HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Q sending message to Stalberg/Saad

Old
05-12-2013, 12:13 AM
canucks95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
I'd love for the Sens to take out the Penguins...the Pens look totally beatable after what I saw in the Pens-Isles series.
They've still got the same issues as they've always had, exploitable defense and shoddy goaltending, as awesome as the Iggy addition was, they can be beat with the right game-plan.

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:27 AM
here come the

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Thought Sadd was playing well. Guess I was wrong
I didn't think he played poorly, but he seemed to be gripping the stick a little too tight, didn't show tons of composure with the puck. Still can't imagine Q breaks up the line that was the backbone of the team all year.

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Sarava

I would agree with that. Regardless of how these guys are playing - they have to produce. There's no consolation prize for playing well, or playing fine when you're not scoring. They got away with it against Minnesota - but the odds of getting through another round without production from the top line aren't all that great IMO.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:53 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Q seemed pretty impressed by the Ovie benching last year in last year's playoffs, and indicated after the series loss to PHX that he would give out playoff time more based on play than player in the future. Thankfully we saw pretty good play across the board vs the Wild, so no one needs to be benched. Sure, Saad was a little off and Stalberg wasn't as good as his line-mates, but I don't think there's anyone better waiting in the wings.

But I don't think Q was impressed by the team's effort vs. the Wild and is looking to send a message. I could see at some point:

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Zues-Kane
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Frolik-Kruger-Smith

Bickell seems locked in right now, has playoff cred, and could maybe improve that line's productivity; Saad can still play his good 2-way with less pressure on the 3rd, and with Bolland and Shaw maybe that's a true feisty checking line to free up the top 6; Smith's had success in the playoffs, can play a skilled 4th line game, and is just a better player than the other guys he'd be replacing; and Stalberg sits to send the message.

Last edited by LarmerSavardSecord: 05-12-2013 at 12:59 AM.
LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Zues-Kane
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Frolik-Kruger-Smith
what about Stalberg? Really want to sit him for Smith? Stalberg creates and keeps the puck possesion alive. Smith works harder than him but would be on a line that does not lack work ethic and effort

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Zues-Kane
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Stalberg-Kruger-Frolik

that's what we may see game 1

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:43 AM
madgoat33

if saad sits to have bollig in the lineup i may just turn the game off

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Bollig should not see the ice if Bolland is back. If he does than he has something on Q!

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:44 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Agreed I like Bollig but that's nuts. Saad looks like a rookie in his first playoff experience. I don't get the issue.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Marotte Marauder

Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg has proven to be the best 3rd line all season long. Has the line been effective in Series 1? Yes. Has each individual been effective in Series 1? No, but the point is the ENTIRE LINE has been effective. Leave it the F alone going forward.

Same with Line 1 regarding Saad, all lines have been effective, look at Line 2 with Sharpie getting hot along with Kane staying red hot.

Leave the lineup alone and roll with it, sorry Davey. I'm not even swapping Bolland for Kruger right now.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 09:21 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
You'd seriously play Carcillo or Bollig over Bolland? I know you're not a fan, but really?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

I would not change the 3rd line. Just afraid of losing secondary scoring that was key to the last series. Bolland in there on the 3rd but the stumps of Carcillo/Bollig should not play. Just wondering who will drop to the 3rd line.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:35 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg has proven to be the best 3rd line all season long. Has the line been effective in Series 1? Yes. Has each individual been effective in Series 1? No, but the point is the ENTIRE LINE has been effective. Leave it the F alone going forward.

Same with Line 1 regarding Saad, all lines have been effective, look at Line 2 with Sharpie getting hot along with Kane staying red hot.

Leave the lineup alone and roll with it, sorry Davey. I'm not even swapping Bolland for Kruger right now.
That's exactly what Q should consider. Bolland is better in every aspect of the game over Kruger, and I agree the first 3 lines should remain as is for now. If Bolland proves to be his usual effective performer in post season, then perhaps place Shaw on the 4th line and move Bolland to his usual 3rd line role. Kruger looks to me, to be the odd man out but Bolland needs to earn anything beyond the 4th line.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Kruger is on our PK and not going anywhere. Shaw will move to W I am guessing.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:59 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Anyone remember in 08 playoffs when Sharp came back from injury? Q didn't want to mess with the lines to the point where he put Sharpie on the fourth. You can guarantee we'll see some interesting lines once Bolland gets back.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:02 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Kruger is on our PK and not going anywhere. Shaw will move to W I am guessing.
And so does Frolik, Toews, Hossa and Bolland.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Marotte Marauder

Moving Shaw to a wing and Bolly to 3C makes the team worse. The magic of the 3rd line is diminished as is their scoring punch.

Moving Bolly to 4C and Kruger to wing makes the team worse. Kruger on the wall in place of Carcillo or Bollig is not an improvement. Kruger benched to put Bolly as 4C makes no sense to me. The only thing Bolly has over Kruger right now, and you know what a Kruger fanboy I've been, is experience. Not much better at the dot, certainly doesn't have Kruger's energy at this point and his offense isn't going to be any better than Kruger.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
And so does Frolik, Toews, Hossa and Bolland.
So what's your point? You hate Kruger enough that you would bench one of our PK....3rd best in the NHL PK mind you.... In order to satisfy the hate and make the team weaker?!

Old
05-12-2013, 10:53 AM
ndgt10

Q likes experience so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Saad for a while.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Ujjy

I think I wouldn't mind seeing the current lines, but with a Fro-Bolland-Kruger line as the 4th line. If after the first game the team still isn't putting in the effort Q wants, then I'd welcome a change.

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:14 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Moving Shaw to a wing and Bolly to 3C makes the team worse. The magic of the 3rd line is diminished as is their scoring punch.

Moving Bolly to 4C and Kruger to wing makes the team worse. Kruger on the wall in place of Carcillo or Bollig is not an improvement. Kruger benched to put Bolly as 4C makes no sense to me. The only thing Bolly has over Kruger right now, and you know what a Kruger fanboy I've been, is experience. Not much better at the dot, certainly doesn't have Kruger's energy at this point and his offense isn't going to be any better than Kruger.
You seriously want Bollig over Bolland. Oi.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:17 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

If we scratch Saad in favor of Carcillo/Bollig there isn't a facepalm hard enough to express my disgust.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:19 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
So deep.

Hoping for you guys and the sens in the finals. Would be some great hockey IMO
Thanks and I agree. I'd like to see the Sens take out the Pens and then go on to win the East. I like the way the Sens play and what a great story they have written with the success they've had despite all the injuries to their star players.

Sens - Hawks would be a pretty entertaining SCF.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I like it. Perfect time to send a message. It's not just for these two, its for the entire team.

I still don't break up the 3rd line.
Totally agree. Q is obviously well aware that the other series have been far more intense and that we will have to raise our game to match that intensity. If we do we will be fine, if we don't we won't last. I also suspect he wants us to come out of the gate fast in game 1 and set the tone (Wild didn't have the skill to punish us for slow starts but other teams do).

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
You seriously want Bollig over Bolland. Oi.
They are not direct replacements now are they? The insertion of Bolland and the moving of the other pieces is not a net positive IMO.

Bolland better than Bollig? Of course. Is the team better with the current lineup or a newly mixed lineup? The former is better IMO.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:39 PM
EbonyRaptor

Stalberg took an offensive zone penalty in Game#3 and then had a turnover just inside our blue line in Game#5. Rightly or wrongly, Q has a very short leash for Stalberg so I wouldn't be surprised is this isn't a message being sent.

Saad seems to be weaker on his skates in the latter part of the season and into the playoffs than he was earlier in the season. He's been getting knocked down with regularity lately and I wonder if he hasn't gotten physically worn down. After playing 59 games in the OHL in 10/11 and only 44 games in 11/12, he played 31 games in Rockford and 46 games for the Hawks this season - a whole lot more games than he's ever played before. He very well could be physically and mentally exhausted.

The bottom line is the team comes first and if the team is better with other players in the lineup than Stalberg and/or Saad right now - so be it.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote