank Garrett

Someone better run Quick soon or start getting in his kitchen or they might be.

Frank Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Unlike 3 of the previous cup winners, Kings actually made it past the first round.
Not unstoppable, but should shut up those who thought they were the worst cup winning team in history..

They have flaws like every other team., But they are still the champions and are going to get a series in California with limited travel time and a goalie who is playing very very well
Some people should definitely be eating crow right about now. I remember tons of posts saying the Kings were nothing more than a hot streak.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:39 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
I am only saying that they didn't destroy the Blues, or anything like that, and the Blues aren't really the best team in the league. There is no need to say that the Kings are anywhere near unstoppable.
I agree that the Kings didn't destroy the Blues; in fact, the Blues outplayed the Kings as a whole. Quick just kept the Kings in it.

But I do think the Blues are one of the best teams when they play the system, which they did all six games. They just lacked a finisher for the opportunities they generated (as well as some luck with the post, and heroics by Quick).

I think the Blues are being underestimated here, but I also don't think that any one team beating a team like the Blues equates to them being unstoppable.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:40 AM
Dylonus

They're hardly in unstoppable mode. They weren't the better team overall in this series. Thanks to Quick, they were luckily the better team on the scoreboard at the end of the day; which is all that matters.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I wouldn't label the Kings as an unstoppable team. Last year, yes, this season, not so much. Quick has saved their bacon numerous times, if anything, he is the one who deserves the accolades. Maybe now all of the critics and fools who have no clue about Quick can stop saying he's a one year wonder/one trick pony/flash in the pan.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
It's looking like they are heating up

Thing is the Blues played very, very well; Quick was better and Elliott let in his usual fair share of softies (though he's hardly the only one whom should shoulder blame over this): all the games were very, very close.

I'm not ready to say they've reached UNSTOPPABLE MODE quite yet; we'll see what happens in Round 2/Game 1

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Semantics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Blues are a pretty good team. Better than the Canadiens, Leafs, Caps or Islanders, that's for sure.
Better at not producing any offense, maybe.

Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:45 AM
ru4reals

All die hard kings fans know we are not unstoppable! Blues outplayed us in this series and we are lucky to make it through to the next round. Plus we keep Jake Muzzin in and we won't be going too far! We won last year because Willie Mitchell and Matt Greene was awesome! We have neither.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Kingler

The games with the Blues has been very close and could have gone either way 4-2 could have been 2-4 with few bounce here and there. Unlike last year, the team certainly don't look like a world beater and the teams that are left Hawks, SJ, Ducks or Wings and whoever comes out of the east will provide a tough challenge

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:47 AM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Sharks will made out of west...

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Talon70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
Better at not producing any offense, maybe.
Nobody in the East played the Kings this year. Who's to say any of those teams would have scored more goals against the Kings than the Blues?

Talon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:48 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Even with being the defending champs, the Kings learned a lot in the series with the Blues and I am sure gained some additional confidence.

They overcame a 0-2 deficit against a team that was built to frustrate the hell out of their opponents.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote