HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Now, who is leading the race between Lats and Kost?

View Poll Results: Lats or Kost?
Latendresse 60 33.52%
Kostitsyn 56 31.28%
neck to neck 63 35.20%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
How will the media in Montreal react when Carbo gives them the news???
Well Carbo doesn't seem to have any fear from the media and the fans.... he already said that the fans are not going to make Latendresse making the team !

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Dr_Hook

I'm very happy that Kostitsyn seems to have impressed his last couple of outings; but my money is on Latendresse or neither. I think Kost is bound to start the year in the AHL while Lats has probably earned himself at least the 10 games probation... If everything goes smoothly with the youngters, we shall move some bodies up front later in the season.

But I'll echo Shabutie on this: I wasn't in love with the signing of Samsonov then, and I'm starting to really hate it now !!! For 3,5 big ones, what does he bring that one of our 850 000$ rookies couldn't

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I wasn't in love with the signing of Samsonov then, and I'm starting to really hate it now !!! For 3,5 big ones, what does he bring that one of our 850 000$ rookies couldn't
He hasn't played a game yet.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Can anybody look into making a vBookie event thing that everybody can bet on, who will stay with Montreal: Latendresse or Kostitsyn? if both stay, everyone gets their money back!

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

I know Perez has to clear waivers to be called up, but does Kosty?

I don't want to lose either of them, especially Kosty.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know Perez has to clear waivers to be called up, but does Kosty?

I don't want to lose either of them, especially Kosty.
Perez yes, Kosty no.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
He hasn't played a game yet.
You're not kiddin ! Can somedoby tell him that the camp has actually started

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:56 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

neck to neck to me right now... this game has a big impact to bring up kots in my mind

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:08 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Latendresse hasn't done anything wrong since the camp started. He distributes hits, score goals, places himself in front of the net(kind of things Dagenais should've done). So unless he's a real disappointment in the next games, I don't see how Kost could top Tender on an overall POV.

Gui fills up more team needs than Kost do. I was still a bit suspicious about Gui before this year's camp, but even the hit tonight was good enough for me to at least secure a 10 game try-out with the big club(it showed that he comes in a game ready to tear people up, I like that intensity). And when those 10 games come, I just hope he proves us all that he deserves his spot on that team.

They are not in the same kind of car for that race.

Don't get me wrong again, I like what I hear and see of Kost, I hope he makes the team at one point during the year too. But, right now, we need Gui more than Andrei.

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Souray44

I'm a big fan of both prospects and I think they are both very close to NHL ready if not there already.

Kostitsyn making the team over Latendresse won't be judged based on a single game so this thread is silly considering you only ask the question because Kostitsyn was first star, and had 2 points tonight.

I voted for Kostitsyn based on the fact that he's played a few years in the AHL already and he has a contract.

I think Latendresse is great but it's just easier for Habs brass to go with Kostitsyn.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:19 PM
THECHFAN

14 foward
7 defenseman
2 golies

Christobal huet
David Aebischer

Andrei Markov
Sheldon Souray
Craig Rivet
Mathieu Dandeneault
Mark Streit
Mike Komisarek
Dan Jancevic

Saku Koivu
Chris Higgins
Micheal Ryder
Sergei Samsonov
Mike Ribeiro
Alexei Kovalev
Alexander Perezhogin
Tomas Plekanec
Mike Johnson
Steve Begin
Garth Murray
Radek Bonk
Guillaume Latendresse
Andrei kositsyn

MAYBE TRADE RIBS?

Higgins - koivu - ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Latendresse
Kosytsyn - Begin - Murray

buts i dont think

personally i think Tendre will be cut...

simply because perezhogin cant go to Hamilton he have to pass on waivers!

THECHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:33 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHFAN View Post
Higgins - koivu - ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Latendresse
Kosytsyn - Begin - Murray

buts i dont think

personally i think Tendre will be cut...

simply because perezhogin cant go to Hamilton he have to pass on waivers!
Johnson?

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:37 PM
THECHFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Johnson?

Your right :S

Maybe put on the 4th with begin and kositsyn

THECHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
I've changed my mind, now I think that Tender will have to pull a triple salchow before scoring his next goal if he wants to make the team. But then again, they might think that he's too soft if he pull this off.

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:50 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
But the question is: HOW?
Screw Downey and Murray

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Samsonov-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Begin-Bonk-Lantendresse

Extra: Johnson

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Rivet
Streit-Dandenault

Extra: O'Byrne

Huet
Aebischer

Extra: Danis

That's my solution anyways, it's time for the kids! Last season we had three rookies and so will we this time!

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Somebody said "Trade Ribs."

Well hell freezes over and I say NO. He may have been a jackass in the past, but this year he's working. Tonight he figured neither Kovalev or Samsonov would go in front of the net so he, all 150 pounds soaken wet of his, WENT! That's the first thing Mike Ribeiro ever did that earns a bit of my respect, and damn maybe he got his ego in order.

Kostitsyn is better than Perezhogin. I think he's bigger, he's certainly more physical, and he's got the same skill set. Easy choice here. But I'd keep Perezhogin also if there was a way. I'd keep all three of them wunderkids.

Latendresse is different. The hit tonight is something neither of them, or anybody on our forward corps quite frankly, could do. Maybe Komo or Souray on D could do it if they were really angry. Or Kovalev when Darcy Tucker is involved. But that doesn't count because it was a Bionic Elbow more than a check.

He iced Rob DiMaio. He went out there with a head of steam with one thing on his mind: Send the message that the Habs were there and that they weren't going to be pushed around at home in front of the paying customers, in front of the greats watching from above. That's not a message only opponents hear, but teammates too, and you know what that means? Burgeoning leadership by exemple.

Ok, granted the impact (And the suspension, and the brawl following...) would have been more important has Latendresse iced, I dunno, Lecavalier had he played. But the gesture was there and in the eternal wee-wee measurement game that is hockey, Guillaume stuck out his johnson for all to see tonight.

Now that THAT is in your mind, think about women to cleanse your soul. Jenaveve Jolie, Sativa Rose, Destiny Deville, Selen, Celine Dion, Mae Young, whatever rows your boat.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I'm very happy that Kostitsyn seems to have impressed his last couple of outings; but my money is on Latendresse or neither. I think Kost is bound to start the year in the AHL while Lats has probably earned himself at least the 10 games probation... If everything goes smoothly with the youngters, we shall move some bodies up front later in the season.

But I'll echo Shabutie on this: I wasn't in love with the signing of Samsonov then, and I'm starting to really hate it now !!! For 3,5 big ones, what does he bring that one of our 850 000$ rookies couldn't
Good lord, it's the pre-season. Let's until the real season starts before we go crazy. What does he bring with 3.5 million that our rookies don't? Hmm season highs of 75 points and an average of at least 60 points. Remember how we all thought Perez was ready for the big show and after a 20 stint, he burned out?

Pre-season is fun and all but a very poor indicator of what will happen once the real teams start playing. Kirill Kolstov was a pre-season champ and look at him during actual real season conditions.

I believe that Kost is the most impressive but I would put money on Lats or neither cuz Kost can't play the four line role like Gui can despite his defensive laspes.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:58 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Somebody said "Trade Ribs."

Well hell freezes over and I say NO. He may have been a jackass in the past, but this year he's working. Tonight he figured neither Kovalev or Samsonov would go in front of the net so he, all 150 pounds soaken wet of his, WENT! That's the first thing Mike Ribeiro ever did that earns a bit of my respect, and damn maybe he got his ego in order.

Kostitsyn is better than Perezhogin. I think he's bigger, he's certainly more physical, and he's got the same skill set. Easy choice here. But I'd keep Perezhogin also if there was a way. I'd keep all three of them wunderkids.

Latendresse is different. The hit tonight is something neither of them, or anybody on our forward corps quite frankly, could do. Maybe Komo or Souray on D could do it if they were really angry. Or Kovalev when Darcy Tucker is involved. But that doesn't count because it was a Bionic Elbow more than a check.

He iced Rob DiMaio. He went out there with a head of steam with one thing on his mind: Send the message that the Habs were there and that they weren't going to be pushed around at home in front of the paying customers, in front of the greats watching from above. That's not a message only opponents hear, but teammates too, and you know what that means? Burgeoning leadership by exemple.

Ok, granted the impact (And the suspension, and the brawl following...) would have been more important has Latendresse iced, I dunno, Lecavalier had he played. But the gesture was there and in the eternal wee-wee measurement game that is hockey, Guillaume stuck out his johnson for all to see tonight.

Now that THAT is in your mind, think about women to cleanse your soul. Jenaveve Jolie, Sativa Rose, Destiny Deville, Selen, Celine Dion, Mae Young, whatever rows your boat.
Who is Mae Young?
never mind I will google it

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
And you'll regret Googling it.

BURN!

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:09 AM
marvelousmotion

I was one of the guys that were not going nuts when we signed Samsonov. I knew that he was a good speedy winger, but at the same time, he took a roster spot away from our rookies. Perezhogin, Kostitsyn and Latendresse are all NHL ready imo.
Latendresse brings something that we lack, Perezhogin still has some untaped potential and Kostitsyn has top-line material attributes/skills.

The only solution I see is trading Perezhogin away but not at any price. Only if we can package him to fetch a good defenceman in return.

But for now, realistically speaking, I would take Kostitsyn over Latendresse if we're not ready to aim at the cup this season. That way, we'll have Lats' rights one more year. Perezhogin is a lock on the team for now, we can't send him down, he won't clear waivers and no way in hell we're letting him go without receiving something valuable in return.

But the other side of me, I want Latendresse to make the team this year. I want the Habs to be competitive now. I want to see action, run for the cup. Contrary to other years, this season, I'm willing to trade our rookies to improve our team if needed (especially for a defenceman). In other words, I want the Habs to WIN.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:34 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I thought maybe a hot Chinese chick

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:11 AM
HappyPappy

I wasn't very impressed by Kostitsyn on saturday, he seemed very lazy and rarely skated at full speed, I didn't see the game tonight though. Two things I know is that Latendresse is our leading score in pre-season this year and I believe he also lead last year before he got cut. He made Bonk look good last year and made Ribeiro look good this year, how many other players have done that?

There is no way Latendresse can be sent back to the Q, it will be a wasted year since he is not the kind of skilled player that will dominate a league (put Ryder in the Q with Drumondville and he won't lead the league in scoring).

HappyPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe27 View Post
I wasn't very impressed by Kostitsyn on saturday, he seemed very lazy and rarely skated at full speed, I didn't see the game tonight though. Two things I know is that Latendresse is our leading score in pre-season this year and I believe he also lead last year before he got cut. He made Bonk look good last year and made Ribeiro look good this year, how many other players have done that?

There is no way Latendresse can be sent back to the Q, it will be a wasted year since he is not the kind of skilled player that will dominate a league (put Ryder in the Q with Drumondville and he won't lead the league in scoring).
Is Lats really leading the team in points?

Is there a site with updates pre-season scoring stats?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe27 View Post

Against AHL like teams..

Lats has to prove he can do as well against NHL teams.. I'm not that sour he got a game penalty tonight. He has 2 whole games against real NHL teams to show what he can do... I think it would have been unfair to him if he played a so so game tonight.. 4 games in 5 nights is a lot.. specially when you're physical as he is.

The next two games will be intersting, can't wait

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:35 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Screw Downey and Murray

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Samsonov-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Begin-Bonk-Lantendresse

Extra: Johnson

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Rivet
Streit-Dandenault

Extra: O'Byrne

Huet
Aebischer

Extra: Danis

That's my solution anyways, it's time for the kids! Last season we had three rookies and so will we this time!
I think you might be right. Either this or a trade.

You know when Ribeiro did that little man act after knocking down Alexeev, that really got on my nerves... he just doesn't have any sense of proportion. You can't act like an NFL linebacker if you are a little guy who has caught a bigger player by surprise. It's embarrassing for the team and other teams will put that on their bulletin board. I'm tired of him doing that. He's matured a lot off the ice, let's see him grow up ON the ice now.

I'd like to see both Murray AND Latendresse on the team though. We need size!

Seeing Streit's name in the lineup gives me the shakes too...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote