HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM
  #26
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,570
vCash: 500
titans will continue to suck.. locker won't hack it as a franchise QB.. mediocre and that's it

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:43 AM
  #27
Mercalius
Registered User
 
Mercalius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Grizzlies took a pivotal game 5 in LA tonight to make the series 3-2. Have a chance to end the series on home court.

Mercalius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  #28
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercalius View Post
Grizzlies took a pivotal game 5 in LA tonight to make the series 3-2. Have a chance to end the series on home court.
Sorry, no one around here (read Middle Tennessee) gives a flying **** about anything Memphis

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  #29
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Sorry, no one around here (read Middle Tennessee) gives a flying **** about anything Memphis
I don't know why it's this way but it is, completely.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:48 PM
  #30
The PH Factor
Registered User
 
The PH Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
I went to Memphis last year and this guy started up a conversation with my friend and myself at a restaurant downtown. After a couple of exchanges he asks where we're from. When we say Nashville he goes "Ya'll (Nashvillians) are too uptight to really enjoy Memphis!"

So yeah, there's a fair bit of animus there.

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:47 PM
  #31
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,277
vCash: 500
It's funny to see two cities in the same region, same state relatively the same size that are so different. It's just a different vibe.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:43 AM
  #32
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercalius View Post
Grizzlies took a pivotal game 5 in LA tonight to make the series 3-2. Have a chance to end the series on home court.
Hope they can do it!

I'm not a basketball fan, but I look at the standings from time to time to see where Memphis is at. I like to see a team from TN doing something good. And because they came from Vancouver I especially want them to do well here.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
  #33
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
I just came from the Titans caravan here in Crossville. I don't understand why the Preds do not do more of this. They never leave Nashville for their stops if they make any at all.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 03:12 PM
  #34
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Vanderbilt 2013 SEC baseball champions!!!

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 04:43 PM
  #35
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I just came from the Titans caravan here in Crossville. I don't understand why the Preds do not do more of this. They never leave Nashville for their stops if they make any at all.
they used to do it every fall. My son and I met Adam Hall and Vokoun in Clarksville back in 2001 or 2002.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 06:33 PM
  #36
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
they used to do it every fall. My son and I met Adam Hall and Vokoun in Clarksville back in 2001 or 2002.
I remember those days but the team needs to start doing these again and go to more areas of middle TN. than just the suburbs

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:56 AM
  #37
Mercalius
Registered User
 
Mercalius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Memphis beat OKC tonight to take a 3-1 series advantage. Huge win for the Grizzlies.

Mercalius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 11:35 PM
  #38
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,742
vCash: 50
Memphis advances to their first ever Western Conference Final tonight.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:31 AM
  #39
Mercalius
Registered User
 
Mercalius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Memphis advances to their first ever Western Conference Final tonight.
Wait now, I got blasted for supporting them a week or so ago when they were about to edge past the Clippers

Really though, huge win tonight - and I'm so stoked that the franchise is reaching a milestone it never has before. Having lived in Memphis and Middle TN both, I've always been annoyed by the rivalry that's existed between the two areas - naturally, the national bandwagon is going to run with some Grizzlies hype from here on out (after taking out the Clips and Thunder, both supposed title contenders weeks ago), but I'd really like, naively, for all of TN to get behind the home team. I know Memphis isn't Nashville. Hell, it's not even Murfreesboro or Cool Springs, but it's its own little special slice of Tennessee. The BBQ, Beale Street, Memphis in May, Gus's Chicken (to die for)...geographical preferences aside, I think any native of the state has some appreciation of the above. Let's show some support for the basketball team reaching a milestone they've never achieved before, and hope for the best. It's best for the city, best for the state, and will go a long, long way to making the hockey offseason go by a lot faster.


Last edited by Mercalius: 05-16-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Mercalius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:11 AM
  #40
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercalius View Post
Wait now, I got blasted for supporting them a week or so ago when they were about to edge past the Clippers

Really though, huge win tonight - and I'm so stoked that the franchise is reaching a milestone it never has before. Having lived in Memphis and Middle TN both, I've always been annoyed by the rivalry that's existed between the two areas - naturally, the national bandwagon is going to run with some Grizzlies hype from here on out (after taking out the Clips and Thunder, both supposed title contenders weeks ago), but I'd really like, naively, for all of TN to get behind the home team. I know Memphis isn't Nashville. Hell, it's not even Murfreesboro or Cool Springs, but it's its own little special slice of Tennessee. The BBQ, Beale Street, Memphis in May, Gus's Chicken (to die for)...geographical preferences aside, I think any native of the state has some appreciation of the above. Let's show some support for the basketball team reaching a milestone they've never achieved before, and hope for the best. It's best for the city, best for the state, and will go a long, long way to making the hockey offseason go by a lot faster.
Huge Grizz fan and couldn't be happier to see the team achieving this kind of success. Hope they can give a real strong show in the WCF and find a way to face Miami in Finals.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:04 PM
  #41
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,742
vCash: 50
I've been a Grizzlies fan since their Vancouver days...never could get into the Raps, so when Vancouver got screwed I pretty much inherited Memphis as my "team" - whenever I felt like following the NBA, anyways.

Chances are they're facing the Spurs next, and if they can repeat their series win from two years ago, we're looking at a Grizzlies team in the NBA Finals!

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:17 PM
  #42
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I've been a Grizzlies fan since their Vancouver days...never could get into the Raps, so when Vancouver got screwed I pretty much inherited Memphis as my "team" - whenever I felt like following the NBA, anyways.

Chances are they're facing the Spurs next, and if they can repeat their series win from two years ago, we're looking at a Grizzlies team in the NBA Finals!
You won't get many Nashvillians cheering for the Grizzlies, due to their pent up frustration/anger/piss & vinegar due to the fact that Nashville has got the Titans & the Predators.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:51 PM
  #43
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,419
vCash: 500
It's great to see the Grizzlies succeeding, and from what I've seen of them this year, they have a fantastic team. Gasol is one of the best big men in the league, Mike Conley has made major strides to get better, and they play a team-oriented brand of basketball with heavy emphasis on defense that makes them an enjoyable contrast from the three-dunk-three-dunk show the NBA has devolved into. In terms of getting coverage here, though, Memphis and Nashville might as well be on different planets. The NBA in general is an afterthought in Middle Tennessee media.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:32 AM
  #44
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
The NBA in general is an afterthought in Middle Tennessee media.
Except for Clay Travis. I think he has NBA basketball #3 on his list of favorite things behind 1.-what color the alabama punter's feces is and 2-catfights. Somewhere around 2164614346 is the NHL and Preds, right below basket weaving and watching paint dry

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
  #45
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,344
vCash: 500
Memphis down 2-0


Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:54 PM
  #46
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,577
vCash: 500
the preds have never been down 3-0 in a series, no?

Nitrous Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:08 PM
  #47
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
the preds have never been down 3-0 in a series, no?
Don't believe so,...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 06:37 PM
  #48
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,419
vCash: 500
ETSU is going to its first NCAA baseball tournament in 32 years. They whipped Kennesaw State 7-2 today to win the Atlantic Sun title.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 06:58 PM
  #49
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
ETSU is going to its first NCAA baseball tournament in 32 years. They whipped Kennesaw State 7-2 today to win the Atlantic Sun title.
Calling the game?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 07:26 PM
  #50
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Calling the game?
No, we won't be hosting, and I no longer attend ETSU. Diploma pickup starts Tuesday.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.