HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Messier guaranteed a playoff spot for the Rangers in 2000, but for some reason that doesn't get talked about. He was also a dreadful player his last 3 seasons as a Ranger. At least ARod can still hit lefties at a high level.
LOL please. A rod can't even go yard anymore. Got busted again. Arod is trash in the post season. Exception of 2009. Everyone knows this. puh lease man.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:03 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
I think you're joking, but there definitely is anti-European, pro-Canadian bias in media for hockey players.
Zuccarello has played a much better playoffs than Rick Nash. He costs less than one tenth of what Nash does, he has more hits, better Corsi and has played considerably less time on both PP (which has been abyssmal) and ES. Yet he has three times the point production Nash does. Same applies for Hagelin. Talk about a bad investment, ESP considering the bounty we gave up. But when either of these depth players make a bad play or have a bad game - which has been seldom - a considerable part of the boards goes up in flames saying they want more size, more grit and NA players into the lineup. It is downright disgusting to see the level of homerism at times. I love the "Nash must be injured" guys out there too...

I would like nothing more than for Nash to turn it around and throw these statistics into my face. Do it Rick

Old
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Zuccarello has played a much better playoffs than Rick Nash. He costs less than one tenth of what Nash does, he has more hits, better Corsi and has played considerably less time on both PP (which has been abyssmal) and ES. Yet he has three times the point production Nash does. Same applies for Hagelin. Talk about a bad investment, ESP considering the bounty we gave up. But when either of these depth players make a bad play o have a bad game - which has been seldom - a considerable part of the boards goes up in flames saying they want more size, more grit and NA players into the lineup. It is downright disgusting to see the level of homerism at times.

I would like nothing more than for Nash to turn it around and throw these statistics into my face. Do it Rick
Completely agree.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Because it took an incredible 2009 post season to make everyone momentarily forget how downright miserable he was in virtually every other one.
All it takes is one.

If Nash won a Cup for us we wouldn't having the discussions we're having about him.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
05-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

And speaking of Hagelin, why is he never on the powerplay? From what we've seen the guy can hammer the puck which basically nobody else can do.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
LOL please. A rod can't even go yard anymore. Got busted again. Arod is trash in the post season. Exception of 2009. Everyone knows this. puh lease man.
Alex Rodriguez is still an above average 3B in the league, but he makes an absurd amount of money and is far too prone to injury.

Mark Messier during his '2nd stint' was highly overpaid and was a below average player.

ARod wins one title, one MVp, multiple all star appearances, gets crucified as playoff choker and hated by fans.

Mark Messier wins title, one MVP, some all star appearances, leaves after ECF to chase or cash then comes back in shell of himself. Gets heralded as the 2nd coming of Jesus.

It comes down to expectations I guess. Yankee fans are too spoiled.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Rodriguez is a terrible player now. He's always injured or striking out. He literally almost goes 0 for _ in the playoffs. He had the gold sombrero the last ALDS game I went to. The fact that he is always hurt, can't hit anymore and doesn't show up for the post season makes him below average. Please compare baseball to hockey more.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
And speaking of Hagelin, why is he never on the powerplay? From what we've seen the guy can hammer the puck which basically nobody else can do.
Hagelin moves around so much the other players will look even more statuesque, and we can't have that.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:02 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Alright, you guys can take the MLB discussion to the MLB thread — I'd rather not taint a hockey thread with baseball.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Hagelin moves around so much the other players will look even more statuesque, and we can't have that.
If a PP carried over into the next period I have to think that the maintenance crew at MSG would have a hard time flooding the ice around our guys standing in place . Like watching 5 pylons LOL....just brutal without a doubt . Good job Torts on the PP .

Old
05-12-2013, 08:57 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post

As bad as A-Rod was last season he still murdered lefties.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Riverdale

Ranger under performs?...Oh he is injured.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I don't know if that will be true moving forward, but I do agree that there is no way that Gaborik would have been able to contribute in the way that Brassard has this season for us. Brassard has been our most dynamic forward in the post season in terms of creating chances, and is a big reason we even won two games. I'll give Brassard all the props in the world.

And I'll openly admit, I was a fan of Gaborik being here. Because of that, I'm not a huge fan of Nash getting a pass from fans when Gaborik just couldn't. I don't know what it's from. That year Gaborik scored over 40 goals, was later confirmed to be injured in the post season, and still contributed a whole lot more than what Nash is bringing to the table.

Than he had one bad season, and fans crucified him.

Nash has never been a winner, either in Columbus or here. He's never carried his team as the guy. And I'd stand by my statement that he wasn't even our most valuable forward during the year (Stepan) or overall (Lundqvist).

Unlike some fans here giving Nash the pass, with how we restructured our team around him and his $7.8 million contract, I do expect a lot more out of him. And he won't get a pass from me because we were literally a much better team before acquiring him (statistically).

And that isn't Nash's fault. He did have a solid season with us. It's probably more on the coaching staff and management then anything else, but Nash has to prove to me that acquiring him was the right move for the organization moving forward, he has to show me he is an elite player both in the regular season and post season, for me to give him the respect a lot of fans here willingly give him.

Again, we restructured the team around HIM, and because of that, I expect him to be our top player night in and night out. Just as I expect Lundqvist to carry the work load in net and keep us in each game we play. When you carry that star power in the NHL heavy expectations come your way, and anything less than a solid performance is unacceptable (the same applied to Gaborik for his underwhelming season this year).
A lot of fans are dumb or influenced by emotion when forming their opinions but I don't think I have seen ANYBODY say that Nash has been good in these playoffs. I have seen people offer explanations for why they think he is not producing but I have not seen anyone adamantly insist he's performing acceptably. In fact Nash is receiving tremendous criticism much moreso than he is complete or even tempered support. Nash is def not gtting a free pass just as Gabs did not when he played even worse for most of this season. Gabs overall career as a ranger was great though.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Crease

Great players are always checked tighter in the playoffs. Nash needs to find that next gear and overcome it. His team's success depends on it.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:04 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Great players are always checked tighter in the playoffs. Nash needs to find that next gear and overcome it. His team's success depends on it.
Nash needs to remember that he has other teammates on the ice. Far too often he tries to stickhandle through multiple defenders, or tries to carry the puck into the net instead of just shooting it when he gets a chance. How many times has he turned the puck over in this series?

If he's getting checked tighter, then he needs to use his teammates more, not less, as they should be more open.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Nash needs to remember that he has other teammates on the ice. Far too often he tries to stickhandle through multiple defenders, or tries to carry the puck into the net instead of just shooting it when he gets a chance. How many times has he turned the puck over in this series?

If he's getting checked tighter, then he needs to use his teammates more, not less, as they should be more open.
Good points, as always, GAGLine.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Captain Monglobster

If Nash isn't hurt, and he can't find an extra gear in the POs, then god help him because he will quickly become a whipping boy for years to come.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
He forgets about the two other forwards. It's a habit he still has from Columbus I'd have to say. When there's more guys watching Nash closer... It opens up for the other players.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Helistin
Dustin's equilibrium

What's all this badmouthing of Nash the saviour? Everyone knows only soft Euros like Gaborik can choke come playoff time.
Nash has just been unlucky/playing injured/not getting the bounces.
Silly people.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
What's all this badmouthing of Nash the saviour? Everyone knows only soft Euros like Gaborik can choke come playoff time.
Silly people.
Good ol' Canadian Boy. Blue collar farm boy who plays the right way. Just facing injury most likely.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
Silly people.
LOL u must be new here to HFNYR where everyone gets bashed relentlessly

Old
05-12-2013, 12:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Good ol' Canadian Boy. Blue collar farm boy who plays the right way. Just facing injury most likely.
**** Gabby and his glass body, and especially screw his 7 points against Washington!

Of course, if Nash suddenly decides to show up in the next game (and, hopefully, the possible game after that) i'd love to eat some crow. But he's given me no reason to believe in him.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
**** Gabby and his glass body, and especially screw his 7 points against Washington!

Of course, if Nash suddenly decides to show up in the next game (and, hopefully, the possible game after that) i'd love to eat some crow. But he's given me no reason to believe in him.
if nash's name was ilya kovalchuk, he'd get absolutely torn apart by the media. On TSN, not much talk on Nash's no-show, but a lot on Ovechkin.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:34 PM
richo

Nash is like Joe Thornton. Tons of talent, no heart. Out here we were so happy he did not come to SJ as was rumored. I'm not a Rangers fan but thought their management was smarter. You guys gave up a lot to get him and for what? (And look how much better Columbus did without him). True, he could turn it around but I doubt it. He reminds me of Marcel Dionne. Great numbers across his whole career but nothing to show for it.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Yes, the Jackets really did do a lot better this year with an actual goalie in net.

Closed Thread