HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Beat Habs 4-1 in Series!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2013, 08:44 AM
  #251
Wiercioch2Karlsson
Registered User
 
Wiercioch2Karlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
What did you guys think of Plekanec? I didn't watch a lot of Habs games this year (other than against Sens, actually), but I thought he lacked heart and dogged it on a number of occasions. Anybody share that assessment?

Wiercioch2Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:57 AM
  #252
Boobie Miles
Registered User
 
Boobie Miles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiercioch2Karlsson View Post
What did you guys think of Plekanec? I didn't watch a lot of Habs games this year (other than against Sens, actually), but I thought he lacked heart and dogged it on a number of occasions. Anybody share that assessment?
Not very noticeable other than a few nice passes

Boobie Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:07 AM
  #253
Milan the God*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,939
vCash: 500
He was invisible.

I did notice him do the same move as he does in the regular season all the time. He sets himself up for a one timer.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
  #254
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens
 
SlapJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
Here's an interesting sidebar:

Sens have more French-Canadian players than Habs.

Pageau
Benoit
Latendresse
Methot (fluent in English and French)

Desharnais
Dumont
Boullion
And technically, Bouillon was born in New York. Still French of course but he won't be around much longer and Dumont is a tweener, so that leaves Desharnais as the only likely player to stick. And he's the type of player that the Habs really need to upgrade.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:54 AM
  #255
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens
 
SlapJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiercioch2Karlsson View Post
What did you guys think of Plekanec? I didn't watch a lot of Habs games this year (other than against Sens, actually), but I thought he lacked heart and dogged it on a number of occasions. Anybody share that assessment?
He was ok but I think he's suffering from the same thing that Turris had for this season - he's their best overall centre just not a #1. Ottawa did a good job limiting his chances, otherwise he is a fine player and I thought he played decent in the series.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  #256
sens2k9
Registered User
 
sens2k9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
He was ok but I think he's suffering from the same thing that Turris had for this season - he's their best overall centre just not a #1. Ottawa did a good job limiting his chances, otherwise he is a fine player and I thought he played decent in the series.
Check the Montreal board. He's one of the leagues most underrated players, a fantastic number one centre and should be a perennial selke candidate! It's obviously the rest of the leagues bias and jealousy that prevents him from being recognized as such.

I wish I was joking.

He was invisible. He wasn't just outplayed by Turris. He was outplayed by ALL our centres.

sens2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:03 AM
  #257
Grado
it's yersal
 
Grado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,188
vCash: 50
I always find Plekanec dangerous against us. He was definitely playing injured, he wasn't skating like he did during the season.

Grado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:14 AM
  #258
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens
 
SlapJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens2k9 View Post
Check the Montreal board. He's one of the leagues most underrated players, a fantastic number one centre and should be a perennial selke candidate! It's obviously the rest of the leagues bias and jealousy that prevents him from being recognized as such.

I wish I was joking.

He was invisible. He wasn't just outplayed by Turris. He was outplayed by ALL our centres.
He is a very underrated player and he would be an outstanding #2 centre on just about any team in the NHL. And he had a tough assignment against Ottawa given that Montreal didn't have any other centres to lighten the load.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.