HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: TO reportedly attempted suicide ...

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2006, 08:26 AM
ddheyman

vCash: 500
OT: TO reportedly attempted suicide ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ort/index.html

Or has allergic reaction to medicine ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

Last edited by ddheyman: 09-27-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old
09-27-2006, 08:28 AM
True Blue

Let's end the hysteria immeadiately

he had an allergic reaction to the pain medication he was on, following his hand surgery. I detest TO, but let's not create what is not real.

Old
09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
he had an allergic reaction to the pain medication he was on, following his hand surgery. I detest TO, but let's not create what is not real.
Well, there's no hysteria to end, initial reports were that it was an allergic reaction, however, secondary reports are not an allergic reaction, but a suidice attempt ... so I'd say rather then automatically dismiss the reports, we'd wait for clarification.

One wouldn't expect TO to suddenly become allergic to pain killers that he has been taking for over 10 days ...

I have nothing against TO, was only relaying the news report (have added ESPN link to allergy above as well to be "even handed")

Last edited by ddheyman: 09-27-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman View Post
I have nothing against TO, was only relaying the news report.
I gotcha'. I was not directing my statement towards you. Parcells himself brought up the fact that he has a bad reaction to his medication. This was prior to any of the reports getting out.

Old
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman View Post
Well, there's no hysteria to end, initial reports were that it was an allergic reaction, however, secondary reports are not an allergic reaction, but a suidice attempt ... so I'd say rather then automatically dismiss the reports, we'd wait for clarification.

One wouldn't expect TO to suddenly become allergic to pain killers that he has been taking for over 10 days ...

I have nothing against TO, was only relaying the news report.
I'll second this. I just saw a report on CNN. It's all alleged at this point but it seems there is a developing story.

Old
09-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Diehardfan419

Just heard on 1010, that the Dallas police Dept. have said it was an attempted suicide.

Old
09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
True Blue

I cannot believe the suicide story

what is so bad about his life, that he would want to end it?

Old
09-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
what is so bad about his life, that he would want to end it?
This wouldn't be the first time ever that a person who appeared happy and "had it all," became depressed and attempted suicide. You just don't know what's going on in his head.

Old
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
This wouldn't be the first time ever that a person who appeared happy and "had it all," became depressed and attempted suicide. You just don't know what's going on in his head.
I do not disagree that on one knows what is going on in whose head. However, that does not change the fact that suicide is nothing but a cop-out. Cry me a river, Owens. Your life is not that difficult. I have zero sympathy for him, if this is true.

Old
09-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Suicide is the most senseless thing in the world. Depression however is a serious thing and to say "suicide" is just a cop-out is belittling the families of people that have been affected by it...

I'm sure we all know somebody that has either attempted or been succesful at killing themself and the questions it raises can drive somebody crazy. To just brush it off and say "cry me a river" shows how little compassion people have about the subject and how little people in 2006 still know about the problem...

Owens might have it all but if he doesn't have the will to live what does he really have?

Old
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

vCash: 400
Quote:
I do not disagree that on one knows what is going on in whose head. However, that does not change the fact that suicide is nothing but a cop-out. Cry me a river, Owens. Your life is not that difficult. I have zero sympathy for him, if this is true.
Depression can hit ANYBODY- rich, poor, beautiful, ugly- it shows no descrimination. Don't judge the man unless you know his full medical background. For all everyone knows, the medication he was on for pain could have caused a chemical imbalance and caused suicidal tendencies- this has happened before with some folks.

Old
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
By reading your oft objective and un-emotional debates on the likes of Immo, Hossa, Sather, Renney, etc.., I always had the feeling that you might have been a psychiatrist in real life....This confirms my suspicions...Just kidding TB...

Old
09-27-2006, 09:49 AM
capn89*

This is tough to figure out.

TO is the most selfish mother****er I've ever seen in my entire life, so suicide would be the most selfish thing he could do, so maybe...

But then again, suicide would be doing everyone a favor so we wouldn't have to deal with his ***... hmm.

Maybe his first thoughts were "oh yeah, kill myself, that'll get me more attention" but at the last minute realized "but I'd be doing them a favor... I don't DO good things for anyone" and puked it up.

Old
09-27-2006, 09:54 AM
HenrikO'doyle

Suicide isnt a cop out. When someone is so depressed they feel thats the only answer, then they have problems. Theyre not coping out, what they need is help, it can happen to anybody.

Old
09-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Melrose_Jr.

This is just way too OT and is already showing signs of turning into a debate much to deep for this board.

Closed Thread