HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question. A simple yes or no answer

View Poll Results: Does he?
Yes 132 54.77%
No 109 45.23%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Sumhabs

vCash: 500
Yes, I think Latendresse can really help us this year with his style of play. Go Latendresse Go!

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
bump, anyone wish they could change there answer to yes after tonight?
Nope.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:01 PM
GoHabsGO252006

I say Yes...BUT he gets 10 games to prove himself in the regular season and any sign of struggle sends him back to the minors.

I honestly don't know what they should do with him. He looks real good and seems to be the shooter who is big and strong that this team is missing. He seems to compliment all of our playmaking centers and also compliments the samsonov's and kovalev's styles. I think 3 scoring lines and 1 shut down line is an option most people are ignoring saying X or Y cannot be third line players. Spreading out the scoring and ice time can only be a good thing.

With Bouillon and Cote injured, is it an option to have an extra forward to start and only 6 dmen until we determine if Lats is staying and how Perezhogin is looking?

Higgins Koivu Kovalev
Latendresse Ribeiro Ryder
Samsonov Plekanek Johnson
Begin Bonk Perezhogin / Murray / Downey

Or my favourite if Zhogs is playing well is to have a shut down fourth line of

Begin Bonk Johnson. Best 4th line in the NHL by a mile and quality shut down line. I know Johnson isn't a 4th liner, but this would be a shut down line, allowing the other 3 to play O style.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

With all the hype built aroud Latendresse, has anyone even noticed that Kostitsyn is having himself a pretty good camp? Here's what I think will happen, and then we'll have to suffer the aftermat like last year...

The battle for the last spot at the forward position is being played between 4 players: Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Grabovski and Ferland. Latendresse will be in Drummondville this season to work on other aspects of his games in including (but not limited to) defensive coverage, and to become a leader both on his team and to prove to everyone (mostly himself) that he can play a key role for Team Canada Junior with Carey Price during the WJC. And just like Price, the Canadiens are keeping Latendresse as long as possible in Montreal so that he can get NHL coaching for as long as possible.

This way, the Canadiens don't have to put Latendresse through waivers like they would for some of the other players I've mentioned above, and lose them the way we've lost Hainsey. It's a business and Gainey and Carbo will make a decision as such, IMO. For those who want to research the waivers rules, click here to find out more.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
With all the hype built aroud Latendresse, has anyone even noticed that Kostitsyn is having himself a pretty good camp? Here's what I think will happen, and then we'll have to suffer the aftermat like last year...

The battle for the last spot at the forward position is being played between 4 players: Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Grabovski and Ferland. Latendresse will be in Drummondville this season to work on other aspects of his games in including (but not limited to) defensive coverage, and to become a leader both on his team and to prove to everyone (mostly himself) that he can play a key role for Team Canada Junior with Carey Price during the WJC. And just like Price, the Canadiens are keeping Latendresse as long as possible in Montreal so that he can get NHL coaching for as long as possible.

This way, the Canadiens don't have to put Latendresse through waivers like they would for some of the other players I've mentioned above, and lose them the way we've lost Hainsey. It's a business and Gainey and Carbo will make a decision as such, IMO. For those who want to research the waivers rules, click here to find out more.

I do not think we should exclude the possibility of a trade. Perezhogin might have some trade value and they might have to make room for Dannis, not sure on that one but I think Dannis also has to clear waiver.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I would be VERY suprised if he did not.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
I do not think we should exclude the possibility of a trade. Perezhogin might have some trade value and they might have to make room for Dannis, not sure on that one but I think Dannis also has to clear waiver.
It's tough to predict Montreal trades. Your team is notoriously stingy with that type of news.

That "Many Faces of Gainey" avatar that someone has here is both hilarious and accurate, and doesn't nearly give me seizures like the n00b king's.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 02:21 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Voted no, but would like to see him for a few games on 4th with Bégin and Bonk.. not on the first three lines though.
Same thing, although I voted 'Yes'.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Shabutie

If Lats doesn't get the 10 games, imo it doesn't send the right message to Perezhogin...It's basicaly telling him that what he's doing is sufficient, and I for one definitely don't want that.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post

Danis is safe for this season only. Perezhogin doesn't have to be traded if Latendresse makes it. There's room for one additional forward if Downey stays and two if Downey is put on waivers. Why keep Perezhogin? There's no assurance that all of the wings (including Latendresse) will play well for the entire season. Who could have predicted a year ago that Zednik would turn sour or that Bulis would depart?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If Lats doesn't get the 10 games, imo it doesn't send the right message to Perezhogin...It's basicaly telling him that what he's doing is sufficient, and I for one definitely don't want that.

I Agree, and voted yes for that reason.

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
big_habs_fan

I'll say yes - I think he can develop his game more with the Habs than in junior and he brings a dimension to the team that is not redundant. Also, he really really wants to be there. The desire and passion to play in the bigs has to be worth something too.

big_habs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:17 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
The "message" here is to be patient with rookies and it doesn't change from person to person. Perez will get his chance as will Lats.
Perez has already "done it". He was able to secure a roster spot on an NHL team (coached by Bob Gainey , no less) something Latendresse has never done. Lats has never met a full NHL roster in his life.

Maybe you should wait until he plays in a "real" game this week. Nothing against Jeff Glass but really that last period was a joke as was that whole exhibition-type game that players didn't even want to attend.

Of course if you think we should drop our prospects after one bad game that would mean Lats is already back in junior after his lazy effort in Toronto last Friday. Danny Dubé said he wasn't good, Carbo said Locke was our best player, you do remember that game? I saw it on Center Ice, did you? I bet you didn't, I bet you listened to CKAC when they credited a good play by Kost to Guillaume (someone else noticed it and mentionned it in this thread) Am I wrong? You know way back wack when the pre-season games didn't matter because we we're losing.

But it's up to you how you want to look at things. I think patience is important for all the prospects(not just the one I like) in order to properly develop a prospect ,we don't want another failed Ribeiroesque experiment.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Of course if you think we should drop our prospects after one bad game that would mean Lats is already back in junior after his lazy effort in Toronto last Friday. Danny Dubé said he wasn't good, Carbo said Locke was our best player, you do remember that game? I saw it on Center Ice, did you? I bet you didn't, I bet you listened to CKAC when they credited a good play by Kost to Guillaume (someone else noticed it and mentionned it in this thread) Am I wrong? You know way back wack when the pre-season games didn't matter because we we're losing.

But it's up to you how you want to look at things. I think patience is important for all the prospects(not just the one I like) in order to properly develop a prospect ,we don't want another failed Ribeiroesque experiment.
Actually I saw the game at Don Cherry's. Kost didn't look much better than Lats to tell you the truth. Also, I didn't say I thought Lats deserved a permenant spot but for him not to get the trial, is a kick in the nads. If 20 pts in a rookie season is enough to keep you a spot on the team then times really have changed.

Old
09-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
bump, anyone wish they could change there answer to yes after tonight?
My answer would still be no

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:35 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Actually I saw the game at Don Cherry's. Kost didn't look much better than Lats to tell you the truth. Also, I didn't say I thought Lats deserved a permenant spot but for him not to get the trial, is a kick in the nads. If 20 pts in a rookie season is enough to keep you a spot on the team then times really have changed.
My apologies then. If Lats has 20 points in his rookie season (for whatever reason, injuries or others) I hope as hell he will get a 2nd chance. I would also say the same for all our rookies. Could you?

Oh and btw, look up a few stats of your favorite player and tell us how is rookie season went? I mean , Ribs is at his 5th or 6th chance now, it's not unreassonable to expect Perez ( or anyone) to get at least a second chance.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water is what I'm saying.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
My apologies then. If Lats has 20 points in his rookie season (for whatever reason, injuries or others) I hope as hell he will get a 2nd chance. I would also say the same for all our rookies. Could you?

Oh and btw, look up a few stats of your favorite player and tell us how is rookie season went? I mean , Ribs is at his 5th or 6th chance now, it's not unreassonable to expect Perez ( or anyone) to get at least a second chance.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water is what I'm saying.
Ribs isn't my favorite player And it has been discussed in the past, Ribs was playing on a line with Hossa, Audette, Mckay (never had solid linemates for his seasons), while Perez played with good linemates (160 mins with Ribs - Kovalev, 130 mins with Koivu - Kovalev, 51 minutes with Plekanec - Zednik, 43 minutes with Pleks - Murray). Anyway, let's just look at where both players are now... I'm not saying Perezhogin can't become a great player, just that last season alone shouldn't be a reason for him to have a spot in the lineup...As I say this Latendresse just laid out Dimaio and he isn't getting up.

Old
09-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Souray44

I'd like to see him on the team. He's very strong and great at protecting the puck. Heck he's worth having on the team just for the fact that he makes Bonk into a useful player. I don't mean to be bashing Bonk but a 2.4 million player should be doing more than he does.

I voted no though.

It's tough to fit anyone in this year and he doesn't even have a contract yet.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote