HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Staal is the big center we are looking for
Horton is a big center/power forward
Zherdev is a poor man's Kovalechuk

and Ward was the difference????

GEEZ!

Old
01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

GEEZ!
I would not read too much into Hockeytrade rumors... Runor also has it that Dundley was and still is quite high on Horton and that it would have required quite a lot to pry him away....

Old
01-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

GEEZ!
The deal was Montreal's first (ie, Andrei Kastsitsyn), Hossa, AND Ward.

That seems a lot to me.

Old
01-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Corey

I freely admit I don't know how to rank Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, and Crosby. What makes some of you experts on this subject? What do you have to go on except third-hand dribbles of information?

Old
01-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Mathletic

that's a 3 year old news ... and if you had followed the draft you would know about this ... RDS opened up sports 30 with this news ... who f cares ? ... there was the Rose Bowl today and they didn't even mention it !!

Old
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I would not read too much into Hockeytrade rumors... Runor also has it that Dundley was and still is quite high on Horton and that it would have required quite a lot to pry him away....
He was set on getting Horton because he is a big, powerful center with great upside. The Habs have nothing like Horton in their system and could not meet Florida's needs. In Savard's position I would have given up a lot for him at the time of the 2003, including Ribeiro, the Habs' 2003 first round choice (#10), Hossa (before he conked out and lost his trade value), and Hainsey.

Old
01-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
that's a 3 year old news ... and if you had followed the draft you would know about this ... RDS opened up sports 30 with this news ... who f cares ? ... there was the Rose Bowl today and they didn't even mention it !!
who care about the rose bowl .... wtf

Old
01-02-2004, 03:41 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
He was set on getting Horton because he is a big, powerful center with great upside. The Habs have nothing like Horton in their system and could not meet Florida's needs. In Savard's position I would have given up a lot for him at the time of the 2003, including Ribeiro, the Habs' 2003 first round choice (#10), Hossa (before he conked out and lost his trade value), and Hainsey.
Ward = AHL MVP , guy with size and play with heart
Hossa = A young guy who play very well along the boards with a nice upside , former top 15th pick
Hainsey = A puck moving defensement with a good size , former top 15 pick improving nicely
10th overall pick = ( Jeff Carter , Brent Seabrook , Dion Phaneuf or Andrei Kastitsyn ) Carter could be as good as Horton , Seabrook and Phaneuf could turn into solid d-men and Kastisyn is a diamond in the rough that AS didn't expected to go so low .... ( heck maybe he would had drafted him with FLA pick )
Ribeiro = At the time i doubt Florida wanted him .

All this for Horton ?! We have Plekanec and Higgins coming up as solid future 2 ways centers . They are not PF like Horton but they are strong on their feet .

I rather keep a potential superstar , a future top 4 defensemen , a second line playmaking center and 2 guys who could play on the 2/3rd line .

Old
01-02-2004, 06:39 AM
biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
thank god your not the gm, because thats overpaying big time.
ribeiro. 10th pick , hossa and hanisey all to move up seven spots no thanks

Old
01-03-2004, 01:19 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Since when did they call Alexander Ovechkin a poor man's Kovalchuk? If anything Alexander is expected to be better then Kovalchuk!
I planned to watch him play vs Finland yesterday... but between the russian players I ended up being more impressed by Sergei Anshakov than him.

I got the feeling Ovechin might be more like Fedorov type two way player who will be able to play big minutes for his team.

Certainly not a powerforward sniper type like Kovalchuk. He has above average size, but pesky finns were able to handle him for most of the time (unlike many canadian forwards).

It was a great close game btw. And not only because finns won it. The game was decided about 10 seconds remaining, Valtteri Filppula taking his chances from the blueline and russian goaltender had Tommy Saloesque accident. :p

Korneev was playing a lot, didnt have his best night. I didnt know he was left shot too.

Closed Thread