HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Rick Nash and All-Star Game

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Jacksonville

vCash: 500
Rick Nash and All-Star Game

There is an internet site dedicated to Rick Nash and how he should have been included on the all-star ballot. You can email Gary Bettman and give him a piece of your mind at www.write-in-nash.com Tell asa many people as possible about this site. Lets hope he wins the scoring title and makes Gary really look stupid!

Old
01-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonville
There is an internet site dedicated to Rick Nash and how he should have been included on the all-star ballot. You can email Gary Bettman and give him a piece of your mind at www.write-in-nash.com Tell asa many people as possible about this site. Lets hope he wins the scoring title and makes Gary really look stupid!
How would that make Gary look stupid?

If my memory serves me correct, ballots are created before the season starts anyway, it's not like they're thrown together a month before the game.

It's the same situation as Iginla a few seasons back when he was tearing up the league. He wasn't on the ballot either if I recall correctly.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:22 PM
3mta3

Players appointed to fill out the rosters of fan selected players remedy this problem every year. Getting left off the ballot just means you aren't a PR guy who did well the previous season.

I don't see how anyone looks good and/or bad for selecting the list of people on the card.

Old
01-02-2004, 08:57 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
There would be no point in having Nash on the ballot anyway. He WON'T be a starter. He could have 70 goals at this point in the season and he wouldn't have a chance of being voted in by the fans. Players from Colorado, Detroit, Vancouver, and Dallas will likely find their way to the starting gate. Certainly not Nash. But he should be an All-Star. I'm sure, if he keeps it up, he'll get selected. He just won't start. He'll have to save that for next season (you never start the first season you are great, you have to do it for atleast one year).

Old
01-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Even if the starters were chosen rather than voted in by the fans, Nash wouldn't be starting. He should be on the team for sure, but his all-around numbers wouldn't get him the starter's position.

Old
01-03-2004, 05:28 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

The starting ballot is based off of last years play, right? I see no reason why he would have made the ballot under the current system. Great rookie season, for sure, but hardly among the elite of the league.
I am in favor of the current system being revised, though.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:25 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
I am in favor of the current system being revised, though.
All Star games are great topics for debate because they are so subjective.

I think that the current system is a joke, but I accept it because all star games aren't real hockey. The starters are determined by a popularity contest and the roster is filled out with players who should have been starters (for the most part).

There is no phsyical play (unless JR is in the lineup then we get one hit per game) and the goaltenders get hung out to dry. It's just not NHL hockey.

I still love it though. The skills competition, the old timers, the interviews, the on ice mics, all of it is entertaining. It's a chance to see the players as people and those players are what makes the NHL great. So what if the scores resembles an early 80's Islanders/Oilers tilt.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:57 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonville
You guys need to get over it. You should know by now how the all star ballot works. Its a screwed up system that logistically probably cant be fixed. Just let it go. They'll get him in the game. Its not like football or baseball. If hes not a starter, he'll still be out there 2 min. into the game. Relax. Bettman can be blamed for enough stuff. This isnt one of them.

Closed Thread