HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Budweiser Goal Light Lag Test

Old
02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
You should put that light into someone's home, who doesn't know what that is.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Zeeker17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
i seen them on tv and didnt think they were real,iike /buying 1 at some point
I want one too. Any idea how to get them?

Zeeker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
The Missing Piece
What's Left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeker17 View Post
I want one too. Any idea how to get them?
You order it online through budweiser.ca.

Next shipment doesn't go out until May.

PS. The CBC feed is way later. Mine was going off 1-2 seconds too early for CBC.

The Missing Piece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
trellaine201

@strombone1: I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
@strombone1: I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O

Gold!

02-25-2013, 07:25 PM
TheOtherSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post

He didn't....Ohhh Bobby Lou, you crazy man

TheOtherSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Oliver99

Has any body purchased one of these, I received mine 2 days ago after waiting months for it. And I can't get it working. I go through the process and on step 4 when it connects to tour wifi the light on the ime (imp) card flashes green ( like its supposed to ) but then your phone or your computer( I've tried both) tells you that it is checking to see if your red light is online , then it comes up with a message that says. Time out your red light could not connect. I have tried this with both apple and android as well a a computer through the blue stacks site same thing every time. If I turn red light off and on again the card flashes red then orange( like its looking for wifi ) and green like as if its connected but it doesn't work when goals re scored. And I'm thinking its something to do with the time out thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oliver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:26 PM
noBSleafsFAN

I have one and its only 3-4 secs for me

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:28 PM
noBSleafsFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver99 View Post
Has any body purchased one of these, I received mine 2 days ago after waiting months for it. And I can't get it working. I go through the process and on step 4 when it connects to tour wifi the light on the ime (imp) card flashes green ( like its supposed to ) but then your phone or your computer( I've tried both) tells you that it is checking to see if your red light is online , then it comes up with a message that says. Time out your red light could not connect. I have tried this with both apple and android as well a a computer through the blue stacks site same thing every time. If I turn red light off and on again the card flashes red then orange( like its looking for wifi ) and green like as if its connected but it doesn't work when goals re scored. And I'm thinking its something to do with the time out thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Same thing happened to me. My problem was that I didn't get the wifi password right. If that doesn't work maybe email or call Budweiser.

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:35 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Missing Piece View Post
You order it online through budweiser.ca.

Next shipment doesn't go out until May.

PS. The CBC feed is way later. Mine was going off 1-2 seconds too early for CBC.
My girlfriend spent the night studying in the other room; as I had a buddy over and she wanted minimal distractions. She did have a tv on in the bedroom; to have the game in the background.

After the game; she noted that we were cheering seconds before the goal happened on that television.

I have Rogers; if there is that much of a discrepancy in the same house with the same service; I would not be surprised if it comes down to receiver quality. The receiver in the bedroom is older than the one in the living room. I would say cable distance as well; but I doubt that matters with a digital signal.

Just some thoughts to consider.

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Oliver99

Quote:
Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN View Post
Same thing happened to me. My problem was that I didn't get the wifi password right. If that doesn't work maybe email or call Budweiser.
I have tried it on 4 different phones and an android tablet. Cleared ,y router and reinterred everything and same results so I really don't see it being a password thing. Lol.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:52 PM
LanceBravo
Rookie User

I am currently having the same issue Oliver. Light goes green after using the app on the imp card but my app keeps saying it "times out". I called Budweiser yesterday and they said they are aware of the issue and they are trying to solve it. I did notice some odd things happening with my wifi after trying to connect the light to my network so I am going to try some new batteries in the morning.
If you figure out a way to get it working, post here so I can save my remaining season with the light! Lol

LanceBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Confucius

If you're watching the game anyway it would be just as good to set it off yourself with a remote. If you're not watching a game who cares even if it's a minute off. There is lag between everything. TV, radio, Internet stream.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Aplayaz2000

it's a good concept but just poorly executed

since there's already the horn from the TV
you just need the light

how to perfectly synced to the goal light in the arena
is the true question

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:45 PM
spor 13

There's no way that they'll ever be able to get it to no lag. Too many different service providers. Bell satellite has about a 8 second delay from the raw cbc feed to when you receive it at home. Bell fibe tv is usually worse at ~12 seconds. Rogers has a little less than satellite I believe, so it really depends what they're using to watch the games and press the "button" to activate the goal horn

spor 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Oliver99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceBravo View Post
I am currently having the same issue Oliver. Light goes green after using the app on the imp card but my app keeps saying it "times out". I called Budweiser yesterday and they said they are aware of the issue and they are trying to solve it. I did notice some odd things happening with my wifi after trying to connect the light to my network so I am going to try some new batteries in the morning.
If you figure out a way to get it working, post here so I can save my remaining season with the light! Lol
I have tried all kinds of things to no avail. Also let me know if u figure any thing out Cheers

Old
05-12-2013, 03:56 AM
Bodybr3ak

IMO the only way this is ever going to work is if MLSE gets in on this and creates a near direct route from the horn @ your house to the horn in the ACC. (same idea for the rest of the nhl) But this will never happen because this requires 30 nhl teams to have affiliation with the same beer company....unthinkable.

Bodybr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote