HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
  #851
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
Yeah I agree, I'd never deal Edler. But he is the kind of defenseman that the Lightning need so I'm kicking that tire.
Good to see a Tampa fan.
Edler just signed an long term, under-market value extension with a no trade clause.
There is almost zero chance he is dealt now.

Plus...
If he is dealt...
It will create a huge hole on defense.
The only way Edler will be dealt...
Is that Tampa significantly overpay...
That was why I propose Purcell, Connoly and the 3rd for Edler...
And maybe a C prospect.

But from the way Yzerman does things...
It is next to impossible he will do that.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:14 AM
  #852
TheMadHatTrick
Registered User
 
TheMadHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestleySnipez View Post
The only players I'd keep from the core for a rebuild would be Kassian, and the Sedins, because they should retire Canucks. Kesler, Edler, Bieksa, Burrows, all would go to bring in prospects or picks.
How much does your team value Bieksa? Do you think there's any chance he get traded? What would be good value in return for your team?

TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:54 PM
  #853
SgtToody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Don't think that if they put together a colossal comeback here with the Sharks that the team still doesn't need a major overhaul. Nothing for nothing is diddly squat-- to get something, like a potential front line sniper, you have to pay up. Or are you one of those who think Ballard/Booth/Higgins/etc and magic beans can get us the next Couture?

SgtToody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 12:44 AM
  #854
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys
 
MarleauApologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,325
vCash: 500
Schneider is still the goalie of the future, he was injured and still played great tonight. Trading Luongo's contract is still the proper decision, and it's bad for the team to keep him. Best of luck in the off season guys; your fanbase was really classy and Garrison is awesome, wish he was a Shark. Some idiot GM obsessed with grit is going to overpay for Bisksa. Edler is still a good player regardless of whether you hate him for his one gaffe.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 01:19 AM
  #855
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,743
vCash: 500
Big changes are needed.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:06 AM
  #856
King of the ES*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Alex Edler Trade Proposal Thread

My thought:

To TORONTO:
-Alex Edler

To VANCOUVER:
-Dion Phaneuf

Pretty simple. Two guys who may have worn out their welcomes in their respective cities. Dion gives us exactly what we need - a PP presence, leadership, and snarl. Only 1 year older than Edler, which seems hard to believe but it's true.

IMO it's very doubtful that the Leafs do this 1-for-1, but Edler's reasonably cap-friendly contract for the next 5 years might be the tipping point. Phaneuf is a UFA in 2014. Would be worth the gamble for the Canucks, IMO.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:08 AM
  #857
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Whoever we get, i sure hope its somebody who is good defensively and consistent. I can't stand high risk D men like Bieksa and Edler. Hamhuis FTW

Thats if it is indeed a D coming back. We need help scoring. Somebody with some damn hands

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
  #858
King of the ES*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
We need help scoring. Somebody with some damn hands
Schroeder's got hands. I think he's got a lot of potential if used correctly. Jensen has apparently got hands, but he seems to be quite far away from the NHL by looking at his stint with the Wolves.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
  #859
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
My thought:

To TORONTO:
-Alex Edler

To VANCOUVER:
-Dion Phaneuf

Pretty simple. Two guys who may have worn out their welcomes in their respective cities. Dion gives us exactly what we need - a PP presence, leadership, and snarl. Only 1 year older than Edler, which seems hard to believe but it's true.

IMO it's very doubtful that the Leafs do this 1-for-1, but Edler's reasonably cap-friendly contract for the next 5 years might be the tipping point. Phaneuf is a UFA in 2014. Would be worth the gamble for the Canucks, IMO.
How has Edler worn out his welcome?

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:30 AM
  #860
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
Schroeder's got hands. I think he's got a lot of potential if used correctly. Jensen has apparently got hands, but he seems to be quite far away from the NHL by looking at his stint with the Wolves.
What about the year before when he scored 6 goals in 8 games? You don;t think an adjustment back to smaller rinks had anything to do with it and his lack of top 6 minutes?

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 06:49 PM
  #861
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,638
vCash: 50
Jensen can score, that is indisputable. I don't think the rest of his game is quite ready.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:59 PM
  #862
TheMadHatTrick
Registered User
 
TheMadHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
My thought:

To TORONTO:
-Alex Edler

To VANCOUVER:
-Dion Phaneuf

Pretty simple. Two guys who may have worn out their welcomes in their respective cities. Dion gives us exactly what we need - a PP presence, leadership, and snarl. Only 1 year older than Edler, which seems hard to believe but it's true.

IMO it's very doubtful that the Leafs do this 1-for-1, but Edler's reasonably cap-friendly contract for the next 5 years might be the tipping point. Phaneuf is a UFA in 2014. Would be worth the gamble for the Canucks, IMO.
Leafs fan here. I would do that trade in a second (I don't know if our front office would). "Captain Serious" needs to go. He makes too many mental mistakes and cannot lead a team. In a word, he's not captain material and unfortunately he's not losing that C until he's traded or leaves. Lupul is our true captain.

TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:52 AM
  #863
thepuckmonster
professional winner
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatTrick View Post
Leafs fan here. I would do that trade in a second (I don't know if our front office would). "Captain Serious" needs to go. He makes too many mental mistakes and cannot lead a team. In a word, he's not captain material and unfortunately he's not losing that C until he's traded or leaves. Lupul is our true captain.
Don't take this personally against the Leafs, but I would end Gillis' career if this happened. And then I would take it upon myself to drive Dion out of town.

The guy has all the super shiny, expensive tools packed into a Fisher Price Toy Toolbox and I want nothing to do with it.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 01:02 AM
  #864
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,618
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
My thought:

To TORONTO:
-Alex Edler

To VANCOUVER:
-Dion Phaneuf

Pretty simple. Two guys who may have worn out their welcomes in their respective cities. Dion gives us exactly what we need - a PP presence, leadership, and snarl. Only 1 year older than Edler, which seems hard to believe but it's true.

IMO it's very doubtful that the Leafs do this 1-for-1, but Edler's reasonably cap-friendly contract for the next 5 years might be the tipping point. Phaneuf is a UFA in 2014. Would be worth the gamble for the Canucks, IMO.
ahhhhhhhhh

no thanks. You think Edler makes bonehead plays in his own zone, wait until we get the pleasure to see Dion do it

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
  #865
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,618
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Schneider is still the goalie of the future, he was injured and still played great tonight. Trading Luongo's contract is still the proper decision, and it's bad for the team to keep him. Best of luck in the off season guys; your fanbase was really classy and Garrison is awesome, wish he was a Shark. Some idiot GM obsessed with grit is going to overpay for Bisksa. Edler is still a good player regardless of whether you hate him for his one gaffe.
You just explained exactly how I feel about our defense and goaltending and stated it perfectly


LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:37 PM
  #866
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
With the Nucks needing to shed salaries has anybody thought of a deal around:

To Vancouver:

Bryz (34.5 million in real dollars who the Nucks could buy out).

To Philly:

Luongo (40.57 million in real dollars and can still be a # 1 for some years)
Ballard (cap dump to factor in that Bryz won't be playing)


Last edited by Ricky Bobby: 05-17-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Actual dollars remaining on Luongo Deal
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
  #867
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,983
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
With the Nucks needing to shed salaries has anybody thought of a deal around:

To Vancouver:

Bryz (34.5 million in real dollars who the Nucks could buy out for almost 13 million less than it would take to buy out Luongo).

To Philly:

Luongo (47.284 million in real dollars and can still be a # 1 for some years)
Ballard (cap dump to factor in that Bryz won't be playing)
Philly would need to add an asset that would make us want to downgrade our goaltending big time.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:42 PM
  #868
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Luongo won't be bought out. That's the type of trade that gets you fired; paying 20+ million dollars to get rid of a player you could have got rid of for free.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:44 PM
  #869
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
With the Nucks needing to shed salaries has anybody thought of a deal around:

To Vancouver:

Bryz (34.5 million in real dollars who the Nucks could buy out for almost 13 million less than it would take to buy out Luongo).

To Philly:

Luongo (47.284 million in real dollars and can still be a # 1 for some years)
Ballard (cap dump to factor in that Bryz won't be playing)
Luongo only has $40.57m real dollars left on his deal, don't know why you're including this past year.....it's over.

The difference is $6m, and Luongo is a much better goaltender than Bryzgalov with a smaller cap hit to boot.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
  #870
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Yotes fan coming in peace. Since you guys are interested in Vermette, what do you think of the following three-way trade?

To VAN: Vermette, Gormley, 2015 PHI 1st

To PHX: Couturier, Schroeder

To PHI: Edler, 2013 PHX 2nd

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:26 PM
  #871
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,983
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan coming in peace. Since you guys are interested in Vermette, what do you think of the following three-way trade?

To VAN: Vermette, Gormley, 2015 PHI 1st

To PHX: Couturier, Schroeder

To PHI: Edler, 2013 PHX 2nd
A 2015 1st round pick doesn't interest me at all. I get not wanting to give up a 1st for this year's draft (2013), but not even offering one for next year (2014) is a bit crazy.

And I personally wouldn't do it, not enough coming back in return.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:42 PM
  #872
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
A 2015 1st round pick doesn't interest me at all. I get not wanting to give up a 1st for this year's draft (2013), but not even offering one for next year (2014) is a bit crazy.

And I personally wouldn't do it, not enough coming back in return.
Okay, would dropping Schroeder and that PHI 1st make it more appealing?

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
  #873
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,983
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Okay, would dropping Schroeder and that PHI 1st make it more appealing?
Nope.
I consider Vermette to be a 3rd line center, and Gormley is an unproven prospect who might never be as good as Edler.

No upside to doing this trade. You shouldn't trade your best offensive d-man for a 3rd line center and a prospect.
I would rather deal with Philly directly so we get Couturier.


Last edited by Nuckles: 05-22-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:37 AM
  #874
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Nope.
I consider Vermette to be a 3rd line center, and Gormley is an unproven prospect who might never be as good as Edler.

No upside to doing this trade. You shouldn't trade your best offensive d-man for a 3rd line center and a prospect.
I would rather deal with Philly directly so we get Couturier.
This.
Couts is younger cheaper and has a higher potential ceiling while already being what Vermette would be doing here.
I'd love to add Vermette. But not at the expense of Edler.
At least dealing for Couts gives us the potential to have him fill the 2nd line centre role when the Sedins retire. Vermette would be on the wrong side of 30 by that time.

Maybe if the Yotes added their 2nd and the Philly 1st was changed to a minimum of next year.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:56 AM
  #875
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Okay, would dropping Schroeder and that PHI 1st make it more appealing?
No chance. Gormely will be lucky to get to Edlers level. Very lucky. Vermette doesn't do much for us. I'd do Gormley and your first this year.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.