HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3rd overall to Ottawa

Old
05-11-2013, 08:58 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
3rd overall to Ottawa

Ottawa's biggest need right now is probably a top line winger, or a high-level prospect that could become one. Since it is reported that Tampa is open to trading the 3rd overall for help now, and there is a good chance that Jones goes 1 and MacKinnon 2, what would it realistically take (i.e. no Karlsson) for Ottawa to acquire that pick? I'm assuming our 1st (currently 17th overall if we don't make the conference final), plus what?

I'd like to run a top 6 including Spezza, Turris, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, and Conacher, so the goal would be to add to this. I really like Michalek, but in a package for the 3rd overall, I think he'd be available.

What are Tampa's needs? What would you realistically want from Ottawa for that pick?

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

It's looking like 3rd overall is going to be either MacKinnon/Drouin. I don't know if Tampa Bay will want to give up a potential MSL replacement in Drouin. I can't see what Ottawa could offer that isn't Karlsson to convince Tampa to give up the 3rd overall pick.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:29 AM
great1

I really don't see Tampa giving up that pick after tanking so hard to get it.

great1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:35 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
It's looking like 3rd overall is going to be either MacKinnon/Drouin. I don't know if Tampa Bay will want to give up a potential MSL replacement in Drouin. I can't see what Ottawa could offer that isn't Karlsson to convince Tampa to give up the 3rd overall pick.
I don't think MSL is done yet, I'm sure he has a few years left in him. That said, other than an eventual replacement, what are Tampa's needs? Michalek/Stone/Noesen/Puempel are guys that could be available in a package. Michalek just scored 35 last year (the last 'normal' regular season played), and our first should be #17 if we don't beat (likely) the Penguins in the 2nd round. Throw something out there.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Zibanejad would be the only piece that TBL might have interest in.

Even then, OTT 1st + Zibs isn't worth Mackinnon or Drouin.

I don't think there is anyway OTT gets to the Top 3.

Certainly not for someone like Michalek.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I don't think MSL is done yet, I'm sure he has a few years left in him. That said, other than an eventual replacement, what are Tampa's needs? Michalek/Stone/Noesen/Puempel are guys that could be available in a package. Michalek just scored 35 last year (the last 'normal' regular season played), and our first should be #17 if we don't beat (likely) the Penguins in the 2nd round. Throw something out there.
Tampa says Cowen straight up. Ottawa says no. End of thread.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
3rd Overall>>>Cowen

Cowen + 1st is maybe getting closer, but TBL would still say no.

The TBL pick is a guarantee of at least one of Mack/Drouin/Jones. 3 guys that could easily be 1st overall's in other drafts.

Its going to take an extremely significant piece for one of FLA, COL, or TBL to move there picks.

Guys like Cowen aren't big enough pieces too cause a team to want to trade the pick.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Umm.......not sure if serious.......

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Ottawa's biggest need right now is probably a top line winger, or a high-level prospect that could become one. Since it is reported that Tampa is open to trading the 3rd overall for help now, and there is a good chance that Jones goes 1 and MacKinnon 2, what would it realistically take (i.e. no Karlsson) for Ottawa to acquire that pick? I'm assuming our 1st (currently 17th overall if we don't make the conference final), plus what?

I'd like to run a top 6 including Spezza, Turris, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, and Conacher, so the goal would be to add to this. I really like Michalek, but in a package for the 3rd overall, I think he'd be available.

What are Tampa's needs? What would you realistically want from Ottawa for that pick?
If you want #3 overall, nothing can be off the table. Value would be Zibanejad + .

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Lehner

Cowen > 3rd Overall

Watch him these playoffs, hes a beast!

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Cowen > 3rd Overall

Watch him these playoffs, hes a beast!

I have watched Cowen these playoffs. Yes he has been fantastic, yes he has looked extremely good since coming back from injury.

NO, he is not worth more then one of Mackinnon or Drouin. Not even close.

Last edited by spiny norman: 05-11-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
05-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Beezeral

It's going to at least take 2 of these 3 to get Tampa to listen to the call. Turris, Zibanejad, Silfverberg

I don't know of any top end defensive players Ottawa has outside of EK that would get Tampa interested.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Halifaxhab*

Tampa says Karlsson. Their biggest need right now is improving their defence.

Ottawa says no because who in their right mind trades a norris candidate or winner under 25 yo. Milbury is not the gm so...

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:55 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Tampa says Karlsson. Their biggest need right now is improving their defence.

Ottawa says no because who in their right mind trades a norris candidate or winner under 25 yo. Milbury is not the gm so...
You sir are correct....Tampa absolutely says Karlsson and Ottawa absolutely says no....

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Umm.......not sure if serious.......
Completely serious. That would be the conversation. Cowen? No! Ok talk to you later Bryan. click.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:12 AM
MAK19

Quote:
I love Cowen. I think he's a top 3 long term piece for the Sens with Karlsson and Lehner.

But I would trade him for Drouin in a hearbeat.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:00 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post

I have watched Cowen these playoffs. Yes he has been fantastic, yes he has looked extremely good since coming back from injury.

I've never agreed with this line of thinking. Think about it, Cowen has been a beast in the playoffs (his FIRST playoffs), in his early 20s, after missing the entire season save a couple of games due to a major injury. And he is already an established top 4 Dman in this league, some would say top pairing Dman, and is only getting better and nastier by the game. You've acknowledged yourself how good he is, even right after coming back from a major injury that put him out all year. Yet you are saying he is worth less than Mac or Drouin, who are of course blue chip prospects, but are not a sure thing, and have yet to play a shift in the NHL. They could bust as easily as they could become all-stars.

Last edited by spiny norman: 05-11-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: qmep
Old
05-11-2013, 11:26 AM
MAK19

Quote:
I've never agreed with this line of thinking. Think about it, Cowen has been a beast in the playoffs (his FIRST playoffs), in his early 20s, after missing the entire season save a couple of games due to a major injury. And he is already an established top 4 Dman in this league, some would say top pairing Dman, and is only getting better and nastier by the game. You've acknowledged yourself how good he is, even right after coming back from a major injury that put him out all year. Yet you are saying he is worth less than Mac or Drouin, who are of course blue chip prospects, but are not a sure thing, and have yet to play a shift in the NHL. They could bust as easily as they could become all-stars.
That's definitely not true. There's a reason they're ranked so high. It's because they're very likely to be stars/1st line forwards. Honestly, the only question for me is: are Mac and Drouin going to be 65 point 1st liners, or are they going be true franchise players?

Old
05-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
To the bolded, statistically they're not as likely to bust as they are likely to become stars, and considering the pretty universal opinion of how talented the top of this draft is, I would put money down on them not busting.

As to Ottawa moving up... We want Conacher.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
To the bolded, statistically they're not as likely to bust as they are likely to become stars, and considering the pretty universal opinion of how talented the top of this draft is, I would put money down on them not busting.

17th overall + Conacher?

Old
05-11-2013, 11:42 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post

Kind of ironic since we just acquired him from you.

But seriously, as much as I like Honey Badger, and he has been good for us, I would do #17 + Conacher for 3rd overall.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:25 PM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post

It is a known fact that no top 3 player every busts , like cant miss prospects daigle and stefan.
It is a bad thread to begin with , I hate how over valued draft picks and prospects are on this board and since Ottawa has been making good strides the past 2 years why would we trade NHL ready players who play well above average for an 18 yr old? makes no sense , if Ottawa were to make a big move it should be for an established 1st line winger fro ma team rebuilding or in cap trouble.

Last edited by spiny norman: 05-11-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: qmep
sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Rschmitz

Cowan gets the ball rolling. But its going to take a lot more than cowan....

And no thanks to conacher. No giverbackers

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:44 PM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 118
Quote:

I think Tampa is gonna want a combination of either Lehner , Cowen, Karlsson,. Smaller peices could include Puempel, Nosen and Ceci.

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:48 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

17th Overall + Ceci + Conacher + 2014 1st? Probably not enough.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote