HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

O/T - Jason Blake

Old
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
O/T - Jason Blake

Man this guy just gets under my skin (without doing much at all)... Why the hell does he even wear a visor? The guy wears his helmet crooked so far back on his head that his eyes are exposed....

He irritates me considerably....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Man this guy just gets under my skin (without doing much at all)... Why the hell does he even wear a visor? The guy wears his helmet crooked so far back on his head that his eyes are exposed....

He irritates me considerably....

I noticed that also lol. It doesnt bother me as much as it seems to bother you but it looks a little off.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 330
easily the player i most dislike on the isles but poti isnt far back right now

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I noticed that also lol. It doesnt bother me as much as it seems to bother you but it looks a little off.
It's not just the helmet thing... He's a pesky, nuissance (not to be mistaken as agitator) type of player.... Reminds me of a pimple or hemmorrhoid (not that I have experience with these)

Old
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
eco's bones

Part of the reason he is so irritating is because he's pretty damned good.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

i understand, I feel the same way about Gionta. Dont get me wrong he is a great player, but he has that stupid smerk when he scores that makes me want to jump through the TV and strangle him lol.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
i understand, I feel the same way about Gionta. Dont get me wrong he is a great player, but he has that stupid smerk when he scores that makes me want to jump through the TV and strangle him lol.
Yeah... Jason Blake turns beat red when the action heats up.... I just want him to POP....

Old
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
in the hall

jason blake reminds me of yorky when he was here, probably a bad comparison but i just think of york when i think of blake

he's become a very good player

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
if i had to name one hockey player that i dislike more, it would be tough. my favorite jason blake moment was during the 03-04 season when there was some rough stuff after one play on the island and messier clenched blakes jersey so tight around his kneck he was basically strangling him, and blake is so weak and small that he couldnt do a thing about it. Blakes face was so red cause mess was holding on so hard that it looked like it was going to just pop. I was proud.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

He is an albino.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 11:25 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
if i had to name one hockey player that i dislike more, it would be tough. my favorite jason blake moment was during the 03-04 season when there was some rough stuff after one play on the island and messier clenched blakes jersey so tight around his kneck he was basically strangling him, and blake is so weak and small that he couldnt do a thing about it. Blakes face was so red cause mess was holding on so hard that it looked like it was going to just pop. I was proud.
Hah... Thanks for reminding me about that.....

Old
09-26-2006, 11:44 PM
TheRedressor

Only 3 players piss me off more than Jason Blake:

1. Martin Brodeur

2. Scott Gomez

3. Cam Janssens

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:35 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Part of the reason he is so irritating is because he's pretty damned good.
Quote:
Neither of those players are "pretty damned good."

- Gionta has reaped the benefits of playing with Gomez and Elias. Overrated, and if this was the old NHL, he would have never scored 30 goals.

- As for Blake, he's a checking winger with TERRIBLE hands and finishing skills that's been getting first line ice time in recent years. I mean he scored almost 30 goals that one year, but he was on their first frigging line. Terrible. Anyone remember Mariusz Czerkawski? How he scored 30 goals with nearly 30 minutes of ice time, and then after he stopped getting all of those chances, he stopped scoring? You can only miss so many open nets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
I was there for that, 3 rows behind the Islander bench. I gave DiPietro the finger, and I stared him down. One of my connections in the Garden surprised us with the tickets, they were $150 a piece, and were made RIGHT ON THE SPOT. I could tell because they were a completely different print from the normal tickets. All I can say, is around Messier night, his name was mentioned on MSG a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Only 3 players piss me off more than Jason Blake:

1. Martin Brodeur

2. Scott Gomez

3. Cam Janssens
Haha, great list.

I actually like Brodeur, and although I hate both Gomez and Janssens, I respect Gomez. Janssens is nothing more than a toolish goon and a cheap shot artist. I know Devils fans will come back and say Kasparaitis, and I've got one name for you right back... Grant Marshall. I watched him FOR YEARS in Dallas, and he is one of THE CHEAPEST AND DIRTIEST players I've seen in the last decade. He ranks up there with Marchment, Nolan, Suter, Tucker, D. Hunter, etc... That guy threw more elbows than Messier and Howe.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:01 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Yeah... Jason Blake turns beat red when the action heats up.... I just want him to POP....
he turned red when he got choked by messier

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:03 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Neither of those players are "pretty damned good."

- Gionta has reaped the benefits of playing with Gomez and Elias. Overrated, and if this was the old NHL, he would have never scored 30 goals.

- As for Blake, he's a checking winger with TERRIBLE hands and finishing skills that's been getting first line ice time in recent years. I mean he scored almost 30 goals that one year, but he was on their first frigging line. Terrible. Anyone remember Mariusz Czerkawski? How he scored 30 goals with nearly 30 minutes of ice time, and then after he stopped getting all of those chances, he stopped scoring? You can only miss so many open nets...

I was there for that, 3 rows behind the Islander bench. I gave DiPietro the finger, and I stared him down. One of my connections in the Garden surprised us with the tickets, they were $150 a piece, and were made RIGHT ON THE SPOT. I could tell because they were a completely different print from the normal tickets. All I can say, is around Messier night, his name was mentioned on MSG a few times.

Haha, great list.

I actually like Brodeur, and although I hate both Gomez and Janssens, I respect Gomez. Janssens is nothing more than a toolish goon and a cheap shot artist. I know Devils fans will come back and say Kasparaitis, and I've got one name for you right back... Grant Marshall. I watched him FOR YEARS in Dallas, and he is one of THE CHEAPEST AND DIRTIEST players I've seen in the last decade. He ranks up there with Marchment, Nolan, Suter, Tucker, D. Hunter, etc... That guy threw more elbows than Messier and Howe.
one guy who i wanted was langenbrunner, he is a good hockey player. i also wanted elias, only 4 devils i like elias, langenbrunner, dowd and Hale

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote