HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
If he gets traded back to the east it will not be good news for the Habs and other teams.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:19 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
If he gets traded back to the east it will not be good news for the Habs and other teams.
Eller for Halak?

Old
05-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Why?

Since being traded the only thing he has proven is he can't stay healthy enough to be a workhorse #1 goalie.

He's had some good yaer statistically but Hitchock's system and a strong defense does that for goalies.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He's had some good yaer statistically but Hitchock's system and a strong defense does that for goalies.
Okay. But then we keep saying that it's unfair to judge Price based on how poor our teams have been in front of him. So what do we want for Price? A great system with a strong defense right? If so....and if he does well....can we then say that "the only reason why Price does well is because of a great system and a strong D"???

One day, people will make me understand that double standards....Halak has no merit for what he has done...but Price isn't at fault for not having what Halak has had....

Old
05-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why?

Since being traded the only thing he has proven is he can't stay healthy enough to be a workhorse #1 goalie.

You can try to chip away at Halak's performances all you like he's a guy with a high compete level and focus. He'd be a dangerous threat to a team playing him in the playoffs... especially Montreal.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay. But then we keep saying that it's unfair to judge Price based on how poor our teams have been in front of him. So what do we want for Price? A great system with a strong defense right? If so....and if he does well....can we then say that "the only reason why Price does well is because of a great system and a strong D"???

One day, people will make me understand that double standards....Halak has no merit for what he has done...but Price isn't at fault for not having what Halak has had....
There is not a large gap in goaltending today as it was decades ago. Top goaltenders (stats wise) can change year from year. Obviously the better the team in front of the goalie helps a lot. I want the Habs to get better overall. No goalies should get discredited for the team in front of him as he still has to stop the puck. I preferably want to see our goalies have the easiest time due to the strength of the team in front of him. I want to see the Habs have the best team, not forward, defence, or goalie.

Quote:
You can try to chip away at Halak's performances all you like he's a guy with a high compete level and focus. He'd be a dangerous threat to a team playing him in the playoffs... especially Montreal.
Halak's a great goalie, though he has had injury troubles. That article may be blown out of proportion but it doesn't paint him as a good teammate. They're a very good team playing the defending champs. The players and coaches didn't need that distraction.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:41 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Good goalie who can't carry the load...and has taken on the persona of his agent...
Always injured...

Old
05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Halak is injury prone and inconsistent. And apparently not someone willing to sit on the bench despite being unreliable. A great goalie on his day but not someone I'd lose sleep over.

But let me guess, you don't actually care about Halak but are hyping him up because you want to make Price look bad.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

No GM in the NHL would take Halak over Price. Even with his struggles the last 5-6 weeks.

Halak is well insulated in St.Louis but he can't stay healthy/consistant enough to carry the mail. He's lost the #1 job to both Allen and Elliott this year.

Price did not get a lot of help last year and he did well to have solid stats. This year with a lot more help(less shots and better defense) until Emelin got hurt.

I(and Bergevin) would make that Eller-Halak deal again any day and twice on Sundays.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Halak is injury prone and inconsistent. And apparently not someone willing to sit on the bench despite being unreliable. A great goalie on his day but not someone I'd lose sleep over.

But let me guess, you don't actually care about Halak but are hyping him up because you want to make Price look bad.
The Islanders, with a healthy Halak, become a playoff threat. Flyers too.
That's all I am saying.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Andy

Quote:
That's all I am saying.
Sure it is....earl

Old
05-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Raider917

vCash: 179
sign halak just for playoff insurance. even if he isnt healthy all season it would still be good if he was healthy for the playoffs.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
sign halak just for playoff insurance. even if he isnt healthy all season it would still be good if he was healthy for the playoffs.
And how do we go about signing Halak? He's already has a contract next year, with another team.

Besides, think he wants to be a playoff insurance goalie? He spent most of his time here fighting for the starter spot.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
And how do we go about signing Halak? He's already has a contract next year, with another team.

Besides, think he wants to be a playoff insurance goalie? He spent most of his time here fighting for the starter spot.
let him.the only reason he shouldnt is health.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:07 PM
E = CH²

Anyone else watching NYR vs Washington ?

What a homer series. Caps are getting eaten alive in the second. Some huge saves by Holtby to keep them in it.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
That's all I am saying.
Right... We see a healthy Halak just as much as a confident and dominant Price which is not enough. Halak is a one year wonder and a really good back up.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:32 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Anyone else watching NYR vs Washington ?

What a homer series. Caps are getting eaten alive in the second. Some huge saves by Holtby to keep them in it.
Timely goaltending. Must be nice.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Oh my, Holtby.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Lundqvist ain't half bad either. Still 1-0 Rags.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:01 PM
hockeyfan2k11

And people say Price is elite? No... Lundqvist is elite and Price is nowhere near his class. Not a knock on Price, but some people have no bloody clue what an elite goalie is.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Nedved

that was awesome.

goalie dual for the ages, must be nice..

Old
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No penalties against the Rangers in an elimination game?

Couldn't have been more blatantly obvious then when there were no penalties in Game 7 Bruins vs. Lightning the year the Bruins won the cup.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Aceekay

If you wanna trash price go to the price thread

Old
05-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And people say Price is elite? No... Lundqvist is elite and Price is nowhere near his class. Not a knock on Price, but some people have no bloody clue what an elite goalie is.
Price is very good but he is not elite. He is not quite consistent enough to be elite. Price has all the physical tools to be elite though. Just to go back to the Ottawa series....and I know team effort had much to do about it too......but Anderson was more consistent from game to game than Price was. I won't knock Price too much in that series but he could certainly elevate his game further.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Muminek

Olympics should be great Lundqvist vs Quick vs Rinne/Rask. Canada and Russia (unless Bobrovski repeats his year) are in big trouble goalie wise.

Closed Thread