HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Flyinghab

vCash: 500
Lets be honest our Habs haven't been built for the playoffs. Only the out of this world play of Halak a couple years ago got us to the conference finals. Look at the teams that have won the cup the last six or seven years. They have a great balance of players and we don't. Not going to the dirty areas and getting traffic in from of the net will get you no where. Anderson will make that save every time. Whether it was 50, 60 or 70 shots.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
We blew many third period leads that year. There's no way that Price had nothing to do with some of them. He is hardly to blame for being 15th in the East but to give him an almost perfect grade is RIDICULOUS at best! When you give someone a grade of 90%, you are basically saying he played almost to PERFECTION.

"Price is here to stay so you better cheer for another team" ... HEH? What kind of .. I can't even ... so because I believe that this guy is overrated and won't lead OUR TEAM to the Stanley Cup parade, I have to change teams? LOL

A fan is not necessarily someone who cheers for anything that his management team does. I can be unbiased and say well I think this guy is overrated (Price) or this guy sucks (Desharnais) or this guy is useless (Moen) and we should trade him. I can also say I like these guys, they will do well (Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher). I don't have to blindly cheer for DECISIONS that I believe are wrong.

I believe Price won't be here by September 2014.
If you seriously believe that, then I understand why you have such a skewed view and opinion on him.... You clearly have no idea how the NHL ,or even hockey, works. My point is not that you have to blindly follow a team's decisions, but that if you hate the team's arguably best player, who Is gonna be there for probably his entire career, then you should cheer for another team cause you'll never be happy.

Once again, you refer to how we blew so many 3rd period leads, and then make the false assumption that he must be the cause for lots of them... For the 1000000 time, WATCH THE GAMES, Put any goalie in net, even Patrick ****ing Roy and I can tell you we would have maybe 1 or 2 more wins all season.

Playing to perfection means stopping all stoppable shots and never letting in softies. If you let in a softie, you need to make it up with an "unstoppable" one. With that in mind, yes, he almost had a perfect season. Go back watch the games, but of course you won't, and you'll just keep on hating.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Anderson faces weak, ugly, far shots.

Price faces amazing hardcore sensational two on 1's all the time.

GOT IT!
Not at all. Anderson faced dangerous shots. Those went in. The rest (save maybe 10 in the whole series) were all pretty weak.

Price was weak one time, and it was on the silfverberg goal, I really don't know why that went in and that shouldn't go in. A total stinker

Old
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLSandman View Post
If you seriously believe that, then I understand why you have such a skewed view and opinion on him.... You clearly have no idea how the NHL ,or even hockey, works. My point is not that you have to blindly follow a team's decisions, but that if you hate the team's arguably best player, who Is gonna be there for probably his entire career, then you should cheer for another team cause you'll never be happy.

Once again, you refer to how we blew so many 3rd period leads, and then make the false assumption that he must be the cause for lots of them... For the 1000000 time, WATCH THE GAMES, Put any goalie in net, even Patrick ****ing Roy and I can tell you we would have maybe 1 or 2 more wins all season.

Playing to perfection means stopping all stoppable shots and never letting in softies. If you let in a softie, you need to make it up with an "unstoppable" one. With that in mind, yes, he almost had a perfect season. Go back watch the games, but of course you won't, and you'll just keep on hating.
ok so if we had Patrick Roy last year, we would have had only 2-4 more pts the entire year? OK GOT IT

Keep believing Price should get a grade of 90% last year.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
NYR scores once. they win game.

Price fans: "Price had no support ...team only scored 2 goals"

... Did you see that 6 on 5 at the end ? How many shots where blocked ? Did you see how the box was ? Did you see how they picked up everyman in the slot and only let in shots from the outside ? Thats how you win games. Lundqvist was strong on the (i think) last shot, good on him.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
CP31

Quote:
Where did I say that?

Price has a .894 save % this series. Budaj had a .775 save % this year.

Anderson has .950 save %

you really think Goaltending had nothing to do with the results this series??

Anderson is a REAL top 5 goalie in the league
Alright bud you don't become a top 5 goalie by playing 24 games. Get real.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghab View Post
Lets be honest our Habs haven't been built for the playoffs. Only the out of this world play of Halak a couple years ago got us to the conference finals. Look at the teams that have won the cup the last six or seven years. They have a great balance of players and we don't. Not going to the dirty areas and getting traffic in from of the net will get you no where. Anderson will make that save every time. Whether it was 50, 60 or 70 shots.
This is very true. We aren't built for the playoffs and that goes from the forwards to the defense to the goalies. I'm not confident about any area of the team going into the playoffs which is why I predicted an early exit like I usually do. And I will continue to predict early exits until managements gets a clue and makes the moves that will help this team be successful in the playoffs. I think Bergy will get it right.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Flyinghab

Quote:
All I said was Anderson played better and if we switched goalies, we would have won this series.

but people seem to believe we made Anderson looked good and he's average, all our shots are weak ...bla bla bla bla ..
I agree with you that Anderson was better than Price.

I disagree with your switching goalies situation. Do the refs still blow the game? The series goes 6 or 7 but Price would have a better team in front of him. Price can see all of his shots with no traffic.

Look at the goals scored on Anderson, some of his were softies but no one talks about them because they won.

Old
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Look at his career ....bud

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
... Did you see that 6 on 5 at the end ? How many shots where blocked ? Did you see how the box was ? Did you see how they picked up everyman in the slot and only let in shots from the outside ? Thats how you win games. Lundqvist was strong on the (i think) last shot, good on him.
And did you see the point blank shots? One was even tipped and Lundqvist STOPPED IT. If it went in on Price you and every Price fanboy would cry that it was an impossible save that was tipped. This agian is the difference between great goalies and the rest. They make saves they shouldn't make. It's so bloody easy to understand if you put down your pompoms for one second.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Habs must have horrifying defense. I can't believe they won the division. Must be because of Price.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Price's entire career is based on catch phrases and NOT actual production/results.

"thoroughbred"
"top 5"
"elite"

Saying it enough times will not make it true.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And did you see the point blank shots? One was even tipped and Lundqvist STOPPED IT. If it went in on Price you and every Price fanboy would cry that it was an impossible save that was tipped. This agian is the difference between great goalies and the rest. They make saves they shouldn't make. It's so bloody easy to understand if you put down your pompoms for one second.
Why you such a hater, go cheer for another team!

Old
05-12-2013, 06:12 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Did I say another goalie would have brought us into the playoffs?

I said you can't give 9/10 because you're saying Price was almost perfect that year but you can't possibly think Price was almost perfect. If we finished 12th, you would have given Price 10/10? You can't possibly give a goalie 9/10 when his team finishes 15th. That's beyond ridiculous
I guess you've suffered mild brain damage during your developing years, because I've tried to explain this to you three times now yet you still don't understand.....

Where the TEAM finishes isn't an automatic sign of how a goalie played. So when you say that I would have given price 15/10 if we finished 8th is dumb.
Us finishing 8th would have just meant that we either tightened up defensively or scores more goals, not because Price would have played better.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
I guess you've suffered mild brain damage during your developing years, because I've tried to explain this to you three times now yet you still don't understand.....

Where the TEAM finishes isn't an automatic sign of how a goalie played. So when you say that I would have given price 15/10 if we finished 8th is dumb.
Us finishing 8th would have just meant that we either tightened up defensively or scores more goals, not because Price would have played better.
Price got 9/10 last year ...

so it must mean he gets 10/10 in the year he played amazing.

so the person who won the vezina, what does he get 13/10 ?

Old
05-12-2013, 06:15 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Why you such a hater, go cheer for another team!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Price's entire career is based on catch phrases and NOT actual production/results.

"thoroughbred"
"top 5"
"elite"

Saying it enough times will not make it true.
Sure because Price never won anything throughout his Junior and AHL career while winning multiple MVP trophies and winning Gold in the world juniors. He also never showed he can play amazing while playing over 70 games a season in the NHL and has never been in talks for a Vezina....

Get real bud

Old
05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Sure because Price never won anything throughout his Junior and AHL career while winning multiple MVP trophies and winning Gold in the world juniors. He also never showed he can play amazing while playing over 70 games a season in the NHL and has never been in talks for a Vezina....

Get real bud
Keep talking about juniors and AHL ..nobody cares. The NHL is full of guys that did well in AHL and juniors.

You only mentionned 1 thing that mattered which is he had 1 good year where he was 7th in vezina voting ... ok maybe it's time for him to repeat this?

He had more bad years than amazing years

Old
05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Price got 9/10 last year ...

so it must mean he gets 10/10 in the year he played amazing.

so the person who won the vezina, what does he get 13/10 ?
Did you read my original post? I swear I'm arguing with a 13 year old... I already mentioned that Price was in the Vezina talks the year he played great hence the 9.5... Vezina winner gets a 10. Go back and read my full post so I have to stop wasting my time explaining things I wrote clearly in a previous post

Old
05-12-2013, 06:18 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

Get real bud
I don't give 2 ***** about non-NHL related accolades.

If you're telling me he's an elite goalie based on what he did before arriving to the NHL then

Old
05-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Did you read my original post? I swear I'm arguing with a 13 year old... I already mentioned that Price was in the Vezina talks the year he played great hence the 9.5... Vezina winner gets a 10. Go back and read my full post so I have to stop wasting my time explaining things I wrote clearly in a previous post
Raise your standards.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:19 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
NYR scores once. they win game.

Price fans: "Price had no support ...team only scored 2 goals"

Only the fifth game of the playoffs to have a win with under three goals scored by the victor when not counting the low scoring LA/STL series.

I guess Holtby lost the goaltending battle there against Lundqvist. I guess he should have scored a goal on King Henrik.

Also the refereeing in that game was ridiculously one sided.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Only the fifth game of the playoffs to have a win with under three goals scored by the victor when not counting the low scoring LA/STL series.

I guess Holtby lost the goaltending battle there against Lundqvist. I guess he should have scored a goal on King Henrik.

Also the refereeing in that game was ridiculously one sided.
Why you not counting LA vs STL series? Oh I get it, because it will make your argument look bad. Got it.

Holtby didn't lose battle vs Lundqvist but Holtby's numbers will actually show that he didn't lose the battle unlike Price's .894 save % who is blaemed on the fans, pressure, our D, our coach, our forwards, our goaltending coach, his new pads, his girlfriend, his friends, basically everyone but King Carey. The Golden Boy.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:26 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Keep talking about juniors and AHL ..nobody cares. The NHL is full of guys that did well in AHL and juniors.

You only mentionned 1 thing that mattered which is he had 1 good year where he was 7th in vezina voting ... ok maybe it's time for him to repeat this?

He had more bad years than amazing years
I mentioned this because someone said he never won anything and didn't deserve to be called a thoroughbred or a winner.... I understand that what he did outside the NHL has no baring on his NHL play, but if you say he isn't a winner when he won literally everywhere he played other than as a 25 year old with an average Habs team, then you havnt followed prices career all that well.

I love how we keep saying Price had 1 Amazing season and one good one at the age of 23 and 24, then had an average year as a 25 year old, and we should ship him out of town.....
Just reading that should prove how shortsighted most of you ( actually only a few overly vocal "fans") are and by looking at how many goalies only make the NHL in they're late 20s, you should be able to see how having an amazing, great, and average season, at that age Guarantees he is staying here for a long long time

Old
05-12-2013, 06:26 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Why you not counting LA vs STL series? Oh I get it, because it will make your argument look bad. Got it.
Because it was a low scoring series for both teams.

Which is something I've stated every time.

That makes it an anomaly.

In case you didn't pay attention in class much, that means it doesn't follow the same pattern.

Eight series' but only one being low scoring for the most part means that it doesn't follow the same pattern as the other series. Which is that the team that scores three or more goals tends to win. Which only five games (last I counted if we count today's) have been exception to.

I really hope this helps but I doubt it.

Right now I don't see Price supporters and Price haters. I see Price haters and people trying to explain to said haters that you have to score goals to win hockey games. The people who put everything on the goalie tend to be the hockey fans we kind of wish watched something else. You know, because to you, the last line of defence is somehow every line of defence? And is responsible for offence?

Old
05-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Traitor8

-Chi scores 2 goals in game 1, they win.
-Chi and Min both score 2 goals only in Game 3, they get to go to OT and have a chance.
-Ana scores only 2 goals in Game 1 (not counting empty netter) and win.
-ANA and Det both scores 2 goals in game 4, they get to go to OT.
-ANA and Det both scores 2 goals in game 5, they get to go to OT.
-SJ and Van both scores 2 goals in game 2, they get to go to OT.
-STL and LA both scores only 1 goal, they get to go to OT.
-STL scores only 2 goals in game 2 and win it.
-LA scores only 1 goal in game 3 and wins it
-LA and STL scores only 2 goals each to get to OT.
-LA scores 2 goals in game 6 to win it.
-WSH scores only 1 goal in Game 2 to win it.
-NYR and WSH score only 1 goal each to get to OT.
-NYR win Game 6 by scoring only 1 goal.
-TOR scores only 2 to win game 6.

"You don't get a chance to win if you only score 2 goals"

Closed Thread