HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eberle to the Islanders

Old
05-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Isles Junkie

vCash: 500
Eberle to the Islanders

I'm really curious what you think it would take to get Eberle to LI.

I'd make pretty much anyone besides Tavares, Hamonic & Martin available. (only reason I don't trade Martin is because he's the heart & soul of the team)

Do they even think about Okposo + Strome? Or Grabner + Nino? Do the Isles have to add more? I just think Eberle would be a perfect fit for the Isles, and the Isles have a lot of pieces to trade, and I think the time is now to bring in some outside talent.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Fourier

There is no reason for the Oilers to trade Eberle for anything less than a high impact player in return. Neither deal the OP mentioned fits that bill at this point.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:29 AM
19NYSports91

I don't want Eberle to be honest. I want Nathan Horton on JT's wing. I would never do Okposo + Strome btw.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
There is no reason for the Oilers to trade Eberle for anything less than a high impact player in return. Neither deal the OP mentioned fits that bill at this point.
Does Moulson interest you?

Old
05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

While I like Eberle, I don't think he's the answer for the Isles. The Isles look pretty good up front and the 2010 draft class is knocking on the door. Strome could conceivably be our Eberle as early as next season.

We need to shore up the defense and goaltending. If we're going to trade assets, I'd prefer addressing those positions.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:54 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Junkie View Post
I'm really curious what you think it would take to get Eberle to LI.

I'd make pretty much anyone besides Tavares, Hamonic & Martin available. (only reason I don't trade Martin is because he's the heart & soul of the team)

Do they even think about Okposo + Strome? Or Grabner + Nino? Do the Isles have to add more? I just think Eberle would be a perfect fit for the Isles, and the Isles have a lot of pieces to trade, and I think the time is now to bring in some outside talent.
Isles have bigger concerns in goal and the blueline.

With 3 recent first rounders knocking on the nhl door: Nino/Strome/Nelson, I think Eberle is a luxury item, Snow doesn't even kick the tires on.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Isles Junkie

I'm surprised you are so quick to dismiss the opportunity to bring in someone who can be the 2nd line center right away. I guess I'm just not nearly as high on our forwards as you guys are.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:05 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I'm surprised you are so quick to dismiss the opportunity to bring in someone who can be the 2nd line center right away. I guess I'm just not nearly as high on our forwards as you guys are.
Eberle plays wing, not center.

Isles have been using first round picks, on those forwards I'm high on. No reason not to see what Strome/Nino/Nelson can bring to the top 6.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

Quote:
The difference is that Strome hasn't proven himself a 2nd line center yet. Eberle has proven himself to be a 1st line winger. Strome will very likely become a 2nd line center, but nothing is a guarantee, even Rob Schremp looked like a lock to be a 1st liner at one point. Unless Hamonic is part of the package, the Oilers have no reason to do this deal.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 09:11 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Eberle plays wing, not center.

Isles have been using first round picks, on those forwards I'm high on. No reason not to see what Strome/Nino/Nelson can bring to the top 6.
Plus, Eberle is not cheap anymore in terms of salary. He makes more than Tavares now. Agreed that Eberle is a luxury. I'd love to have him, but not for the potential package it would take to get him.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 09:23 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Plus, Eberle is not cheap anymore in terms of salary. He makes more than Tavares now. Agreed that Eberle is a luxury. I'd love to have him, but not for the potential package it would take to get him.
Agreed, I don't think the Isles and Oilers are good trading partners either.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:15 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
The difference is that Strome hasn't proven himself a 2nd line center yet. Eberle has proven himself to be a 1st line winger. Strome will very likely become a 2nd line center, but nothing is a guarantee, even Rob Schremp looked like a lock to be a 1st liner at one point. Unless Hamonic is part of the package, the Oilers have no reason to do this deal.
Isn't it enough, that your team is likely adding Streit?

He's a class act. If he's gonna leave, I'd like to see him go west, so I can still cheer for him.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Does Moulson interest you?
Personally, not if the price is Eberle. I really like Moulson, in fact I enjoy watching the Islanders, but a deal involving those two makes little sense. Moulson is 29 and the Oilers window probably opens in 3 years or so. Eberles age fits the team profile much more, and he and Hall seem to be best buds

Now if you are tired of Moulson and want to move him then I'd say the Oilers should be all over it. Of course this is not the case so I am not sure how a deal like that gets made as the Oilers prime assets would be Gagner and Hemsky as well as something like their 2014 #1. I don't see that this makes for the foundation of a deal.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:19 AM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
To Islanders: Eberle + Klefbom

To Oilers: Niederreiter + Strome

Old
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
I'm not a huge Strome fan but he is no Schremp. Schremp was small and not a great skater. Strome is neither of those. It would really suprise me if Strome does not become a solid NHL'er.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
To Islanders: Eberle + Klefbom

To Oilers: Niederreiter + Strome
I doubt the Oilers would trade Eberle for these two. Adding in a guy that the Oiler brass is extemely high on does nothing to help the deal.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Personally, not if the price is Eberle. I really like Moulson, in fact I enjoy watching the Islanders, but a deal involving those two makes little sense. Moulson is 29 and the Oilers window probably opens in 3 years or so. Eberles age fits the team profile much more, and he and Hall seem to be best buds

Now if you are tired of Moulson and want to move him then I'd say the Oilers should be all over it. Of course this is not the case so I am not sure how a deal like that gets made as the Oilers prime assets would be Gagner and Hemsky as well as something like their 2014 #1. I don't see that this makes for the foundation of a deal.
Moulson's drawing fan criticism for being one dimensional, not being strong defensively or playing physical.

Gagner/ Hemsky would bring the same complaints.

I can't see any circumstance, Snow moves Moulson in the offseason for a 2014 pick.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:28 AM
StrongIslanders90

we don't make great trading partners....

I would love berle on JTs wing but I don't see a realistic scenario where that happens...

plus we might have our own Eberle in Strome...I think its worth the wait to see what Strome can do with the big boys...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:28 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Eberle makes more money than JT?!

wow.

Either Garth Snow is a smooth talker or there was more to Tambellini's firing than just sitting on his butt for many years waiting for the draft lotto to start.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:35 AM
BarDownBobo
Play Bad For Ekblad

For me to think about dealing him you'd have to start with Griffin and add something else....

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
For me to think about dealing him you'd have to start with Griffin and add something else....
I diagree with you. No combination of picks/prospects are going to acquire Eberle. The Oilers are not in a position in their organization to be trading legitmate (VERY GOOD) NHL players for guys who have yet to establish themselves.

If you trade Eberle it is to get better somewhere else. Not to pick up prospects who maybe will turn into guys who will make you better in 3-4 years.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Lawson624

Probably something around hamonic and nino and maybe Nelson if something else was coming from the oilers

Lawson624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 11:42 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson624 View Post
Probably something around hamonic and nino and maybe Nelson if something else was coming from the oilers
This is not a slight on Eberle, when I say the Isles wouldn't move Hamonic alone for Eberle. Eberle is a luxury for the Isles. Hamonic is the heart of the D.

Isles group of forwards, in both the NHL and among their prospects, are much more talented then the blueline group.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:46 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I diagree with you. No combination of picks/prospects are going to acquire Eberle. The Oilers are not in a position in their organization to be trading legitmate (VERY GOOD) NHL players for guys who have yet to establish themselves.

If you trade Eberle it is to get better somewhere else. Not to pick up prospects who maybe will turn into guys who will make you better in 3-4 years.
I'd be shocked if either team moved productive, young nhl talent for picks/prospects.

Both gms want help now, not a few seasons down the road.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:40 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
A) Okposo + Strome

B) Cizikas + Strome or Nino

C) Nielsen + Joensuu or Nino

D) Grabner + Nelson +

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote