HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is Alexei Yemelin?

Old
09-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Lafontaine

vCash: 500
Where is Alexei Yemelin?

What is the story with him? Do we still own him? Was it a Russian trasfer agreement problem... Any chance of him showing up this year? Surely he has the potential to offer more to the club as our 6th defensemen than the current group of potzers do.

Lafontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
kostybros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine View Post
What is the story with him? Do we still own him? Was it a Russian trasfer agreement problem... Any chance of him showing up this year? Surely he has the potential to offer more to the club as our 6th defensemen than the current group of potzers do.
he signed this year a contract with his club for 2 years. he'll stay there 100% for this year and we would have to pay for his transfer if HE WANTS to come over next year because we'll need him.

kostybros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 09:56 PM
albertonhabsfan

would he be a good fit NOW?

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 10:20 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Possibly he was the best d man in the World Juniours last year for sure.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:06 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine View Post
He's currently under contract with Lada Togliatti in the RSL till April 30, 2008. We onw his right till June 1, 2008.

He's staying in Russia this year, but maybe he will come next year

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:19 AM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
I know it's not that important but i just wanted to point out that it's Emelin and not Yemelin...

In Russian, E is pronounced Ye... for instance, Evgeni = Yevgeni

furax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:22 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by furax View Post
I know it's not that important but i just wanted to point out that it's Emelin and not Yemelin...

Actually, the names writing ARE very important

Old
09-27-2006, 01:55 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Please, get this guy over here as soon as possible. The best defensive prospect in our system, hands down.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Please, get this guy over here as soon as possible. The best defensive prospect in our system, hands down.
Agreed. I was really hoping he would come over this past Summer, but oh well.

He already plays a kind of North American style game, so spending one more year in the RSL is not likely to be detrimental to his development. And I can understand him not being all that eager to jump across the pond when in Russia he's a star, and is being coached by his dad.

But I do hope he wants to come to North America, and that he'll consider getting out of his contract in 2007 to come to Habs camp, especially with the prospect of losing some combination of Souray, Rivet, and/or Markov to free agency.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 01:58 AM
kostitsyn fan

white snakes

im curious to see what white snakes think about him because i think is the best out of here to evaluate the prospect...

kostitsyn fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 08:19 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Damn, 2 years to wait till he comes... , unless he pulls a Malkin

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 09:08 AM
ti-vite

I think his father is his coach...could make it difficult.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
I think his father is his coach...could make it difficult.
correct, he's even assistant captain

Old
09-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogins scouter View Post
im curious to see what white snakes think about him because i think is the best out of here to evaluate the prospect...
I'm definately not. Montreal is, BG is as well and most of our regulars are too. Most of the people in here would be good if they had the pleasure in seeing guys for a long period of time and more importantly consecutively. That's the privilege I had at the Dev. Camp.

As far as Emelin is concerned, as strange as it may sounds and with what I've seen of him so far, I'm pretty sure that what you see is what you'll be getting as far as his offensive game is concerned. Defensively while on the smallish side, he would have been perfect....in the OLD NHL. Will need, and I do think he will, to make adjustements as far as being more disciplined, let the hooking and grabbing in Russia and play a physical but yet using his smarts to outplay the opponent, the same way Markov do. And I'm pretty sure he will as soon as he gets here!!!! Great prospect to say the least!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 10:49 AM
SOLR

Hes small and you can compare him to Darius Kasparitis. Intense, play big, showed some surprising offensive abilities in the last months.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogy View Post
he signed this year a contract with his club for 2 years. he'll stay there 100% for this year and we would have to pay for his transfer if HE WANTS to come over next year because we'll need him.
No, we wouldn't have to pay anything because there is no transfer agreement in place, so players can come over for free even when under contract, like Ovechkin.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by furax View Post

Well that's up to him to decide. In Russian, it's probably Emeluh, so if he wants it spelled so that it is pronounced like it's written in English, then he could want it to be spelled Yaymaylinn for all we know. It's up to him to decide.

Perezhogin could ask to be spelled nepe)|(oruh if he wanted.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm definately not. Montreal is, BG is as well and most of our regulars are too. Most of the people in here would be good if they had the pleasure in seeing guys for a long period of time and more importantly consecutively. That's the privilege I had at the Dev. Camp.

As far as Emelin is concerned, as strange as it may sounds and with what I've seen of him so far, I'm pretty sure that what you see is what you'll be getting as far as his offensive game is concerned. Defensively while on the smallish side, he would have been perfect....in the OLD NHL. Will need, and I do think he will, to make adjustements as far as being more disciplined, let the hooking and grabbing in Russia and play a physical but yet using his smarts to outplay the opponent, the same way Markov do. And I'm pretty sure he will as soon as he gets here!!!! Great prospect to say the least!
I don't think that's a fair statement at all. Emelin is an excellent skater and plays the positional game very well... He does take a lot of penalties and plays ultra agressive but he can excel in the new NHL.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
24cups1team

Send a message via MSN to 24cups1team
has he had any interviews where he mentioned playing for the habs or about his future??

24cups1team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I don't think that's a fair statement at all. Emelin is an excellent skater and plays the positional game very well... He does take a lot of penalties and plays ultra agressive but he can excel in the new NHL.
I absolutely agree that he will excel once he makes some adjustments, the kind of adjustments that, as a forward, Perezhogin needs to make 'cause he is a great skater himself but has those hooking and grabbing tendancies that I see Emelin having especially as a d-man. What I meant is that his game right now is, while he's a good skater and good positionnaly, plays with an edge that make him take a lot of penalties that would not have been penalties in the old NHL. Once he makes the appropriate adjustments, he'll then be great.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Hes small and you can compare him to Darius Kasparitis. Intense, play big, showed some surprising offensive abilities in the last months.
I'm a big fan of his and I really think that part of his game is really under rated. He bring Kasparitis's physical, in your face style but makes a better first pass out of the defensive zone. When playing his best he almost reminds me of Konstantinov.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Lafontaine

For the record....

I speak and read a bit of Russian and (just for the sake of argument) I looked up the actual Russian spelling of Alexei's name on the Lada website.

It is spelt with an "E", which can be a "ye" or a soft "e" sound, depending on where they put the stress in the word "Yemelin". For some reason I am pretty sure that because it is at the beginning of the word it will be pronounced "ye". The actual spelling of his name (phonetically) should be...

Yemeleen

Lafontaine is offline   Reply With Quote