HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers Game 6: HANK HANK HANK HANK!

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Henrik Lundqvist 186 97.38%
Derick Brassard 154 80.63%
Derek Dorsett 36 18.85%
Anton Stralman 49 25.65%
Michael Del Zotto 3 1.57%
John Moore 5 2.62%
Mats Zuccarello 39 20.42%
Rick Nash 3 1.57%
Brian Boyle 9 4.71%
Carl Hagelin 3 1.57%
Ryan Callahan 6 3.14%
Ryan McDonagh 21 10.99%
Dan Girardi 10 5.24%
Derek Stepan 1 0.52%
Other 4 2.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2013, 06:59 PM
  #176
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
If the Rangers expect to win a game 7 with this effort/game plan like they did today: may as well not watch at all.

You think Caps aren't going to get any PPs? Better hope Hank has another shut out...
We were very good. We need to score more, but just because they only scored 1, doesn't mean they were bad. This is ridiculous, I'm sorry. The effort was fine. Even in the 3rd when the Caps got 12 shots, they weren't living in our zone.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 06:59 PM
  #177
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Marian Gaborik ‏@MGaborik10 39m
Great game by my old team Rangers and Tiger winning TPC! Was flipping channels to watch both events.Great finishes!Good luck tomo boys...

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
  #178
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
They generated numerous scoring chances and probably would've put up another had Richards not blocked a shot.

Holtby was excellent.
Holtby was whatever. Rangers didn't sustain a whole lot of offensive pressure(again)throughout the game. Still don't screen the goalie enough. Still mismanagement of our PP guys, did Moore even see any PP time?

You may be happy with a PP going 0 for 6. Letting the caps, again, tee up from the points. Hank having to bail us out...again. But its painful to watch for me....

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
  #179
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
@SWhyno: #Caps' Holtby on penalties: "Tonight shouldn't have been so lopsided. It shouldn't have. We all know that. ... We won't use it as an excuse"

**** Holtby.

"We won't use penalties as an excuse, but Dorsett slew footed and we didn't get calls. But its no excuse. We lost because they had more PPs but I'm not making excuses."

Tool.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
  #180
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
We were very good. We need to score more, but just because they only scored 1, doesn't mean they were bad. This is ridiculous, I'm sorry. The effort was fine. Even in the 3rd when the Caps got 12 shots, they weren't living in our zone.
Agreed. I have no clue what he's talking about. Holtby played an incredible game this afternoon, as did Hank. If Holtby isn't on top of his game, we score at least 3 goals.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
  #181
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
John G giving a bit of insight into Brad Richards's psyche.

It does not sound good.
nope...and it's too bad...his psyche must be shot with playing game 6 playing on the 4th line and getting under 10 minutes of ice time. But if you don't perform you are going to sit in the playoffs. If he could put his psyche aside and just play the game and have fun I think he would be a huge help to this team. I feel like he is losing his chance

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
  #182
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
I really feel bad that I've **** on Gabby recently after those tweets. To be fair, it's mostly because of uninformed people thinking we got hosed in the trade.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
  #183
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
@SWhyno: Holtby accused Dorsett of "dirty slew foot" on Green.

How about Greens crosscheck, Braden?

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
  #184
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
@SWhyno: #Caps' Holtby on penalties: "Tonight shouldn't have been so lopsided. It shouldn't have. We all know that. ... We won't use it as an excuse"

**** Holtby.

"We won't use penalties as an excuse, but Dorsett slew footed and we didn't get calls. But its no excuse. We lost because they had more PPs but I'm not making excuses."

Tool.
The irony. Sounds like you're making an excuse buddy. We didn't even score on the PP ****ing retard.

How does one slewfoot when they lose their balance and go flying into the boards? Green did nothing wrong except for the crosscheck, but to say Dorsett slewfooted a guy who completely remained standing, while Dorsett is the one who flew into the boards, is a bit far fetched.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
  #185
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
We were very good. We need to score more, but just because they only scored 1, doesn't mean they were bad. This is ridiculous, I'm sorry. The effort was fine. Even in the 3rd when the Caps got 12 shots, they weren't living in our zone.
ehh. Maybe I shouldn't have said effort. That would mean I should be blaming the players. I don't.

I put the blame on our idiotic coach, who thinks that going into a defensive shell with 10 minutes to play is sound logic.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:03 PM
  #186
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,146
vCash: 500

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:03 PM
  #187
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Holtby is crying about the refs. I guess this is where their fans get their behavior from.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:03 PM
  #188
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Holtby whining about penalties.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:03 PM
  #189
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
@SWhyno: #Caps' Holtby on penalties: "Tonight shouldn't have been so lopsided. It shouldn't have. We all know that. ... We won't use it as an excuse"

**** Holtby.

"We won't use penalties as an excuse, but Dorsett slew footed and we didn't get calls. But its no excuse. We lost because they had more PPs but I'm not making excuses."

Tool.
Lol, that sentence was the definition of 'excuse'.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:04 PM
  #190
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Sooo... The refs should just call a penalty on the Rangers for something iffy because the Caps didn't have a power play? I don't get that. If the team has played clean enough to get away with a few ticky tack calls, then who cares. Both teams get away with crap. It's the blatant things that needed to be called. I didn't see anything from the Rangers that made me say "We got away with one."

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:05 PM
  #191
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
@SWhyno: #Caps' Holtby on penalties: "Tonight shouldn't have been so lopsided. It shouldn't have. We all know that. ... We won't use it as an excuse"

**** Holtby.

"We won't use penalties as an excuse, but Dorsett slew footed and we didn't get calls. But its no excuse. We lost because they had more PPs but I'm not making excuses."

Tool.
In other words, he is using it as an excuse.
It is amazing how bad the lamestream hockey media is. They do not even educate people about the game, just ride the swells of popularity. I am really disappointed by TSN, all those experts and yet so little clarity.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  #192
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
When you say "it's not an excuse" like 5 times after everything you say.... You're making excuses. Your team was not good enough at 5 on 5. That's why you lost.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  #193
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Is it really any surprise that fans of the Caps and Pens are insufferable? No team has more bandwagon fans than either of those two teams.
Have the Caps fans been that bad? I haven't read the series thread on the playoff board in about a week, but when I did the expert analysis posted by bitter Devils and Flyers fans regarding the "Rags" was more obnoxious than anything posted by Capitals fans.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  #194
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Lol, that sentence was the definition of 'excuse'.
When someone starts a sentence with "I'm not making an excuse", you know he's going to make an excuse but just doesn't want to come off as a whiny *****.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  #195
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Caps and Pens fans are cut from the same cloth.

Great at doing the disappearing act when they don't have a superstar.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
  #196
essen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Sooo... The refs should just call a penalty on the Rangers for something iffy because the Caps didn't have a power play? I don't get that. If the team has played clean enough to get away with a few ticky tack calls, then who cares. Both teams get away with crap. It's the blatant things that needed to be called. I didn't see anything from the Rangers that made me say "We got away with one."
From what I've been reading:

1) Del Zotto "headshot" on Perrault

2) Dorsett slewfoot

Both claims are really just an annoying whine. They want a call because they know their special teams beat ours and they're mad/entitled when they don't get their way. Del Zotto's hit was clean (they showed the replay and it's pretty conclusive he made contact below the head) and he was finishing his check. Dorsett's "slewfoot" is just a joke. I'm glad the Caps (including their coach) have the same petulant mentality as their fan base.

essen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
  #197
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
"We won't use penalties as an excuse, but Dorsett slew footed and we didn't get calls. But its no excuse. We lost because they had more PPs but I'm not making excuses."
Oh come on. I can understand not liking the non call on a slew foot but saying they lost because we had powerplays is a crock of ****

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
  #198
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Oh come on. I can understand not liking the non call on a slew foot but saying they lost because we had powerplays is a crock of ****
Did Dorsett slewfoot Green?
Real question. I did not really think he did, but maybe I missed something?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:11 PM
  #199
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Wait...Holtby is complaining that they only called the retaliatory penalty on Green? Brian Boyle says "hi".

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 07:11 PM
  #200
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Did Dorsett slewfoot Green?
Uh... No. His foot never made contact with Green. Dorsett lost his balance and went into the boards with the help of Green.

Now. I won't lie, upon looking at the replay, it looked like he wanted to and was intending to, but he never actually followed through.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.