HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal - Leafs & Oil

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 08:36 AM
MCP

vCash: 500
Proposal - Leafs & Oil

Kaberle, Antropov & Tucker

Brewer & Smyth

Kabs smooth skating and passing would fit in nicely, Tucker is scrappy player capable of 2nd line duty and is on pace for 30 goals.. Antropov is a gamble.

Bash away!

Old
12-31-2003, 08:39 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Not to bad, but I doubt either side would be interested in such a team altering deal.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:39 AM
t0mf00lery

I couldn't stomach having to cheer for the team that Tucker plays for.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:40 AM
Mr Sakich

nothing to bash because it is pretty fair value. I luv brewer but Kaberle is a very very good dman. I wish he was more physical but then he would be a norris candidate.

The dollrs work for the oilers but there are a couple of problems:

1 I hate Tucker and do not want him on my time. IO would rather lose without him than win with him.

2 I don't like the leafs and it would make me cry to see Mr Oiler (smyth) wearing their uniform. It would represent everything that is wrong with the current state of the game.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:49 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP

Brewer & Smyth

Kabs smooth skating and passing would fit in nicely, Tucker is scrappy player capable of 2nd line duty and is on pace for 30 goals.. Antropov is a gamble.

Bash away!

I wouldn't be happy with this deal. Our 2 Canadian Olympians dealt away for Euro's and a plugger. Yack. Not that the value isn't fair but it goes against what we are building here.

For those 2 players in one deal we better be getting a game breaker in return.

Which we can't afford.

*sigh*

Old
12-31-2003, 08:51 AM
Slats432

Every couple of months a Leaf fan comes over to suggest that Tucker gets shipped to Edmonton for so and so.

If Tucker ever plays for the Oil, I will cheer for someone else.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:52 AM
Lowetide

Excellent trade idea. I like all three players coming back alot, and I'd love to see Tucker as an Oiler. He'd stir up so much crap Laraque would have a waiting list when he got out there. Kaberle is not my favourite "type" of defender, but he's a really good one and would certainly elevate the powerplay. Antropov I've always liked, and the value coming back is strong enough that even if he plays 50 games a season it wouldn't be disastrous.

I think this is the best offer from a non-Oiler poster in the history of OIler HF. Lordy. MCP, I'm impressed.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:54 AM
wasting time

How about Kaberle, Colaiacovo, Antropov and Domi? or take Belak or Perrott of you want a budget conscious enforcer.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:56 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Excellent trade idea. I like all three players coming back alot, and I'd love to see Tucker as an Oiler. He'd stir up so much crap Laraque would have a waiting list when he got out there. Kaberle is not my favourite "type" of defender, but he's a really good one and would certainly elevate the powerplay. Antropov I've always liked, and the value coming back is strong enough that even if he plays 50 games a season it wouldn't be disastrous.

I think this is the best offer from a non-Oiler poster in the history of OIler HF. Lordy. MCP, I'm impressed.

If you want someone who will actually drop the gloves, then take any one of our 3 enforcers and unload Laroque, I would say. Plus Domi is better hockey player than is Laroque.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:59 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
If you want someone who will actually drop the gloves, then take any one of our 3 enforcers and unload Laroque, I would say. Plus Domi is better hockey player than is Laroque.
Ya, and Domi is a dirty no good idiot. He takes bad penalties to often. Just because we want somebody who is more rumbustious it doesn't mean we want somebody on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:01 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Ya, and Domi is a dirty no good idiot. He takes bad penalties to often. Just because we want somebody who is more rumbustious it doesn't mean we want somebody on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.
he's better than he used to be on the penalty front.

Now if you want bad penalties, let's talk Belak.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:15 AM
MCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide

Hey, thanks... I've heard talk of Havlat & Volchenkov for Smyth & Brewer.. Does that sound better than the (hypothetical) Leaf offer?

Old
12-31-2003, 09:51 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
He also makes over $1 million more, and would be our second highest paid forward.

That gets a big ol' BLAH

Old
12-31-2003, 09:59 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP
Hey, thanks... I've heard talk of Havlat & Volchenkov for Smyth & Brewer.. Does that sound better than the (hypothetical) Leaf offer?
Sure, I like that trade better, but it won't happen. Ottawa has no history of dealing off their young players for older ones. Toronto on the other hand is probably going for broke, one last shot at the Cup.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:15 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Everyone knows my opinion of Tucker...

<b>BUT</b>, I always said that if the guy could take his head out of his rear and focus on hockey, he would be a much better player. He has done that so far, and I can see myself changing from my earlier stances on him...

But Kaberle is a significant downgrade from Brewer. Yes he gets more points, but he is significantly more irritating. If you think Brewer doesn't fulfill his potential, Kaberle will drive you batty.

Old
12-31-2003, 01:43 PM
SerbianEagle

I don't mind Tucker, but that pos Domi I couldn't and wouldn't stand. I'd still cheer for Edmonton, but for as long as that horrible science experiment gone wrong Domi was here I wouldn't buy a ticket for an Oilers game.

Old
12-31-2003, 02:17 PM
wasting time

The fourth period is reporting that Brewer may be on the block for some offense. And Laroque is on the block.

Colaiacovo, Antropov, Jackman & Perrott

for

Brewer and Stoll

then Edmonton can unload Laroque for a 6th round draft pick or something.

Jackman would fit into the Oiler top 6 and would definately be a downgrade from Brewer, but then you get Antropov for the offense Lowe apparently wants. Perrott is a good enforcer who is the fastest skater on the Leafs apparently. Colaiacovo is the Leafs #1 prospect and the leading scorer from the World Juniors last year and is the definite #1 D man for the Baby Buds.

Old
12-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP

Brewer & Smyth

Bash away!

Antropov is quite injury-prone..I dont want him on the Oilers..i;d rather have Smyth over Tucker, Smyth is the heart & soul of the Oilers..Kaberle isn't physical enough, but would provide a much needed offensive d-man on the back-end, but Brewer has been exceptional over the last little bit & wouldn't want to trade him at this point, not while he's doing really well.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:56 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Gee, I wonder why.

Explain that please!

Old
01-01-2004, 09:23 PM
kruezer

Quote:
The fourth period is reporting that Brewer may be on the block for some offense. And Laroque is on the block.

Colaiacovo, Antropov, Jackman & Perrott

for

Brewer and Stoll

then Edmonton can unload Laroque for a 6th round draft pick or something.

Jackman would fit into the Oiler top 6 and would definately be a downgrade from Brewer, but then you get Antropov for the offense Lowe apparently wants. Perrott is a good enforcer who is the fastest skater on the Leafs apparently. Colaiacovo is the Leafs #1 prospect and the leading scorer from the World Juniors last year and is the definite #1 D man for the Baby Buds.
I'd do that deal from an Oiler standpoint, but it probably wouldn't happen 'til the deadline IMO.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:42 PM
krooky

Tucker would never fit in with the Oil. His whining and childlike behaviour might go over on a team like the Leafs but I don't think any of the Oilers would put up with that little #ITCH.

Old
01-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP

Brewer & Smyth

Bash away!
I agree with Lowetide, not a bad trade at all for value. Unfortunately I honestly admit that I do dislike Tucker personally. But he is a good player with an edge and can score 30 goals which is pretty rare on the Oil. Antropov can certainly be one of our top two centremen (which we need) and Tucker would be an adequate replacement for Smyth (does he play LW or RW)? However the problem is that a lot of us Oil fans see Kaberle as a downgrade on Brewer. He certainly adds a nice skill level to the defense but we're already weak on D.

Old
01-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

With the way Brewer and Smyth have been playing lately, I would flush every trade rumor involving them down the crapper.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
But he is a good player with an edge and can score 30 goals which is pretty rare on the Oil.
He has never scored more than 24, and has mostly hovered around 15. Offensively, that sounds like quite a few guys on the Oilers - just about good enough to be a goal-scoring threat.

Closed Thread