HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 02:04 PM
hangons

vCash: 500
Bernier trade in offseason?

Do you think if we trade him we could get the #2 or #3 pick in the draft from either the Panthers or Lighting? The Junior stats of Drouin and MacKinnon are sick. Yes, I know it's the Q just saying...

Old
05-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
He's going to get traded regardless, but no way for a pick that high.

I see Florida in the Luongo market and Tampa rolling with Bishop.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:06 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Not a chance, unfortunately. I think if a team offers a mid- to late first round pick as well as a B level prospect, that will land them Bernier.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

vCash: 592
No way in hell. It will take FAR more than Bernier to land that pick and to be honest, we don't need it for the cost it would take.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:19 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Hopefully he ends up on the Flyers, they already have Schenn and Simmonds.

I'll take a first and prospects. Dean is keen on rebuilding the pipeline with the draft picks we've acquired with the recent trades. We're going to be moving around in the draft.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

I think the Islanders would be good partners. Pick is in the right place, and they might be in the young goalie market.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Bernier is not going to fetch a top 5 pick.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
Not a chance, unfortunately. I think if a team offers a mid- to late first round pick as well as a B level prospect, that will land them Bernier.
^^^^ this is why I would never draft a goalie in the 1st round, and maybe not even in the 2nd.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
cneil99

What about trying for Niederreiter out of Long Island? Him and Bernier are in very similar situations

Old
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil99 View Post
What about trying for Niederreiter out of Long Island? Him and Bernier are in very similar situations
Best offer you'll get is Isles 1st plus B level prospect or one of the young goalies. Snow is not trading Nino.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
KingLB

Kings fans are going to be very very disappointed in Berniers return... (judging by this thread and the TR board).

I'm expecting a mid 2nd if that. Maybe Kings get lucky and someone offersheets him after the draft and the Kings pick up an extra 1st next year. So they can move picks at the deadline again for a piece needed for the next run.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:10 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
Best offer you'll get is Isles 1st plus B level prospect or one of the young goalies. Snow is not trading Nino.
I would do that right away.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
^^^^ this is why I would never draft a goalie in the 1st round, and maybe not even in the 2nd.
You would never draft a goalie in the first round, cause 7 years later you might not be able to trade him for the same pick in which he was taken?? Do Brian Boyle and Lauri Tukonen mean you should never draft a forward in the first round? And Thomas Hickey mean you should never draft a defensemen in the first round??

(not that I disagree with you, but your reasoning is quite flawed)

Old
05-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
Where do I sign?

Old
05-12-2013, 03:27 PM
DaAnimal

Almost impossible for us to get a top 5 pick by trading JB. We have to add a top 6 forward or a top 4 defensemen which I doubt we are willing to do plus an additional pick in the future. Are y'all willing to do that? I know I'm not.

Sure the top 5 players this year are going to be good but i truly truly THINK (And I have been saying this since the beginning of this year) the sleeper pick is Curtis Lazar. He's got DL written ALL OVER. I know people are like WTF another C? But this guy is pretty legit.

He reminds me of a young version of Richards and/or Brown.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I think those days are behind us indeed, exceptions aside.

That's why I was so pissed Dean still drafted a goalie in the 2nd round. It takes years to develop them. When they are ready, you already have your franchise goalie and nobody is willing to give up much for an unproven goalie, despite the numbers and draft pedigree.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:43 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

He'll be traded, and I just hope he's traded to any team but The Canucks.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Package Bernier with Dwight King for the Islanders 1st and Nino Niederreiter.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Package Bernier with Dwight King for the Islanders 1st and Nino Niederreiter.
LOL ... just because DEREK Kings is playing in the Top Six, doesn't mean he IS a Top Six forward but B+ for the effort in thinking outside the box.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:02 PM
johnjm22

The Panthers already have Markstrom.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Most Isles posters seem to think that JB is only worth a 2nd and a "B level prospect". There was also a ridiculous threat of offering JB 4m for 3 years (sure, he would take that) so that we would only get a 1st and a 3rd in compensation.

So a "B level prospect" plus a second round pick is worth a 1st and a 3rd? Sure, sure it is.

Lots of silly offers proposals threats on the trade boards. Lots of very astonishingly wrong minded people too.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

I said back awhile ago ... with the potential GLUT of Goalies on the market this coming off season, don't expect to get as much for Bernier as Dean (and we) had hoped for.

Bernier only slightly upped his stock with his play this season, but there are going to be way too many goalies up for grabs ... that his stock goes down ?

- Ray Emery (CHI)
- Niklas Backstrom (MIN)
- Evgeni Nabkov (NYI)
- Thomas Griess (SJS)
- Nicoli Khabibulin (EDM)
- Mike Smith (PHX)
- Dan Ellis (CAR)
- Jose Theodore (FLA)
- Chris Mason (NAS)
- Anton Khudobin (BOS)
- Roberto Luongo (VAN)
- Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI)
- Jonas Hiller (ANA)

I know it's not going to be popular, and Bernier himself might not like it (oh well tough, suck it up kid ) ... BUT, I can potentially see us keeping Bernier ... might get messy, but this off season might not be the best time to move him ? sign to a short term extension and try again next year or the year after ? after the Goalie market shakes out in our favor. Plus IF we make another deep run, and Bernier just maybe gets his name on the Cup a second time ... maybe he'll accept that there are worse things he could be doing than playing back-up for a perennial Cup contending team ?

Last edited by Puck U: 05-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old
05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I said back awhile ago ... with the potential GLUT of Goalies on the market this coming off season, don't expect to get as much for Bernier as Dean (and we) had hoped for.

Bernier only slightly upped his stock with his play this season, but there are going to be way too many goalies up for grabs ... that his stock goes down ?

- Ray Emery (CHI)
- Niklas Backstrom (MIN)
- Evgeni Nabkov (NYI)
- Thomas Griess (SJS)
- Nicoli Khabibulin (EDM)
- Mike Smith (PHX)
- Dan Ellis (CAR)
- Jose Theodore (FLA)
- Chris Mason (NAS)
- Anton Khudobin (BOS)
- Roberto Luongo (VAN)
- Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI)
- Jonas Hiller (ANA)

I know it's not going to be popular, and Bernier himself might not like it (oh well tough, suck it up kid ) ... BUT, I can potentially see us keeping Bernier ... might get messy, but this off season might not be the best time to move him ? sign to a short term extension and try again next year or the year after ? after the Goalie market shakes out in our favor. Plus IF we make another deep run, and Bernier just maybe gets his name on the Cup a second time ... maybe he'll accept that there are worse things he could be doing than playing back-up for a perennial Cup contending team ?

I don't see the drawback in our keeping Jb for another season if we have to. He is one of the best young goalies in the league and so long as he continues to develop and improve his game we end up with the benefit of his services and he continues to up his value.

If he decides to tank then nobody will want him and it will only hurt his chances of getting dealt.

And while I know that DL wants to take care of JB, a player who done everything asked of him by helping move him along there isn't any reason to make a bad deal in doing so.

If we end up with JB for another year then so be it. If we move him it will be for what we are looking for and really nothing less.

No reason why we should.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:53 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I don't think the market for goalies is very strong at the moment. Quite a few established goalies are rumored to be on the market... I'm hoping Bernie fetches a 1st rounder, but that might be optimistic. I do think he's gonna be traded this off-season though.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Most of the goalies on that list are made up of backup goalies, aging goalies who are towards the tail end of their career, or just goalies who have been disappointments and with ridiculous contracts.

Only three goalies on that list will probably get decent offers, and that's Smith, Backstrom, and Hiller. No team is going to rely on any of the other names on that list, save for maybe Luongo, but that contract will limit Vancouver's options as to where he can be dealt to.

A team like Calgary or New Jersey may look at a younger goalie who can be with them for a very long time.

Closed Thread