HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Part Agoogleplex

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
  #376
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Who cares about who was in net. The Canucks did not belong on the same ice as the Sharks and it was proven on every shift. It was a definitive rout.

If Canucks retain twenty percent of Luongo's salary that is one million against the cap per season. That is going to be more acceptable than the thirty million dollar buyout which doesn't even evade league penalties!

Luongo for 4.1 million is a damn good deal. A low budget team like Pheonix or NYI will gobble that up!
I have no idea what game you were watching, because that is just blatantly not true. We were the much better team through regulation.

And no chance we retain salary.

vanuck is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 04:49 PM
  #377
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Yep, got it.

But you might not have to wait that long.
In fact, I would venture that you would only have to wait until this October. But that's just me.

vanuck is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
  #378
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
In fact, I would venture that you would only have to wait until this October. But that's just me.
Always look on the bright side of life!

ddawg1950 is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:31 PM
  #379
Derp Kassian
Registered User
 
Derp Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
In case some people had hope of keeping Luongo.. "Strombone ‏@strombone1 10m
So............ Shall we try this one more time??? #offseason

Derp Kassian is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 10:18 PM
  #380
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
So when can the flyers buy out Bryzgalov?

Stories Tales Lies is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 10:29 PM
  #381
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 18,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
So when can the flyers buy out Bryzgalov?
(2 days?) after the end of the playoffs and June 30. I'm not sure that they will though, if they don't believe they are a genuine playoff team they may choose to delay the buyout until next year to see if he bounces back. (there are amnesty two buyout periods June 2013 and June 2014)

me2 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 02:42 AM
  #382
croatNUCKS
Registered User
 
croatNUCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zagabria
Country: Croatia
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Canada's damn place for goalie. if you are not 100% in a head you will burst like popcorn ...

For Luongo is better a small market, where there is no pressure and would not be surprised if this team will have a solid roster do a good job in PO (maybe like Roy with Colorado)

Soon I expect the same situation with Schneider when will the home fans will be happy when he is guilty for goal and look for his trade ...


Last edited by croatNUCKS: 05-10-2013 at 02:47 AM.
croatNUCKS is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 03:39 AM
  #383
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,760
vCash: 500
Luongo left the door open to staying.

Gillis didn't.

I'd fire Gillis if he doesn't at least explore keeping Luongo instead of Schneider. He can't close up options when we are looking at major changes in the near future to cut salary + add young players...same thing with asking NMCs and NTCs if they'd waive...I'd ask everybody except the Sedins if they would be willing to waive just to know what my options are (for me, the Sedins have earned the right to retire Canucks and should never be traded).

DJOpus is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 03:58 AM
  #384
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Luongo left the door open to staying.

Gillis didn't.

I'd fire Gillis if he doesn't at least explore keeping Luongo instead of Schneider. He can't close up options when we are looking at major changes in the near future to cut salary + add young players...same thing with asking NMCs and NTCs if they'd waive...I'd ask everybody except the Sedins if they would be willing to waive just to know what my options are (for me, the Sedins have earned the right to retire Canucks and should never be traded).

I guess somewhat, but not really either, lou is just to professional to say I dont want to play here anymore, im moving on, otherwise it would take a lot of fence mending as kevin woodley put it today. Along with him calling it schneiders team again. This was excerpts from the botchford article.


And people think he still wants to come back?

Could he see that?


“Not really,” Luongo said. “I want to play. That’s the bottom line. The way I came into camp, the way I felt, I was really excited about it. For once I had a good start to the season.

“I was happy. But with all the stuff going around, I lost a little momentum in the middle.

“At the end of the day, I feel I have many good years left in me. I can contribute somewhere.”

It just won’t be here. We think.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...#ixzz2SsVf6IeV

If he answered the first question with a maybe, I might have said different, but I think its been clear he wants to move on for awhile after this debacle.

Orca Smash is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 06:35 PM
  #385
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Curious if NYI will be calling about Luongo this summer? If they do, would Luongo ever go there?

I want Brock Nelson. He's the ideal 3C on the Canucks team IMO. Big, can be used a checking centre who can contribute offensively. He's 6'4 too. He's NHL ready after spending a full yr in the AHL.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 06:41 PM
  #386
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Curious if NYI will be calling about Luongo this summer? If they do, would Luongo ever go there?
I've wondered the same thing. Nabokov has been adequate in getting them to the post-season, but Luongo is a definite upgrade over him now and going forward. The Islanders also don't have a lot in their pipeline in net. Kevin Poulin is probably their closest to having an NHL impact and he's been average at best. Age-wise he doesn't fit in with the rest of their core, but the Isles are showing they are ready to compete now, and goaltender that can keep them in games on a consistent basis is something they need, I don't think Nabokov can provide that going forward.

But with the Isles likely having to buyout DiPietro this off-season, I somehow doubt another goalie on a long term deal is something that would interest them, although you never know.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  #387
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,591
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Curious if NYI will be calling about Luongo this summer? If they do, would Luongo ever go there?

I want Brock Nelson. He's the ideal 3C on the Canucks team IMO. Big, can be used a checking centre who can contribute offensively. He's 6'4 too. He's NHL ready after spending a full yr in the AHL.
Nino Niederreiter would be my target.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:05 PM
  #388
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Nino Niederreiter would be my target.
Agreed. Love to get him in a Canuck jersey. Nelson would be nice too though.

Canucker is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:13 PM
  #389
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 250
Yeah, Islanders could be a good fit. They certainly have the assets to pull it off.

vanuck is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
  #390
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I've wondered the same thing. Nabokov has been adequate in getting them to the post-season, but Luongo is a definite upgrade over him now and going forward. The Islanders also don't have a lot in their pipeline in net. Kevin Poulin is probably their closest to having an NHL impact and he's been average at best. Age-wise he doesn't fit in with the rest of their core, but the Isles are showing they are ready to compete now, and goaltender that can keep them in games on a consistent basis is something they need, I don't think Nabokov can provide that going forward.

But with the Isles likely having to buyout DiPietro this off-season, I somehow doubt another goalie on a long term deal is something that would interest them, although you never know.
Oh yes, I keep forgetting about Dipietro (easy to do, lol). Ya, that's prob gonna cost them $23M ish to buy him out? Would be tough for a team with no $$ to take on Lu's contract.

I think Gillis is gonna have to take back a buyout contract in a goalie trade - 'if' he wants to expand the marketplace. A team like the Nucks with $$ have an opportunity here to perhaps 'buy' a highend player or two in this goalie trade. Curious if they'd 'think' about taking Dipeitro, buy him out then raid NYI prospects cupboard?

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:30 PM
  #391
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Oh yes, I keep forgetting about Dipietro (easy to do, lol). Ya, that's prob gonna cost them $23M ish to buy him out? Would be tough for a team with no $$ to take on Lu's contract.

I think Gillis is gonna have to take back a buyout contract in a goalie trade - 'if' he wants to expand the marketplace. A team like the Nucks with $$ have an opportunity here to perhaps 'buy' a highend player or two in this goalie trade. Curious if they'd 'think' about taking Dipeitro, buy him out then raid NYI prospects cupboard?
Because I'm not footing the bill, I'd do:

To NYI: Luongo + 1st
To VAN: DiPietro (for buyout) + Niederreiter + 1st + 1st 2015 + 2nd

DiPietro's buyout is: $3M x 8 years = $24M.

DJOpus is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:35 PM
  #392
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Because I'm not footing the bill, I'd do:

To NYI: Luongo + 1st
To VAN: DiPietro (for buyout) + Niederreiter + 1st + 1st 2015 + 2nd

DiPietro's buyout is: $3M x 8 years = $24M.
Unless they are getting a lottery pick or two, (and even then I'm not sure) I don't think the Aquilini's will be interested in spending $24 million.

Canucker is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
  #393
Hal 9000*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Because I'm not footing the bill, I'd do:

To NYI: Luongo + 1st
To VAN: DiPietro (for buyout) + Niederreiter + 1st + 1st 2015 + 2nd

DiPietro's buyout is: $3M x 8 years = $24M.
Essentially, Gillis' mistake will cost $24 million and the NYI's mistake will cost them Neiderreiter and a couple draft picks.

Hal 9000* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:46 PM
  #394
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Because I'm not footing the bill, I'd do:

To NYI: Luongo + 1st
To VAN: DiPietro (for buyout) + Niederreiter + 1st + 1st 2015 + 2nd

DiPietro's buyout is: $3M x 8 years = $24M.
Gillis could always send them Ballard to buy out, then Gillis buys out DiPietro. That would even up a little but of the $$. only cost Gillis $18ishM to buy out DiPietro.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:50 PM
  #395
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Because I'm not footing the bill, I'd do:

To NYI: Luongo + 1st
To VAN: DiPietro (for buyout) + Niederreiter + 1st + 1st 2015 + 2nd

DiPietro's buyout is: $3M x 8 years = $24M.
It's actually $4.5M x 8 years = $36

So, its going to have to be a VERY hefty price in assets to take on that buyout.

Canucker is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 07:56 PM
  #396
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
It's actually $4.5M x 8 years = $36

So, its going to have to be a VERY hefty price in assets to take on that buyout.
No, $24M. The buyout is at 2/3rds ratio.

http://capgeek.com/buyout_calculator...06&buyout_d=15

Hammer79 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  #397
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,022
vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie just mentioned NYI could have interest in Luongo. Not a rumor at all just speculating. His opinion for this situation though is just as great as ours though IMO.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  #398
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
No, $24M. The buyout is at 2/3rds ratio.

http://capgeek.com/buyout_calculator...06&buyout_d=15
Compliance buyouts are full price.

Canucker is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:04 PM
  #399
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,744
vCash: 50
Philadelphia Flyers, pending a buy out or trade of Bryz (or he fails to report and plays in Europe or something).

New York Islanders, with Dipietro moved back++.

Pittsburgh Penguins, pending Fleury being moved, as Vokoun is UFA and has a couple years on Luongo.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:11 PM
  #400
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Bob McKenzie just mentioned NYI could have interest in Luongo. Not a rumor at all just speculating. His opinion for this situation though is just as great as ours though IMO.
Didn't see the segment, but seeing it all over twitter.

They drafted him, it almost seems fitting that he returns. They have a TON of great prospects, give me Brock Nelson.

SunshineRays is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.