HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
and the blues are knocked out. If we can finish off the Ducks, I'd be looking forward to the Kings/Sharks series.

05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
14ari13

Wow, the Blues lost 4 in a row. Their chances looked great after they took the 2-0 lead, but then lost the NeXT 4. They lost to the chapms though.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:07 AM
nik jr

i think it is ridiculous that tavares is a hart finalist.

one dimensional offensive player who was 17th in scoring, barely made the playoffs, got outscored at ES, got scored on more than almost any F in the NHL and started a high % of his shifts in the offensive zone.

it is also has not happened in many decades that a one dimensional F who was below a point per game was a hart finalist.

meanwhile, getzlaf was better in basically every important area. more points (and in fewer games), better GF and GA, better defensively, tougher matchups, PKed, more physical, captain of anaheim.

the only argument for tavares is based on standing out from NYI's mediocrity, but getzlaf led his team in scoring by a larger margin than tavares, and was involved in a higher % of his team's goals, even though getzlaf had better teammates and better depth.

i don't think datsyuk should have been a hart finalist, but i would have voted for him above tavares. DRW certainly would not have made the playoffs without him. +21 on a +9 team, far superior defensively and territorially, more points, better GF and GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I would love to waive hello to Stalberg in Detroit. Much like Laad and Versteeg, I think he is a top six player playing down the lineup and will look good elsewhere.
agree

his speed would be very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I don't know how you come back from that. Personally if that's a guy on my team, I never want to see him in my team's uniform ever again. But they can't possibly get rid of him. Wow...what could he possibly have been thinking?
that is not the 1st time ovechkin did that, but i would still want him on my team. his offense makes up for his lack of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Wow, the Blues lost 4 in a row. Their chances looked great after they took the 2-0 lead, but then lost the NeXT 4. They lost to the chapms though.
STL probably should have won that series, but they missed so many chances.

elliott was easily outplayed by quick. steen, schwartz and 4th liners were their most effective F's, i thought, and their top 6 were mostly ineffective. backes, berglund, oshie, perron, mcdonald, stewart were not very good.

schwartz was very impressive, not unlike nyquist, but bigger and more physical.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:27 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
They have to trade him first... Considering every other teams' situations, that isn't likely.
Every other teams? Really?

He has one more year at 2.3. It's not that bad. And they have room to retain some of the salary, actually even most of his salary. And thus keep every player you mentioned.

Or they just let Emery walk and sign cheaper backup or take H. Karlsson there.

Frolik is a good bottom 6er. Excellent wheels, excellent on pk, doesn't take penalties, good possession player etc.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
I guess you can take Keith Tkachuk off the Blues, but it's a lot harder to get Keith Tkachuk out of the Blues.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
nik jr

last time a F who was under a point per game was a hart finalist was tod sloan in 1956.

and that was when value to his team was a far more common standard than is used now.

sloan led TML in scoring by 37.5%, and in goals by 105.5%

Old
05-11-2013, 12:23 PM
InjuredChoker

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 1 min
Per Tretiak, the World Cup of Hockey will be back in 2016! It will be played in August, just like the last one in 2004

Old
05-11-2013, 01:21 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Every other teams? Really?

He has one more year at 2.3. It's not that bad. And they have room to retain some of the salary, actually even most of his salary. And thus keep every player you mentioned.

Or they just let Emery walk and sign cheaper backup or take H. Karlsson there.

Frolik is a good bottom 6er. Excellent wheels, excellent on pk, doesn't take penalties, good possession player etc.
Yes, every other team. I can't seem to find one that either has cap space or roster space, with the willingness to part with asset(s) for a bottom sixer with a cap hit of $2.3 Million that doesn't even put up many points. Can you name one? I can't.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:31 PM
chances14

Quote:
blues lost the series when they blew 1 goal lead in the 3rd period of game 4. they never recovered after that.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:40 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Curse of Jay Blow.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:48 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Yes, every other team. I can't seem to find one that either has cap space or roster space, with the willingness to part with asset(s) for a bottom sixer with a cap hit of $2.3 Million that doesn't even put up many points. Can you name one? I can't.
Hawks can retain salary, up to half of it. 1.15 mil for Frolik isn't bat at all.

Not many bottom 6ers put up many points.

Trade can be for conditional 7th or something, surely Hawks can be happy with that if they can keep their best players.

Or more easily, they can buy him out if no one takes him.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Hawks can retain salary, up to half of it. 1.15 mil for Frolik isn't bat at all.

Not many bottom 6ers put up many points.

Trade can be for conditional 7th or something, surely Hawks can be happy with that if they can keep their best players.

Or more easily, they can buy him out if no one takes him.
Who wants him? Name specific teams who would have a demand for Frolik. You can't simply say how Chicago can give him up. You have to have someone on the other side who wants him. I doubt anyone wants him. Retaining salary isn't going to help Chicago anyways.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:09 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Who wants him? Name specific teams who would have a demand for Frolik. You can't simply say how Chicago can give him up. You have to have someone on the other side who wants him. I doubt anyone wants him. Retaining salary isn't going to help Chicago anyways.
Per my model at post #771 they have around 1.6 mil in cap space and they can retain 1.1 mil so it won't be problem for them.

I'm not as familiar with bottom 6 needs of many teams so can't really tell. Of the teams I follow more closely, I think Colorado could have use for him but they are div. rivals next year. Possibly New Jersey. Maybe Calgary, dunno.

Or they can just buy him out. Doesn't have to be trade.

Also reportedly Hawks are high on Raanta so they can sign him instead of emery and save some cap space there, and then there is maybe no need to move Frolik at all. Or they can waive him and even that would be enough.

Old
05-11-2013, 03:24 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Per my model at post #771 they have around 1.6 mil in cap space and they can retain 1.1 mil so it won't be problem for them.

I'm not as familiar with bottom 6 needs of many teams so can't really tell. Of the teams I follow more closely, I think Colorado could have use for him but they are div. rivals next year. Possibly New Jersey. Maybe Calgary, dunno.

Or they can just buy him out. Doesn't have to be trade.

Also reportedly Hawks are high on Raanta so they can sign him instead of emery and save some cap space there, and then there is maybe no need to move Frolik at all. Or they can waive him and even that would be enough.
Spending up to the cap is a very reckless ordeal, and usually prevents moves from being made mid season that would help the team. Couple that with the fact that the kids will have to be paid eventually and you have cap hell once again. Once again, you don't know who would want them. With the plethora of bottom sixers already on the FA market, some team is going to trade for something more expensive? I don't think so.

Old
05-11-2013, 03:48 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Spending up to the cap is a very reckless ordeal, and usually prevents moves from being made mid season that would help the team. Couple that with the fact that the kids will have to be paid eventually and you have cap hell once again. Once again, you don't know who would want them. With the plethora of bottom sixers already on the FA market, some team is going to trade for something more expensive? I don't think so.
Meh, only one who is going to get big money in two years is possibly Leddy. He will likely get 2 yr bridge contract now. They can move Hammer down the road if cap hasn't risen enough. Toews and Kane will get raises but probably not more by 2 mil. Same with Crawford.

They have lots of kids coming in with ELCs, TT, Danault, McNeill, and Saad will have one for two more years. Bolland can be moved too, Stalberg in couple of years if it comes down to it, Sharp if he doesn't regress significantly etc. Oduya off the books in two tears etc.

They don't even have to trade anyone for now to fit in for next year, and the season after that cap is probably closer to 70 mil or more.

Hawks didn't make deadline deals this year either, but are still among the favorites.

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Viktor Stalberg ($3.500m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.578m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)
Marcus Kruger ($1.500m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Adam Clendening ($0.925m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Nick Leddy ($2.250m) /
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Ray Emery ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Steve Montador ($0.000m)
Buyout: Michael Frolik ($0.000m)
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.292m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,888,462; BONUSES: $487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $899,038
No space to make moves unless they move Hammer, Bolland etc. Which is very much possible if some/many of Clendening, McNeill, Pirri, Morin, Danault, Kruger impress.

Though some space can be created by trading Kruger, signing Raanta instead of Emery and trading Hammer or Bolland or maybe Oduya, etc. And re-sign Rozsival as he's been quite good for them.

Maybe they let Stalberg walk so they can get that 2C, dunno. But current roster seems to work pretty well, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:16 AM
14ari13

So the Pens advance

Last edited by Fugu: 05-13-2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: ...
Old
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
InjuredChoker

Brad Richards on 4th line with Asham and Kreider today..

Good for Rangers that they have enough money for compliance buy out.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Chicago's gonna have another mini-roster purge.... Waive goodbye to Stalberg, Bickell, Rozsival, and possibly Emery as well.
To an extent there will be what I would call a roster adjustment coming up ,, Saying a purge is too drastic

Quote:
Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Viktor Stalberg ($3.000m)
Andrew Shaw ($0.578m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.500m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Nick Leddy ($2.250m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Adam Clendening ($0.925m) /
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Ray Emery ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,096,795; BONUSES: $487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,690,705

Frolik traded.
Emery wont be back and will get more $$$ as a UFA possibly even a chance to be a #1 in a rotation system (Yotes would be good fit)

Hawks have several prospects (Ben Smith/Jeremy Morin/Branond Pirri and Jimmy Hayes) ready for fulltime NHL roles so my expectation would be next year several open spots are filled from within

And there is really no reason to trade Frolik at this point. He is key PK guy and only has 1 more year left on his deal

IMO this is what your more likely to see

- Buyouts of Olesz/Monty
- Bickell/Stalberg/Emery/Roszival/Handzus departing as UFA's
- Pirri/Morin/Smith make fulltime jump to NHL
- Vet UFA G brought in as #2 (Theodore type guy)

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Brandon Pirri ($0.870m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.578m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.400m) / Michael Frolik ($2.333m)
Ben Smith ($0.563m)

DEFENSEMEN
Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)
Nick Leddy ($2.350m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Johnny Oduya ($3.383m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Klas Dahlbeck ($0.767m) (Or Ryan Stanton signed to 1 way deal at comparable cost)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Vet UFA ($1.100m)

OTHER
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,854,295; BONUSES: $527,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,973,205

Wildcards would be Bickell and Rozsival. Hawks may bring back one of them

Old
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Sameheda

I like how there are important games still going on, but NHL.com is already polling about the next Penguins series.

I hate the NHLs love affair with that ****ing team. Wish the Isles would have beat them.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:53 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Boston totally screwing things up for my playoff pool.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
I like how there are important games still going on, but NHL.com is already polling about the next Penguins series.

I hate the NHLs love affair with that ****ing team. Wish the Isles would have beat them.
They so desperately want a "Michael Jordan" to market the league around, but at the same time they have pushed so hard to create a system that greatly encourages parity. Jordan wouldn't have been Jordan without Pippen, Grant, Cartright, etc. around him. Crosby would have been a helluva lot more likely to succeed if the Pens could have hung onto guys like Gonchar, Staal, Talbot, etc.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:55 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Leafs not giving up, good for them. Carlyle teams are typically pretty frickin competitive. Leaf fans must be loving this.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Leafs not giving up, good for them. Carlyle teams are typically pretty frickin competitive. Leaf fans must be loving this.
We are! Loving Nyquist as well. Many of you know I've had a mancrush on him for quite a while now.

Finish those Ducks, now!!

05-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Boston totally screwing things up for my playoff pool.
I'm guessing they aren't doing you any favors tonight, then?

Old
05-13-2013, 08:20 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'm guessing they aren't doing you any favors tonight, then?
No, especially since I figured Boston would contend for the East.

I never would have guessed Toronto would have beat those guys.

Closed Thread