HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Brian Boyle

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  #451
PlamsUnlimited
Coming Home
 
PlamsUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,615
vCash: 500
I find it hard to just blame him with the whole loss. Our special teams suck and we failed to convert umpty times.

PlamsUnlimited is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
  #452
Cake or Death
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Let me start off by saying I don't like Boyle. I think he is slow and does not do enough to be on this team. With that said. He has had a pretty good playoff so far. And because guys like Nash, Richards and Cally have been so bad it has made him look even better. With that said, that penalty was as dumb as it gets. I don't care what the caps player did to him, this team has been told time and time again to stay out of the box. It just shows the guy does not think at all. Would the 1-0 lead have stood up even if he does not take that penalty, probably not but he sure did not help the cause.
All good, but maybe spend as much effort praising him for being the only one to score and burying the goal that put us up 1-0. Without him scoring, we're in shutout land again. It was a bad penalty, but it's not why we're down in the series. I'm a lot more appalled by the 0.61 GPG on the road or the 2-21 9.5% PP against one of the worst PKs in the league than one bad penalty. The team is failing on the road, big time, and you can't pin that on one guy.

 
Old
05-11-2013, 10:53 AM
  #453
Ail
Dear Friend Pape
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
All good, but maybe spend as much effort praising him for being the only one to score and burying the goal that put us up 1-0. Without him scoring, we're in shutout land again. It was a bad penalty, but it's not why we're down in the series. I'm a lot more appalled by the 0.61 GPG on the road or the 2-21 9.5% PP against one of the worst PKs in the league than one bad penalty. The team is failing on the road, big time, and you can't pin that on one guy.
Agree 100%. Boyle is getting too much **** for the dumb penalty. It was bad, but it's really hard to ever pinpoint a game or entire series on one play by one guy.

Ail is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 11:05 AM
  #454
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,492
vCash: 500
Boyle Hater here, but come on. We did not lose because he took a retaliatory penalty.

We lost because our powerplay is a piece of **** mixed with **** to create more ****.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:24 PM
  #455
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
dumb, dumb penalty. not only did boyle put himself in the box against the leagues best powerplay, but we had a 4 on 2 going the other way that he killed with that slash.

the entire series is not on boyle, but last night he killed us. i would have taken a 1-0 win
Boyle gets zero credit for the puck he put into the net.

Boyle gets absolute blame for the goal scored while he was in the box.

Sounds about right.

It was a stupid penalty, no doubt, but come on.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:29 PM
  #456
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Boyle gets zero credit for the puck he put into the net.

Boyle gets absolute blame for the goal scored while he was in the box.

Sounds about right.

It was a stupid penalty, no doubt, but come on.
It's clear as night and day now. Rangers fans have an irrational hatred for Boyle. Even when he is the team's best forward, he gets ****ted on constantly.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:32 PM
  #457
Idlerlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
This wouldn't have been half as annoying if the penalty had been in active play, not simply a revenge for getting a glove in his face.

Someone wrote in the GDT "Boyle giveth, Boyle taketh away", which still means that we still had more than enough time to convert another chance into a goal.

Unprofessional penalty that cancels his own contribution unfortunately

Idlerlee is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
  #458
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
This wouldn't have been half as annoying if the penalty had been in active play, not simply a revenge for getting a glove in his face.

Someone wrote in the GDT "Boyle giveth, Boyle taketh away", which still means that we still had more than enough time to convert another chance into a goal.

Unprofessional penalty that cancels his own contribution unfortunately
This is so unfair to Boyle.

The team should've killed off the penalty.

Why aren't we bumping the Dorsett or Callahan threads? They've both taken stupid, uncharacteristic bad penalties. The only difference here is that people will remember the Boyle penalty because we got scored on by our terrible PK positioning wise.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:36 PM
  #459
JohnC
Registered User
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,455
vCash: 500
Top 3 best forward of the series so far

Like I said in the PGT, his penalty lost us the game? Let's talk about our 4 shots on goal in the third period and our 0-4 PP

JohnC is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:40 PM
  #460
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,251
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I don't blame him for the loss, but he is a bottom six player who Tortorella has to use more than he should because the Rangers aren't getting enough from another player at the same position Richards, who they pay to be a top player.

NYR94 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:03 PM
  #461
*Bob Richards*
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
The retaliation penalty has been called a trillion times in the NHL. It's not as if he gave up playing, skated over to Washington's bench and slashed Ovechkin with a baseball whack in OT. He took a dumb slashing call in the middle of the second period that led to the game being tied at ****ing one on a goal HE scored.

Jesus Christ, the hatred for this man is asinine and baseless.

 
Old
05-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  #462
Hunter Gathers
Love the Bomb
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 103,858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Richards had a bad night last night. But my God was Callahan bad. I am surprised no one is mentioning him. Dude was just brutal once again.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
My MS Excel crashed so I couldn't watch the game. - ReggieDunlop68
Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
  #463
Bozle
Shattendeuces
 
Bozle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 65,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Richards had a bad night last night. But my God was Callahan bad. I am surprised no one is mentioning him. Dude was just brutal once again.
A lot of people were mentioning it in the PGT. I did.

__________________
Bozle is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:10 PM
  #464
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Richards had a bad night last night. But my God was Callahan bad. I am surprised no one is mentioning him. Dude was just brutal once again.
i thought he was the worst!!!

dude usually works well with his teammates.. it was almost as if he didnt want to use them and just kept the puck.. he was a puck hug.. wasn't effective at all and never thought out there just acted..terrible..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:06 PM
  #465
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,226
vCash: 500
Don't get me started on Richards. I have been against his signing from day one. He is a waste, especially for what he is getting paid. I agree that Boyle has been good in the series and if we lose itis definitely not on him. It is on guys like Richards, Nash, and Cally.

bubba5 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
  #466
NYRCSKA*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Really guys? We are going to blame a grinder who scored our only goal for a loss? How about Richards or Nash? Our 2 highest paid players have been absolutely abysmal this series. Richards has been awful for the entire year. We cannot win when the guys who were supposed to be our number 1 and 2 scorers decide not to show up night in and night out. At least Boyle is showing some heart out there, something we can't say for our 2 superstars.

NYRCSKA* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:50 PM
  #467
chip chipperson*
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Boyle gets zero credit for the puck he put into the net.

Boyle gets absolute blame for the goal scored while he was in the box.

Sounds about right.

It was a stupid penalty, no doubt, but come on.
no, you come on.

it seems that if you score a goal you should not be held responsible for a game changing selfish, dumb play. No one is taking credit away from him scoring the goal, which we should be thanking brassard for, honestly.

boyle does get 100% blame for the goal against, you know why? because he is the one that put the leagues best power play on the ice. yes it is his fault. the series is not on boyle, but what he did is inexcusable.

now he has to go out and play a tremendous game 6. i will be rooting for him.

 
Old
05-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  #468
chip chipperson*
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It's clear as night and day now. Rangers fans have an irrational hatred for Boyle. Even when he is the team's best forward, he gets ****ted on constantly.
i have an irrational hatred for selfish dumb penatlies when our team is going up ice with numbers.

i also have an irrational hatred when a selfish, dumb penalty is called and the leagues best power play comes on the ice with a 1 goal lead.

yes, he scored our only goal and he has been good this whole series. But that one goal in game 5 is not blanket coverage to take dumb penalties.

i hope he makes up for it in game 6.

 
Old
05-12-2013, 08:18 AM
  #469
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Boyle gets zero credit for the puck he put into the net.

Boyle gets absolute blame for the goal scored while he was in the box.

Sounds about right.

It was a stupid penalty, no doubt, but come on.
So, scoring a goal gives him carte blance to do something stupid that hurts the team? Gotchya'.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 08:24 AM
  #470
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Top 3 best forward of the series so far

Like I said in the PGT, his penalty lost us the game? Let's talk about our 4 shots on goal in the third period and our 0-4 PP
He doesn't take that penalty, the Caps never would have scored. That penalty totally changed the momentum and complexion of the game. If people can't understand that, then I dont know what to tell you. You had a tight game and goalies who were on. Have to bite the bullet and not retaliate. Yes, it is frustrating that it wasn't called, but refs are going to miss calls. Ref also might have seen it and didn't think it was as bad as it looked. Can't take matters into your own hands. If it was 5-0 in the 3rd period? No problem. Regular season game in November? No problem. Game 5 of the play-offs? Problem.

I also love how so many people on this site (not just jcman) are ALWAYS trying to deflect blame from people. The 0-for-4 on the PP wouldn't have been an issue if he doesn't take the slash as they win the game 1-0.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 08:26 AM
  #471
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
This wouldn't have been half as annoying if the penalty had been in active play, not simply a revenge for getting a glove in his face.

Someone wrote in the GDT "Boyle giveth, Boyle taketh away", which still means that we still had more than enough time to convert another chance into a goal.

Unprofessional penalty that cancels his own contribution unfortunately
Exactly. Penalties are part of the game, and I don't get crazy when a guy takes a penalty. If he tried to break-up a play by lifting a caps stick, missed and got called for a high stick, or tried to stick check and got nailed for a slash, no problem. Like I said, it is part of the game. Obviously, this is not what happened here.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 08:47 AM
  #472
NHRangerfan
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
He doesn't take that penalty, the Caps never would have scored. That penalty totally changed the momentum and complexion of the game. If people can't understand that, then I dont know what to tell you. You had a tight game and goalies who were on. Have to bite the bullet and not retaliate. Yes, it is frustrating that it wasn't called, but refs are going to miss calls. Ref also might have seen it and didn't think it was as bad as it looked. Can't take matters into your own hands. If it was 5-0 in the 3rd period? No problem. Regular season game in November? No problem. Game 5 of the play-offs? Problem.

I also love how so many people on this site (not just jcman) are ALWAYS trying to deflect blame from people. The 0-for-4 on the PP wouldn't have been an issue if he doesn't take the slash as they win the game 1-0.


You must make a killing in the stock market being able to predict the future, can you tell me the score of today's game because I would like to place a bet and make some money.

As was already documented the Caps surge started at the end of the 1st and NOT after the Boyle penalty, but why let facts get in the way of piling on Boyle?

NHRangerfan is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 12:02 PM
  #473
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
i have an irrational hatred for selfish dumb penatlies when our team is going up ice with numbers.

i also have an irrational hatred when a selfish, dumb penalty is called and the leagues best power play comes on the ice with a 1 goal lead.

yes, he scored our only goal and he has been good this whole series. But that one goal in game 5 is not blanket coverage to take dumb penalties.

i hope he makes up for it in game 6.
callahan and dorsett took worse penalties, but we didnt get scored on, so it's fine.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  #474
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Agree 100%. Boyle is getting too much **** for the dumb penalty. It was bad, but it's really hard to ever pinpoint a game or entire series on one play by one guy.
IDK. The Redden screen on the series winning Federov shot was pretty blame worthy as I recall (maybe wrong), the rest of the series was pretty evenly matched by both teams.

Not looking for an argument, just saying...

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 12:15 PM
  #475
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,004
vCash: 500
I see a lot of people saying Boyle played too much last game. He only played 21:44. Why is that too much??? Crosby played 20:44 yesterday in their OT win and I do not hear Pens fans complaining that was too much.

NickyFotiu is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.