HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
What a series between St. Louis and LA. I wish it would have gone 7.
I think it was better early on, when they played more aggressive. This game it almost seemed like the teams had learned to eliminate each other too well.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Balls on the table!

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think it was better early on, when they played more aggressive. This game it almost seemed like the teams had learned to eliminate each other too well.

I wonder how LA matches up to Chicago? I figure they will meet one of these days.

edit: They (Roenick and Jones) are right, Quick is phenomenal.

Last edited by 18007: 05-10-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old
05-10-2013, 11:58 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
I for one am glad that St Louis is gone, I don't like seeing our former players whom have bad mouthed the organization succeed. In fairness I don't dislike Shattenkirk but I never liked Stewart.

Now I just need Quincey and Anderson to lose and my playoffs will be a good one. I guess I could live with Gali winning the Cup, as he never really bad mouthed the team and seems to be well liked by the players on our team currently.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I for one am glad that St Louis is gone, I don't like seeing our former players whom have bad mouthed the organization succeed. In fairness I don't dislike Shattenkirk but I never liked Stewart.

Now I just need Quincey and Anderson to lose and my playoffs will be a good one. I guess I could live with Gali winning the Cup, as he never really bad mouthed the team and seems to be well liked by the players on our team currently.
Come on now...you didn't want to see more of Stewart? It's not like he's played at all this whole series with his MIA approach. He did have a nice rub on Penner right before he scored from the blueline tonight. If he had been physical at all, he may have caused Penner to lose the puck rather than watch him skate in and score the game winner.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Sounds like Stewart has worn out his welcome in St. Louis. Some of those fans are not happy with him.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:44 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Sounds like Stewart has worn out his welcome in St. Louis. Some of those fans are not happy with him.
I feel the same way you guys do about those players, but I feel like it was a little wasted for those two to meet in the first round. IMO

STL is better than a 1 round playoff team.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Mant*

I love how these playoffs are turning out...

Vancouver swept.
The Wild with their huge salaries, gone.
Kings come back and knock out the Blues...

That's three of the four teams I wanted destroyed, and it all happened in the first round... just awesome.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
I love how these playoffs are turning out...

Vancouver swept.
The Wild with their huge salaries, gone.
Kings come back and knock out the Blues...

That's three of the four teams I wanted destroyed, and it all happened in the first round... just awesome.
Same for me. Now Boston, Capitals, Anaheim and penguins will win their series and its pretty much perfect.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
avsfan89

I'm really going for the Washington Capitals out of the East this year. I just want this 'ovie has no cup and crosby' does as an excuse as to why Sid is better than Ovie.

Old
05-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Foppa Frossa

But I don't want Holtby to do well

Old
05-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Avs71

Quote:
This thread is golden. And fast forward a couple of months, and read literally any thread on the Blues forum and everyone is just hating on Stewart.

On the topic of playoffs, Doughty is such a stud.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
This thread is golden. And fast forward a couple of months, and read literally any thread on the Blues forum and everyone is just hating on Stewart.

On the topic of playoffs, Doughty is such a stud.
If the Blues dont want Stewart anymore , i would gladly welcome him back with the Avs . Now that we're gonna have a real coach and pretty sure that Stewie would put up good numbers with us . One thing is sure , his buddy Stastny would welcome him back with open arms.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
If the Blues dont want Stewart anymore , i would gladly welcome him back with the Avs . Now that we're gonna have a real coach and pretty sure that Stewie would put up good numbers with us . One thing is sure , his buddy Stastny would welcome him back with open arms.
Depends on the cap hit. I'm sure he's looking to cash in.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
As would I. He's inconsistent and likes to disappear from time to time but he's still one of my favourite players.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
He put up great numbers with Sacco and Hitch is a great coach. NO thanks on Stewie million dollar talent 10 cent effort. Can't win with players like that.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huis Clos View Post
Depends on the cap hit. I'm sure he's looking to cash in.
Yeah , sure that we always have to look at the cap hit , but i would take my chance on him , once again. If we play our cards right , it could be a low risk huge reward king of move .

Quote:
As would I. He's inconsistent and likes to disappear from time to time but he's still one of my favourite players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
He put up great numbers with Sacco and Hitch is a great coach. NO thanks on Stewie million dollar talent 10 cent effort. Can't win with players like that.
True that he disappeared with the Avs at time , but the guy was able to put the puck in the net ( when he wanted to play of course ). We are suppose to have enough character players on this team, enough to live with a guy that will give less effort on the ice at time , but will put up good Stats .

Yeah , at first he had good numbers with Sacco , but something went wrong along the way and it went downhill . The way i see it , I think Swewart didnt want to leave Denver and maybe he would be happy to comeback . Who knows , maybe he has learn his lesson and would give us a better effort on the ice . Plus Stastny and him are buddy and had chemistry togetter, add Stewart and maybe it will click again with Stastny ... two birds with one stone.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:21 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Yeah , sure that we always have to look at the cap hit , but i would take my chance on him , once again. If we play our cards right , it could be a low risk huge reward king of move .

True that he disappeared with the Avs at time , but the guy was able to put the puck in the net ( when he wanted to play of course ). We are suppose to have enough character players on this team, enough to live with a guy that will give less effort on the ice at time , but will put up good Stats .

Yeah , at first he had good numbers with Sacco , but something went wrong along the way and it went downhill . The way i see it , I think Swewart didnt want to leave Denver and maybe he would be happy to comeback . Who knows , maybe he has learn his lesson and would give us a better effort on the ice . Plus Stastny and him are buddy and had chemistry togetter, add Stewart and maybe it will click again with Stastny ... two birds with one stone.
Just sign Horton, hes a better version of Stewart, with a better work ethic. Yeah there is a injury history there, but hes played physical and fought most of this season and been fine.

Stastny - Horton better than Stastany - Stewart IMO, and wouldn't cost anything more than cap space. Horton also has Stanley cup experience.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Malkin looked terrible on that shift, first he makes Bailey look like Datsyuk then he left Tavares wide open for the first goal. Nice pass from Bailey tho.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:48 PM
avsfan89

wow what a goal by the isles, i have NO idea why Martin didn't touch that puck

Old
05-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
wow what a goal by the isles, i have NO idea why Martin didn't touch that puck
Pretty sure he did, there was just no icing. Whst im wondering is how did he get over powered by Grabner? What was Orpik doing going behind the net chasing Martin? He left the middle wide open. Also crosby and Dupis were no where to be found.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Pens outshot 21-7 after almost half the game.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Islanders looking good again.

Rough night for Malkin.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:20 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Tim Thomas would've stopped that.

Nabokov is a good regular season goaler, but always disappears in the playoffs every freakin year.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Tim Thomas would've stopped that.

Nabokov is a good regular season goaler, but always disappears in the playoffs every freakin year.
He was playing against one of the best offensive teams in the league. No shame for the Isles they put up a great fight. TT is taking a year off so, that doesn't help.

Pens have been exposed, they're not going anywhere playing like that. I bet a buddy of mine that the Sens would win any suggestions on what to bet? Anything fun.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:30 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
He was playing against one of the best offensive teams in the league. No shame for the Isles they put up a great fight. TT is taking a year off so, that doesn't help.

Pens have been exposed, they're not going anywhere playing like that. I bet a buddy of mine that the Sens would win any suggestions on what to bet? Anything fun.
I cannot stand the Penguins, they are like the Eastern version of the Oilers. I am going for the Sens or any other team that will face them.

Closed Thread