HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse Hit Video

Old
09-27-2006, 08:48 AM
THEREW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Dear boy, boarding that results in injury automatically calls for a major. If the victim had been a Hab, you (and the other apologists) no doubt would have screamed bloody murder if a major and misconduct hadn't been called).
You people have to stop thinking that habs fans dont have ANY judgement...

I was there too...Yes Guillaume did charge from center ice but for christ's sake this is barely a 5 min. penalty...2 Minutes for boarding/charging looks like a decent penalty...but Game misconduct...Come On ...

If Dimaio would have got up right after the hit...story would have changed...but what can we do...I paid for a great hockey game...i got it but i would have been happier if i had the chance to see Latendresse play more than 2 minutes...

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Roo

Wow. That was defn a clean hit. Im surprised he got a major let alone a GM. I've seen that hit numerous times without anything being called.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVW4BTpfNck

It's not even a 5 minutes.... Dam Refs
He is something special. He hits like a young Lindros.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Fozz

That should've been a 2 minutes for charging call... Nothing more.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:29 AM
bb_fan

not to start something, but it looked just liked Thorntons hit on Begin a few seasons back......

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Good call. If a TB player had hit Latendresse the same way, we'd all be screaming... let's be honnest here.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Good call. If a TB player had hit Latendresse the same way, we'd all be screaming... let's be honnest here.
no...

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
no...
Then you must have missed the uproar on Williams when his highstick on Koivu in the last playoffs went unnoticed.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Latendresse isn't 5'9 185 pds, he wouldn't have been tossed like a rag doll....let's be honest here. If it was Koivu, I could understand cuz he's coming off a major injury, and it would just have been very disrespectful. Latendresse is trying to win a spot and he knows what he has to do, imo he can be applauded for what he did last night. As far as the penalty goes, Boarding is when a player is violentely shoved into the boards (usually there has to be a decent amount of space between the player and the boards), Dimaio was practicly pressed up against the boards. If he wasn't a midget he would have shaked it off.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Then you must have missed the uproar on Williams when his highstick on Koivu in the last playoffs went unnoticed.
Major difference between a high stick in the face and a shoulder hit along the boards...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
What does a high stick to the eye and a clean hit have to do with each other?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Well we were asking for at least 4 min. penalty and what did he get??? Nobody here wanted Williams out for a couple of games.

I'm still not convince that he should've receive anything but if they decided that he had to, 2 minutes or 4 minutes would've been enough.

I do believe that the referees didn't want any problems with the possible effects of that hit, wanted a quiet game, didn't want to see if somebody would want to get Guillaume and probably did the best to that effect. But the more I think of it, the more it could've been the best thing for Gui. There was a couple of big guys probably looking for him and he does not need a 3rd concussion right now....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:58 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
That was a whole different story. First of all, there was no call on Williams' high stick while Lats got a penality and deserved one. However, Lats did not deserved the game misconduct. Now about the Koivu's incident, the rule states that if you hit someone with your stick on the face and if there's bleeding, it's an automatic 4 minute penality. On top of that, that was almost a career ending injury for Saku and the Canes' went on the win the cup after we were up 2-0 in the series... I think I can stop here, that was really a whole different story my friend.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote