HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 06:23 PM
MTLSandman*

vCash: 500
Watch the games, then make judgements. If you knew anything about hockey you would know that a goalie needs SOME help. Even when we say a goalie carried his team, he has some type of defense or scoring support. Watching the games and looking at what he could have done differently on each goal, can tell you whether he had a good season or not... Not looking at where the team finishes and saying "Lol he sucks they finished last!!!".

If you actually read my entire post and commented on the entire thing you would see why what you just said is the dumb mentality that drives these stupid trade talks.

Go play some hockey, some competitive high level hockey, then actually watch the games.

After that, ill take your judgement with some credibility.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLSandman View Post
Watch the games, then make judgements. If you knew anything about hockey you would know that a goalie needs SOME help. Even when we say a goalie carried his team, he has some type of defense or scoring support. Watching the games and looking at what he could have done differently on each goal, can tell you whether he had a good season or not... Not looking at where the team finishes and saying "Lol he sucks they finished last!!!".

If you actually read my entire post and commented on the entire thing you would see why what you just said is the dumb mentality that drives these stupid trade talks.

Go play some hockey, some competitive high level hockey, then actually watch the games.

After that, ill take your judgement with some credibility.
I watched every single game. I'm not saying he is the reason we finished 15th but to put him at 9/10 ...that's almost perfect lol

He was hardly perfect, I would give him 7/10 that year.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Traitor8

There's a lot of double standards in this thread.

Halak looks good in STL --> Hitchcock's system favors goalies.
All STL goalies looked like **** to average this year ---> wow these goalies really suck, what is Halak doing now?

Old
05-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
I'm not hating ..it's well accepted that our goalies (Price and Budaj) played like **** and lost us games or didn't do enough to win a game.

Game 1 - Lost by Price, Anderson amazing
Game 2 - Price very good, 1st star
Game 3 - Price not good enough, average or below average.
Game 4 - Price flopping list fish on 2nd goal + Budaj choke job
Game 5 - Budaj choke job

We dominated Ottawa in large parts of games this series.

Enough with this we made Anderson look good.. Anderson has looked good for 6 years now, facing or without facing the habs! He's elite, get use to it!
Price is horrible Anderson is god, we get it.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Price is horrible Anderson is god, we get it.
Where did I say that?

Price has a .894 save % this series. Budaj had a .775 save % this year.

Anderson has .950 save %

you really think Goaltending had nothing to do with the results this series??

Anderson is a REAL top 5 goalie in the league

Old
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
If people want to see D-Man turn the puck over, look at Washington vs NYR live on TSN.... Holtby keeping WSH in it.
Basically. Holtby standing on his head, but Holtby is a playoff performer. He's the type of goalie that can focus for long periods of time...which is what you need in the playoffs. Price at this point in time is not that kind of goalie.

There has been some good goaltending in the playoffs...as usual. The poor goaltending was Fleury who was benched, Nabakov who is sitting at home and Price who is also sitting at home.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:32 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
I watched every single game. I'm not saying he is the reason we finished 15th but to put him at 9/10 ...that's almost perfect lol

He was hardly perfect, I would give him 7/10 that year.
The fact that you give him a 7 that year just proved to me you didn't watch the team play all season, or you're just a blind hater... Or maybe you have no knowledge of how hockey works? Idk, either way, there's obviously no way of convincing you, keep on hating buddy, but I have bad news for you... Price is here to stay. So either change team or change your obvious hate cause he's not going anywhere , and rightfully so!

Old
05-12-2013, 06:33 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
The fact that you give him a 7 that year just proved to me you didn't watch the team play all season, or you're just a blind hater... Or maybe you have no knowledge of how hockey works? Idk, either way, there's obviously no way of convincing you, keep on hating buddy, but I have bad news for you... Price is here to stay. So either change team or change your obvious hate cause he's not going anywhere , and rightfully so!
No. YOU have no idea what you're talking about. LOL at 9/10. Step your standards up.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
We blew many third period leads that year. There's no way that Price had nothing to do with some of them. He is hardly to blame for being 15th in the East but to give him an almost perfect grade is RIDICULOUS at best! When you give someone a grade of 90%, you are basically saying he played almost to PERFECTION.

"Price is here to stay so you better cheer for another team" ... HEH? What kind of .. I can't even ... so because I believe that this guy is overrated and won't lead OUR TEAM to the Stanley Cup parade, I have to change teams? LOL

A fan is not necessarily someone who cheers for anything that his management team does. I can be unbiased and say well I think this guy is overrated (Price) or this guy sucks (Desharnais) or this guy is useless (Moen) and we should trade him. I can also say I like these guys, they will do well (Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher). I don't have to blindly cheer for DECISIONS that I believe are wrong.

I believe Price won't be here by September 2014.

Old
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Where did I say that?

Anderson has .950 save %

This season? Yes, absolutely.

A few minor corrections to your game-by-game logs.

Game 1: agreed.
Game 2: Price was AMAZING, not just "good."
Game 3: Team scored one goal. One.
Game 4: Team sat back and stopped playing. Price faced what? 14-15 shots in that period alone?
Game 5: Again, team scored one goal. One.

You put so much emphasis on the goalie, yet no blame is put on offense scoring four goals in the three other games the Habs lost. You place no blame on the defense for giving up so many odd-man rushes. I'd like to know; why?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
Aceekay

Quote:
Where did I say that?

Anderson has .950 save %

Goaltending did have a part to play in this series and Anderson did play better than price, but Anderson was hardly ever challenged with quality scoring chances and was rarely screened. We simply made it too easy for Anderson. This series wasn't lost on carey price, not even close.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Price was mediocre last year as well. It makes for a nice narrative to claim he was awesome, but the team sucked, he was part of the reason the team sucked.

Like traitor already said, you give him 9/10 with a last place finish, if we made the playoffs you'd probably give him 22-10. You people make no sense, he's been bad, it's not you, it's him, stop defending him, him being bad in net doesn't hurt you at all. Stop making excuses for him.

He is the most overrated player in the entire NHL, and most certainly the most overrated goalie AINEC.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Flyinghab

Quote:
I'm not hating ..it's well accepted that our goalies (Price and Budaj) played like **** and lost us games or didn't do enough to win a game.

Game 1 - Lost by Price, Anderson amazing
Game 2 - Price very good, 1st star
Game 3 - Price not good enough, average or below average.
Game 4 - Price flopping list fish on 2nd goal + Budaj choke job
Game 5 - Budaj choke job

We dominated Ottawa in large parts of games this series.

Enough with this we made Anderson look good.. Anderson has looked good for 6 years now, facing or without facing the habs! He's elite, get use to it!
I disagree with your assessment of game 4. Price played well. The entire team was scrambling on that goal. He had five or six players in or around him on that goal.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
This season? Yes, absolutely.

A few minor corrections to your game-by-game logs.

Game 1: agreed.
Game 2: Price was AMAZING, not just "good."
Game 3: Team scored one goal. One.
Game 4: Team sat back and stopped playing. Price faced what? 14-15 shots in that period alone?
Game 5: Again, team scored one goal. One.

You put so much emphasis on the goalie, yet no blame is put on offense scoring four goals in the three other games the Habs lost. You place no blame on the defense for giving up so many odd-man rushes. I'd like to know; why?
Don't just look at goal scored and look at the actual game. Game 5, habs came out like LIONS and then Budaj gave up a stinker ..it kills your momentum... HABS then bounce back and attacking like crazy, Budaj can't make the save and it's 2-0. It kills you as a team.

Game 3... it's 2-1 ottawa, they walk in, throw a normal shot and it goes in in the 3rd ...3-1 game over. Price saves it and we have a chance but he didn't.

Anderson came up with big saves all series, Price didn't.

Game 4 - Nobody cares, Anderson faced 21 or 26 shots in one period as well ..he kept the team in it. Price blew a 2-0 lead (I only blame the 2nd goal on him) and the Budaj goal in OT was HORRIFYING. We should have easily won that game.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
couris

The worst goalie of the playoffs with Fleury. No excuses.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghab View Post
I disagree with your assessment of game 4. Price played well. The entire team was scrambling on that goal. He had five or six players in or around him on that goal.
I've never seen a goalie go completely right out of his net and then completely left and then starts flopping not knowing where the puck is.

If you don't know where the puck is, go back in ur net ..cover the lower part and start looking at the puck. Don't just slide side to side, leaving half your net empty and all the lower part empty.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Flyinghab

That pass by Alfie on the second goal was sick, I give full marks to him on it. Price didn't see it and the D were too busy scrambling. I know we lost but Price played really well.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Don't just look at goal scored and look at the actual game. Game 5, habs came out like LIONS and then Budaj gave up a stinker ..it kills your momentum... HABS then bounce back and attacking like crazy, Budaj can't make the save and it's 2-0. It kills you as a team.

Game 3... it's 2-1 ottawa, they walk in, throw a normal shot and it goes in in the 3rd ...3-1 game over. Price saves it and we have a chance but he didn't.

Anderson came up with big saves all series, Price didn't.

Game 4 - Nobody cares, Anderson faced 21 or 26 shots in one period as well ..he kept the team in it. Price blew a 2-0 lead (I only blame the 2nd goal on him) and the Budaj goal in OT was HORRIFYING. We should have easily won that game.
Yet... In the 4th game Price kept us in the game for two consecutive periods and the team just gave up, don't blame this on him for christ sake, the team just sat back and watched. They stopped playing. Same thing could be said for the 3rd game(This one was totally horrible.)

There's one game where he played poorly and its the first one.

But yet again... How was the freaking offense in this game ? 50 shots... 50 SHOTS ? 50 shots I couldve made. Not 50 chances, 50 weak, far and ugly shots.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:51 PM
ReppingMTL

Quote:
It's impossible that a goalie is so good ..gets 9/10 and yet the team finishes 15th. It just doesn't happen. Have you heard of goalies carrying their team into the playoffs? If Price got the habs to 8th with that team, what would you give him 15/10? lol ...9/10 get REAL!
Lol you are absolutely senile, if you think another goalie could have brought us into playoffs last year. The fact that you will not acknowledge Price was the only reason we were even considered in a NHL team last year is mind boggling.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Lol you are absolutely senile, if you think another goalie could have brought us into playoffs last year. The fact that you will not acknowledge Price was the only reason we were even considered in a NHL team last year is mind boggling.
Did I say another goalie would have brought us into the playoffs?

I said you can't give 9/10 because you're saying Price was almost perfect that year but you can't possibly think Price was almost perfect. If we finished 12th, you would have given Price 10/10? You can't possibly give a goalie 9/10 when his team finishes 15th. That's beyond ridiculous

Old
05-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yet... In the 4th game Price kept us in the game for two consecutive periods and the team just gave up, don't blame this on him for christ sake, the team just sat back and watched. They stopped playing. Same thing could be said for the 3rd game(This one was totally horrible.)

But yet again... How was the freaking offense in this game ? 50 shots... 50 SHOTS ? 50 shots I couldve made. Not 50 chances, 50 weak, far and ugly shots.
Anderson faces weak, ugly, far shots.

Price faces amazing hardcore sensational two on 1's all the time.

GOT IT!

Old
05-12-2013, 06:59 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

You don't watch much hockey, do you? There are so many instances where teams get outplayed yet the goalie shuts the door. Hell, it happened in game 1. Ottawa had no business winning that game. But they did. Look at Holtby throughout his short playoff career. He has won or kept Washington in games they have had no business winning.

I don't see that from Price.

We outplayed Ottawa for most of the series...yet they had the better goaltending and that's really all there is to say.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Anderson faces weak, ugly, far shots.

Price faces amazing hardcore sensational two on 1's all the time.

GOT IT!
Dude any statistician will tell you that stats lie. You need to do more than just look at numbers.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Traitor8

NYR scores once. they win game.

Price fans: "Price had no support ...team only scored 2 goals"

Old
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Dude any statistician will tell you that stats lie. You need to do more than just look at numbers.
All I said was Anderson played better and if we switched goalies, we would have won this series.

but people seem to believe we made Anderson looked good and he's average, all our shots are weak ...bla bla bla bla ..

Closed Thread