HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Rattie...

Time for a miracle.

Last edited by 40oz: 05-12-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old
05-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Well, it'll be nice watching Halifax smack Portland around.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Cam98

would of liked to see a back to back whl championship. but portland a much better team

Old
05-12-2013, 06:52 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
would of liked to see a back to back whl championship. but portland a much better team
Huge let down. Out of synch all game.

But denying Portland in their quest after having lost the previous 2... well, they're just more desperate. And it's showing. Frustrating thing is that the OKs have shown they can play with them. But yep, Portland is damned solid.

Crap.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Was still a game at 2-1 when Moroz took another boneheaded penalty. Just can't give this Portland club any advantage.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:12 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Was still a game at 2-1 when Moroz took another boneheaded penalty. Just can't give this Portland club any advantage.
Or take one apparently, those two short handed goals were killers.

Edit:Why won't Loubardias shut up about the Portland/Edmonton crowds.

Last edited by 40oz: 05-12-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old
05-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The Oil Kings performance notwithstanding I'm so disappointed in Edmonton for not properly supporting these kids. Awful crowd (again) today. I guess that Edmontonians would rather get shelled for $100 a ticket to watch the Oilers lose every night. Terrible.

Congrats to Portland for this win, they were due and their fans certainly deserve it. Edmonton probably would have forgotten about it by tomorrow morning.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post

He has a point. It was quiet right from the drop of the first puck again and the empty seats were glaring.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
He has a point. It was quiet right from the drop of the first puck again and the empty seats were glaring.
Point, yes.

Not plural, just a broken record.

The Oil Kings have played in front of crowds smaller than this all season. It's disappointing, but it isnt a travesty and it really isnt the reason this team isn't winning like he seems to imply.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

Quote:
The Oil Kings performance notwithstanding I'm so disappointed in Edmonton for not properly supporting these kids. Awful crowd (again) today. I guess that Edmontonians would rather get shelled for $100 a ticket to watch the Oilers lose every night. Terrible.

Congrats to Portland for this win, they were due and their fans certainly deserve it. Edmonton probably would have forgotten about it by tomorrow morning.
They should consider moving. **** this city, apparently they don't want to support a quality product. They should go somewhere that will appreciate them.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Point, yes.

Not plural, just a broken record.

The Oil Kings have played in front of crowds smaller than this all season. It's disappointing, but it isnt a travesty and it really isnt the reason this team isn't winning like he seems to imply.
The criticism has been hyperbolic in nature but it's definitely disappointing. Edmonton fans have had a long time to get attached to this team and for some inexplicable reason it didn't happen. There was a louder, rowdier crowd at Game 7 of the last round. On a Tuesday. The fans just... disappeared.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Congrats to TJ Foster, Dylan Wruck and Trevor Cheek on fantastic junior careers. It's too bad it had to end this way for them, especially Cheek.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

Quote:
Congrats to TJ Foster, Dylan Wruck and Trevor Cheek on fantastic junior careers. It's too bad it had to end this way for them, especially Cheek.
After the way Wruck has played, I have to believe an NHL team will give him a look.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:51 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
+1. Feel bad for Cheek. Have to think this would've been a different series if Reinhart and Cheek had been in the lineup for the Oil Kings.

That said, congrats to the 'hawks for finally getting it done.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:55 PM
dookers9

Quote:

Because of the contrast, as each of the commentators have said. We're due the ridicule, if you ask me. The city failed the team and we were made to look loke chumps by anyone that watched from elsewhere. We're due the call-out.
Quote:

Yup. Pretty weak. We're pretty pious about calling out other centres that don't support their NHL teams, and then don't show up for the team that most deserved our support.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
After the way Wruck has played, I have to believe an NHL team will give him a look.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers gave him a look. They love their Oil Kings.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:58 PM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 50
Not a fan of Moroz.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:58 PM
oiler-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
They should consider moving. **** this city, apparently they don't want to support a quality product. They should go somewhere that will appreciate them.
2nd in attendance this year, 4th last year.

Had the largest playoff crowd of this WHL season and also the largest playoff crowd vs. Calgary.

Yes, it's been a disappointing turnout overall, but come on man. Get a grip. Where were you this afternoon?

(Unless I missed a )

Old
05-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
2nd in attendance this year, 4th last year.

Had the largest playoff crowd of this WHL season and also the largest playoff crowd vs. Calgary.

Yes, it's been a disappointing turnout overall, but come on man. Get a grip.

(Unless I missed a )
It's Mothers Day today but that doesn't excuse Games 3 and 4. I'm not sure what happened in this final but the fans just disappeared. Maybe our "loss senses" were tingling and the city sensed a series loss. The Oilers have certainly given us a lot of practice in that regard.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
40oz

Quote:
The criticism has been hyperbolic in nature but it's definitely disappointing. Edmonton fans have had a long time to get attached to this team and for some inexplicable reason it didn't happen. There was a louder, rowdier crowd at Game 7 of the last round. On a Tuesday. The fans just... disappeared.
Well I blame the small crowds on the nice weather, and the nice weather on global warming, and global warming on oil and gas industry. The Oil Kings were doomed.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Brewster

We gave the Hawks a hell of a run considering we were missing a twenty year old and our best defenseman. Proud of the boys, another great year.

Having attended both games, the crowd tonight was way way way better than the game 3 crowd despite being markedly smaller. If the Shaw guys want to whine and complain about the size and boisterousness of the crowds that's up to them, but the fact remains that as far as hockey teams go the Oil Kings are second fiddle in Edmonton, whereas the Winterhawks are the top billing for hockey aficionados in Portland. They are also conveniently forgetting to mention that we have been one of the top drawing teams in the WHL the last couple years, both in the regular and playoff schedules.

Also, what in the world happened to our powerplay? Not only did it completely run dry in terms of offensive production, it started leaking goals for the opposition. Really was the dagger for us in this series.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Since when do they complain about 10K crowds in junior hockey?

I'll tell you a problem. Its whatever doofus figures that edmontonians, who had a miserable April, and are finally seeing some good weather outside want to go to an afternoon game instead of enjoying the day outside.

Grab a clue, make it a 7:30 start, and more people come out. Only an idiot would schedule afternoon hockey games in Edmonton during our very short summer.

Its not rocket science.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Afternoon game on Mothers day? Yeah how could anyone expect to not have record breaking attendance?

05-12-2013, 09:01 PM
monkeywrench

Proud of the team no shame in losing to the better team. That being said I am going to cheer for Portland to win the memorial cup I want to see a WHL team that deserves to win it, win it.
I am going to have nightmares of Gernat handling the puck in his own end.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:03 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Since when do they complain about 10K crowds in junior hockey?

I'll tell you a problem. Its whatever doofus figures that edmontonians, who had a miserable April, and are finally seeing some good weather outside want to go to an afternoon game instead of enjoying the day outside.

Grab a clue, make it a 7:30 start, and more people come out. Only an idiot would schedule afternoon hockey games in Edmonton during our very short summer.

Its not rocket science.
When the guy making the because stir about it is a Calgary homer and loves to make Edmonton look bad.

Closed Thread