HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2013, 07:12 PM
  #201
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I wrote this in another thread...Nash is definitely playing hurt. Dragged his leg throughout the game. Happened at the end of the second period in one of the games at The Garden.

But it's the playoffs...

id love if the one of the reporters would ask him if he feels fatigued or if anything is wrong with him besides his game.. he could be hurt but maybe he can also be worn out and tired....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  #202
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Nash realized how good it was having nice, long summers in Columbus. All the playoffs are doing is cutting into his vacation time.

beastly115 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  #203
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
We wer terrible with Gabs this year so that point doesn't stand. If you want to argue he's been bad in these PO's and whatnot hell yea but Gabs sucked this year
We are still on this? It's one season. Whoa.

Honest question, is Nash even close to what Gaborik was in the post season last year? Gaborik was confirmed to have a torn labrum in his shoulder after the post season. Gaborik had 5g 6a 11pts, including a triple OT GWG.

And Gaborik was actually a huge impact player against the Capitals registering 3g 4a 7pts in 7GP with a +3 rating (with a triple OT GWG, with a bad shoulder).

Do you think Nash has brought anything to the table, even close to what Gaborik brought to the Capitals series last season? And I'm not even advocating that Gaborik was great, but at least he had stretches where he legitimately contributed while being hurt.

Nash is choking, doing less than Gaborik, and people want to speculate that he is hurt, when in reality, he could simply be choking.

I don't care if Nash scored 50 goals during the regular season, if he can't bring anything to the post season, besides turning his body on the rush, he is a non-factor and won't help this team go anywhere.

I don't like the fact that as "the guy" Nash has only brought his team to the post season once (and you can certainly argue Hitchcock and Mason were the biggest reasons they got there). They were knocked out in the first round and Nash scored one goal. Now Nash comes to the Rangers, where in terms of offense, he's "the guy" and once again he's facing a first round KO where he hasn't even scored a goal (and in terms of being the primary reason for making the post season, he still takes a back seat to Stepan and Lundqvist who were both more valuable than him this year). Big players step up when necessary, and so far Nash hasn't.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm seriously doubting it at this point. Make me eat crow Nash.

Fataldogg is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
  #204
NYRCSKA*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Nashty has gotta dig deep and have a big game 6. He's getting his ass toasted and has never really been in this kind of market before. This is the make it or break it for Nash. Is he the kind of player that can face adversity, put his team on his back when it matters on the biggest stage, and help will his team to a W, or will he succumb to the pressure. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

NYRCSKA* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 09:24 PM
  #205
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Nashty has gotta dig deep and have a big game 6. He's getting his ass toasted and has never really been in this kind of market before. This is the make it or break it for Nash. Is he the kind of player that can face adversity, put his team on his back when it matters on the biggest stage, and help will his team to a W, or will he succumb to the pressure. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt after 1 dismal playoff series. While tomorrow is the make it or break it for this team, it certainly isn't for Nash.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 09:59 PM
  #206
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Nashty has gotta dig deep and have a big game 6. He's getting his ass toasted and has never really been in this kind of market before. This is the make it or break it for Nash. Is he the kind of player that can face adversity, put his team on his back when it matters on the biggest stage, and help will his team to a W, or will he succumb to the pressure. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
The guy is top 10 in goals in the NHL for the regular season, and slightly under a PPG. People need to give this guy a break and stop expecting him to put a Stanley Cup on a silver platter for us.

Look at how teams abuse the crap out of him without any rebuttal from people on our team. Guess what happens if Malkin or Crosby get picked on? Players step up right away to let them know it can't happen, and it stops. Nobody on our team does **** to protect Nash and you expect him to do everything?

Just look at the game against the Habs in the last few games of the regular season. The Habs are soft man and they were abusing the crap out of Nash, it was getting down right sad. Did anybody stick up for him? No.

Keep in mind this happens almost every game. So what do we get from all of this? He is now hurt.

He is not producing in the playoffs bc Tortorella took him off the line with Step and Cally and they have been reaping the rewards because top D pairings get faced against Nash's line. It changed in game 5 because everyone knows that he is hurt now. What happened? Step and Cally produced 0.

Oak is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:04 PM
  #207
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,493
vCash: 500
Another NY "superstar" who chokes in the playoffs.

Arod. Melo. Nash. Thank God for Eli Manning.

GWOW is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
  #208
bmoak
Registered User
 
bmoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Columbus fans warned us about Nash's low compete level. He's as soft as room-termperature butter and has about as much backbone.

bmoak is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:30 PM
  #209
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Columbus fans warned us about Nash's low compete level. He's as soft as room-termperature butter and has about as much backbone.
Oh just stop it. The guy competed like an animal ALL season and was one of our most consistent players game in and game out.


Just cause you cant tell he is injured doesnt mean he doesnt complete. With that comment I wonder if you watched one regular season game.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:38 PM
  #210
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
What if he isn't injured like many of HFMD suspects?

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 10:39 PM
  #211
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
We are still on this? It's one season. Whoa.

Honest question, is Nash even close to what Gaborik was in the post season last year? Gaborik was confirmed to have a torn labrum in his shoulder after the post season. Gaborik had 5g 6a 11pts, including a triple OT GWG.

And Gaborik was actually a huge impact player against the Capitals registering 3g 4a 7pts in 7GP with a +3 rating (with a triple OT GWG, with a bad shoulder).

Do you think Nash has brought anything to the table, even close to what Gaborik brought to the Capitals series last season? And I'm not even advocating that Gaborik was great, but at least he had stretches where he legitimately contributed while being hurt.

Nash is choking, doing less than Gaborik, and people want to speculate that he is hurt, when in reality, he could simply be choking.

I don't care if Nash scored 50 goals during the regular season, if he can't bring anything to the post season, besides turning his body on the rush, he is a non-factor and won't help this team go anywhere.

I don't like the fact that as "the guy" Nash has only brought his team to the post season once (and you can certainly argue Hitchcock and Mason were the biggest reasons they got there). They were knocked out in the first round and Nash scored one goal. Now Nash comes to the Rangers, where in terms of offense, he's "the guy" and once again he's facing a first round KO where he hasn't even scored a goal (and in terms of being the primary reason for making the post season, he still takes a back seat to Stepan and Lundqvist who were both more valuable than him this year). Big players step up when necessary, and so far Nash hasn't.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm seriously doubting it at this point. Make me eat crow Nash.
...wow did you ever go overboard...the remark I responded to was about us trading away gabs THIS year and how this has somehow hurt us THIS year as if gabs was producing when he clearly wasn't. I was pointing out that Gabs was terrible THIS year and I pointed this out b/c it means he would not have been any help THIS year so it really doesn't matter for the PO's THIS year if we traded Gabs bc Gabs was terrible. My comment has absolutely NOTHING to do with comparing nash to torn labrum gabs from LAST year... My comment was about saying "hey no need to lament Gabs being gone because I think we're getting more from Brassard and Moore than we would have from gabs this year". So you for some reason incorrectly thought I was comparing Gabs LAST year to nash THIS year when in reality I was making no comparison at all except maybe Gabs THIS year to what brass/Moore are giving us THIS year...which they're giving us a good deal. nash being poor has zero to do with gabs. Seriously what made you think I was making that comparison?

I literally said hell yea Nash sucks this year. I just also said that trading Gabs did nothing bad to this team because he WAS in FACT a bad, unproductive player THIS year. have I emphasized actual performance from this current year enough yet? Because I don't want more confusion.

If you think gabs would have overcome his completely unproductive invisible 2013 self and pl;ayed BETTER than brass and Moore combined have then good for you. That's your opinion then and you'd be entitled to it but I would def put my money on the idea that we have and will continue to get more out of brass and Moore than we would have from Gabs. So the idea that the Gabs trade has hurt us in these PO's I disagreed with and continue to disagree with. it hasn't hurt us. Nash underperforming (totally separate issue btw) HAS hurt us


Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-11-2013 at 10:49 PM.
shinchanyo is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 11:41 PM
  #212
slickjay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Ask Team Canada if Nash can play under pressure.

slickjay is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
  #213
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjay View Post
Ask Team Canada if Nash can play under pressure.
Meaningless short tourney the WC are. Nicklas Kronwall was tournament MVP one year.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 12:08 AM
  #214
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
...wow did you ever go overboard...the remark I responded to was about us trading away gabs THIS year and how this has somehow hurt us THIS year as if gabs was producing when he clearly wasn't. I was pointing out that Gabs was terrible THIS year and I pointed this out b/c it means he would not have been any help THIS year so it really doesn't matter for the PO's THIS year if we traded Gabs bc Gabs was terrible. My comment has absolutely NOTHING to do with comparing nash to torn labrum gabs from LAST year... My comment was about saying "hey no need to lament Gabs being gone because I think we're getting more from Brassard and Moore than we would have from gabs this year". So you for some reason incorrectly thought I was comparing Gabs LAST year to nash THIS year when in reality I was making no comparison at all except maybe Gabs THIS year to what brass/Moore are giving us THIS year...which they're giving us a good deal. nash being poor has zero to do with gabs. Seriously what made you think I was making that comparison?

I literally said hell yea Nash sucks this year. I just also said that trading Gabs did nothing bad to this team because he WAS in FACT a bad, unproductive player THIS year. have I emphasized actual performance from this current year enough yet? Because I don't want more confusion.

If you think gabs would have overcome his completely unproductive invisible 2013 self and pl;ayed BETTER than brass and Moore combined have then good for you. That's your opinion then and you'd be entitled to it but I would def put my money on the idea that we have and will continue to get more out of brass and Moore than we would have from Gabs. So the idea that the Gabs trade has hurt us in these PO's I disagreed with and continue to disagree with. it hasn't hurt us. Nash underperforming (totally separate issue btw) HAS hurt us
I don't know if that will be true moving forward, but I do agree that there is no way that Gaborik would have been able to contribute in the way that Brassard has this season for us. Brassard has been our most dynamic forward in the post season in terms of creating chances, and is a big reason we even won two games. I'll give Brassard all the props in the world.

And I'll openly admit, I was a fan of Gaborik being here. Because of that, I'm not a huge fan of Nash getting a pass from fans when Gaborik just couldn't. I don't know what it's from. That year Gaborik scored over 40 goals, was later confirmed to be injured in the post season, and still contributed a whole lot more than what Nash is bringing to the table.

Than he had one bad season, and fans crucified him.

Nash has never been a winner, either in Columbus or here. He's never carried his team as the guy. And I'd stand by my statement that he wasn't even our most valuable forward during the year (Stepan) or overall (Lundqvist).

Unlike some fans here giving Nash the pass, with how we restructured our team around him and his $7.8 million contract, I do expect a lot more out of him. And he won't get a pass from me because we were literally a much better team before acquiring him (statistically).

And that isn't Nash's fault. He did have a solid season with us. It's probably more on the coaching staff and management then anything else, but Nash has to prove to me that acquiring him was the right move for the organization moving forward, he has to show me he is an elite player both in the regular season and post season, for me to give him the respect a lot of fans here willingly give him.

Again, we restructured the team around HIM, and because of that, I expect him to be our top player night in and night out. Just as I expect Lundqvist to carry the work load in net and keep us in each game we play. When you carry that star power in the NHL heavy expectations come your way, and anything less than a solid performance is unacceptable (the same applied to Gaborik for his underwhelming season this year).

Fataldogg is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 12:42 AM
  #215
NYRCSKA*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Another NY "superstar" who chokes in the playoffs.

Arod. Melo. Nash. Thank God for Eli Manning.
Eli is good in the 4th quarter and in the playoffs only it seems lmao. The second superbowl year, my old man said "If Eli and Tim Tebow meet in the superbowl, both teams should just kneel every play until the 4th quarter."

NYRCSKA* is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
  #216
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Another NY "superstar" who chokes in the playoffs.

Arod. Melo. Nash. Thank God for Eli Manning.
Why is ARod grouped with those two? Yanks don't win WS in 2009 without him single handily killing the Angels.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:10 AM
  #217
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Meaningless short tourney the WC are. Nicklas Kronwall was tournament MVP one year.
Think he's talking about the Olympics there champ.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:18 AM
  #218
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,158
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Why is ARod grouped with those two? Yanks don't win WS in 2009 without him single handily killing the Angels.
Because it took an incredible 2009 post season to make everyone momentarily forget how downright miserable he was in virtually every other one.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:25 AM
  #219
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Think he's talking about the Olympics there champ.
2 goals in 13 Olympic games. He got moved off Crosby line to start Olympics in 2010 due to lack of chemistry. Hardly a world beater in the tournament. He wasn't even in their top 6 fwd group in the Tournament.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:28 AM
  #220
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Oh just stop it. The guy competed like an animal ALL season and was one of our most consistent players game in and game out.


Just cause you cant tell he is injured doesnt mean he doesnt complete. With that comment I wonder if you watched one regular season game.
I wonder if you watched MORE than one. Nash wasn't even close to our most consistent players. He couldn't buy a goal when the season got started. He was also held off the scoresheet altogether in nearly half of the games this season. Yes, he was near a PPG, but it wasn't by being consistent. He seemed to put up points in bunches (frequently during blowout games).

As for how "obviously injured" he is, are we going to do this every damned year? The board pet plays like crap and is "obviously injured." Last year, it was Callahan. Guess what? Cally wasn't injured last year. He just didn't play very well. Nash isn't injured. He's coasting. He's a complimentary star getting paid game-breaking superstar money. Let him ride 4th line on team Canada? He'll be fine. Let him join the fun in a blowout? He'll be fine. If you're looking for a guy to BE the main guy on offense and carry the team, you're looking for the wrong guy. He's never been that. Just like the 90s, you guys bought into the sexy name and assumed that things would be SO much better for him when he put on a Rangers sweater.

Well, there he is folks. Your savior. 27th in regular season points and tied for 10th in goals, just like he was in Columbus. Also similar to Columbus? He doesn't seem to be in the playoffs.

smoneil is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:30 AM
  #221
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Because it took an incredible 2009 post season to make everyone momentarily forget how downright miserable he was in virtually every other one.
That's with the expectations of Yankees. ARods been an MVP and helped win a title and still gets crapped on. Yeah he's been bad lately, but he helped the team win title and MVP. He's accomplished more than Messier in terms of award (MVP, multiple all star) and titles (1 each), but Messier is considered the most favorite NYR player of all time. I guess expectation with each franchise can do that.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:32 AM
  #222
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,158
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That's with the expectations of Yankees. ARods been an MVP and helped win a title and still gets crapped on. Yeah he's been bad lately, but he helped the team win title and MVP. He's accomplished more than Messier in terms of award (MVP, multiple all star) and titles (1 each), but Messier is considered the most favorite NYR player of all time. I guess expectation with each franchise can do that.
Mark Messier also stepped up when it mattered most and he did it rather often.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:35 AM
  #223
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Mark Messier also stepped up when it mattered most and he did it rather often.
Messier guaranteed a playoff spot for the Rangers in 2000, but for some reason that doesn't get talked about. He was also a dreadful player his last 3 seasons as a Ranger. At least ARod can still hit lefties at a high level.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:47 AM
  #224
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjay View Post
Ask Team Canada if Nash can play under pressure.
Since you brought it up, I will make a claim.
If Nash were of Old World descent he would be getting murderously crucified her on these boards for his dismal playoff performance right now. It would be brutal. Now, since he is a good ole boy. He gets the longer leash and some slack with a lot of people due to this fact.
It is what it is, but Nash needs to get his Canadian butt into gear tonight, Team Canada producer or not...
Otherwise I am going to lead the newly formed "anti Nash fraction" all offseason!

BBKers is offline  
Old
05-12-2013, 01:50 AM
  #225
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Since you brought it up, I will make a claim.
If Nash were of Old World descent he would be getting murderously crucified her on these boards for his dismal playoff performance right now. It would be brutal. Now, since he is a good ole boy. He gets the longer leash and some slack with a lot of people due to this fact.
It is what it is, but Nash needs to get his Canadian butt into gear tonight, Team Canada producer or not...
Otherwise I am going to lead the newly formed "anti Nash fraction" all offseason!
I think you're joking, but there definitely is anti-European, pro-Canadian bias in media for hockey players.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.