HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GST: Habs vs Sens

Old
09-26-2006, 06:35 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

vCash: 500
GST: Habs vs Sens

I think we need a Game Summary Thread. I want to read how each Hab player did last night without reading the GDT - 24 pages!!!!

I know who the goalscorers were. Who played? Who excelled? Who bombed, etc?

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
From what I was hearing on the radio, Latendresse played VERY well. Kostitsyn seemed to be all over the place... Ribeiro seemed pretty good.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:24 AM
David_99

Sportsnet seems to be the only place showing replays. From what I saw, Chips is a very smart player and knows where to be. His plays with Ryder and Higgins were great. We benefited from a weak goalie in the third though. The game would have ended much closer if Gerber had stayed in the net. Oh well, gives the guys some confidence!

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:36 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

RDS/TSN showed highlights as well

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 07:40 AM
David_99

I just saw RDS but haven't seen any on TSN. Maybe I'm still drunk. Wouldn't surprise me.

Old
09-26-2006, 07:41 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I just saw RDS but haven't seen any on TSN. Maybe I'm still drunk. Wouldn't surprise me.
right after highlights from the bluejays

Old
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
right after highlights from the bluejays
Hockey highlights should never follow baseball. Preseason or not. It just feels wrong.

Old
09-26-2006, 07:49 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Hockey highlights should never follow baseball. Preseason or not. It just feels wrong.

so true

Old
09-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

So Lats and Kost are the two stand out for the prospects?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
So Lats and Kost are the two stand out for the prospects?
yep, i saw the game a cage and those 2 really clicked together, talent vs force type thing, and Mike Ribeiro was doing great too. The reason why that line was working is that Ribeiro finally had players to catch up with, it's so stupid for soemone like him to play Samsonov and Kovalev, there 2 puckholders that are simply too fast for him, Mike can't do anything cause he ain't the type of player that'l finish any one-timers, or top corner wrist shots, and the game they played againts Boston they were horrible defensively, always out of place and never backchecking on time. Chipchura and Higgins played great games too. Chip really reminds of Rob brindamour, Keith Primeau type center, he's big , strong and very smart with the puck

Solution: Keep the Latendresse-Ribeiro- Kostitsyn line intact and put Pleckanek to center the Sammy-Kovy line, he's faster, stronger and alot more reliable defensively then Mikey

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Pleckanek-Kovalev
Latendresse-Ribeiro-Kostitsyn
Johnson-Bonk/Chipchura- Bégin
Lappiere, Chipchura/Bonk

AHL: Perezhogin, Ferland

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

Box score:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=8345

It says Grabovski had a penalty. I guess he is back from his injury?

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
yep, i saw the game a cage and those 2 really clicked together, talent vs force type thing, and Mike Ribeiro was doing great too. The reason why that line was working is that Ribeiro finally had players to catch up with, it's so stupid for soemone like him to play Samsonov and Kovalev, there 2 puckholders that are simply too fast for him, Mike can't do anything cause he ain't the type of player that'l finish any one-timers, or top corner wrist shots, and the game they played againts Boston they were horrible defensively, always out of place and never backchecking on time. Chipchura and Higgins played great games too. Chip really reminds of Rob brindamour, Keith Primeau type center, he's big , strong and very smart with the puck

Solution: Keep the Latendresse-Ribeiro- Kostitsyn line intact and put Pleckanek to center the Sammy-Kovy line, he's faster, stronger and alot more reliable defensively then Mikey

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Pleckanek-Kovalev
Lappiere, Chipchura/Bonk

Perezhogin has a one-way contract and will surely be picked up if put on waivers. Chipchura will hone his skills a little bit more at the AHL level and could be in Habs lie up sooner than later. Same with Kost. Carbonneau & Gainey will need a bit of time to evaluate the real potential of their team. So, for now, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Murray are staying. Downey should be flushed. Ferland should also stay. If they try to send him back to Hamilton, he will be picked by another team (Columbus again ???). lapierre can be sent down without going thru waivers. He is another one who will be back soon. Too bad Gainey hired Samsonov and re-signed Downey !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Pleckanek-Kovalev
Lappiere, Chipchura/Bonk

Ribs is a better finisher than Pleks, and that's not saying much Imo, Carbs will try Lats - Ribs - Kovalev next game, and Sammy won't be on the same duo as Kovalev for a long time.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Ribs is a better finisher than Pleks, and that's not saying much Imo, Carbs will try Lats - Ribs - Kovalev next game, and Sammy won't be on the same duo as Kovalev for a long time.
That's bull. Plekanec has a way better shot and better finish than Ribeiro. He just didn't get the PP opportunities, or ice time that Ribs had.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
That's bull. Plekanec has a way better shot and better finish than Ribeiro. He just didn't get the PP opportunities, or ice time that Ribs had.
Better shot yes, but better finisher no. Say what you will about Ribs, but he's an intelligent player and pots a fair share of garbage goals that Pleks doesn't.

Old
09-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Ribs is a better finisher than Pleks, and that's not saying much
Ok, seriously...that is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Have you never seen Plekanec play or is there something you can acutally back this up with?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Better shot yes, but better finisher no. Say what you will about Ribs, but he's an intelligent player and pots a fair share of garbage goals that Pleks doesn't.
If anything he's better at deking the goalie.

Old
09-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Ok, seriously...that is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Have you never seen Plekanec play or is there something you can acutally back this up with?
Hmm I wonder why Ribs is placed in front of the net on the PP and not Plekanec?

Old
09-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Hmm I wonder why Ribs is placed in front of the net on the PP and not Plekanec?
Because Ribs plays the 2nd PP and he's a center?

Old
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Because Ribs plays the 2nd PP and he's a center?
Centers aren't the only players that screen the net, for instance ottawa used Chara. You can either flank a big guy there, or you use someone who can pot garbage goals (Ryder on PP one). Kovalev isn't big on this, so they used Ribs. This season they could use either Lats or Kostitsyn imo.

Old
09-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Aarex

Quote:
I disagree, Plekanec has a way better shot and hasn't been given a chance to play in a offensive role as of yet.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
I disagree, Plekanec has a way better shot and hasn't been given a chance to play in a offensive role as of yet.
As I said, he's got a better shot, I wouldn't say WAY better, cuz he's no Ryder or Kovalev himself. Pleks was given a more offensive role toward the end of last season, and he didn't disapoint. But I don't think he's ever gonna be a 60+ pointman.

Old
09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
You'll see in time that you're stubbornly holding on to a misconception. Plekanec was a leading goal scorer in Hamilton. He didn't make the Habs as a plugger.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post

Exactly.

Plekanec is a better player then Ribeiro IMO and if given the chance he would produce even more then Ribs.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
As I said, he's got a better shot, I wouldn't say WAY better, cuz he's no Ryder or Kovalev himself. Pleks was given a more offensive role toward the end of last season, and he didn't disapoint. But I don't think he's ever gonna be a 60+ pointman.
You talk as though that's Ribeiro's norm. He did it once (in no small part because Dagenais had an unrepeatable career year) but was unable to match it in 2005-06 even though the NHL imposed tighter rules on restraint and permitted longer passes through the neutral zone. He'll be 27 this season. How many seasons do you expect him to last with the Habs?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote