HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
timekeep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Quite the move for Kevin Martin adding 4 time world champ Dave Nedohin.
Should be interesting to see if there is chemistry right off the bat.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:40 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
So Romero done?

Old
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Major upset at the FA cup.

Wigan have a late winner to beat Man City.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Crazy wind and dust storm happening outside right now. Downtown was like a giant dustbowl.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:33 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Crazy wind and dust storm happening outside right now. Downtown was like a giant dustbowl.
That came out of no where, I was outside cooking a steak and it was hot a beautiful. Go in to eat it when all of a sudden I see a lawn chair fly across my lawn and big rain drops coming down.

Old
05-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

So excited.

Old
05-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Jean Ralphio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
So excited.

Wow, it's getting close. I'm really going to try and pace myself; all the episodes being released all at once is nice, but I ripped through House of Cards, and now I wish I hadn't.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I was debating with a friend about how netflix is going to change the future of television series watchability. Yep, thats a made up word.

Anyway, they were saying that netflix will use their own studio, shoot a whole season and release it at once because we the people are too impatient and can't deal with waiting a week between episodes.

I felt the opposite and that getting the whole season at once sort of ruins the fun of following a TV series.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:09 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I was debating with a friend about how netflix is going to change the future of television series watchability. Yep, thats a made up word.

Anyway, they were saying that netflix will use their own studio, shoot a whole season and release it at once because we the people are too impatient and can't deal with waiting a week between episodes.

I felt the opposite and that getting the whole season at once sort of ruins the fun of following a TV series.
I generally don't watch any shows anymore when they are first aired. I actually prefer being able to sit down and watch a season when I want to. Not get all pumped up to watch a show tonight only to find out it's not on anyway or it's a repeat.

As a side note. Mike Tyson a magical facial tattoo and a pigeon as a sidekick. I guess anyone can get a show.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Garage builders

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to get a garage built for my duplex this year. Wondering if anyone knows a good place to get one from? Obviously need to pay for parts + labour.

Thanks!

Old
05-13-2013, 01:11 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to get a garage built for my duplex this year. Wondering if anyone knows a good place to get one from? Obviously need to pay for parts + labour.

Thanks!
LOL at the parts-and-labour comment. Well yeah.

My son and a buddy do this kind of work. If you like I could ask about availability. Send me a PM with contact information if interested. I may not see it if you just post here.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Well some people may want to do their own labour haha I dunno

Old
05-13-2013, 02:17 PM
awesomo
HARD!

hahah parts and labour you pay hahaha

Old
05-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I generally don't watch any shows anymore when they are first aired. I actually prefer being able to sit down and watch a season when I want to. Not get all pumped up to watch a show tonight only to find out it's not on anyway or it's a repeat.

As a side note. Mike Tyson a magical facial tattoo and a pigeon as a sidekick. I guess anyone can get a show.
Yeah. I'm the same. There are only a couple if shows I watch on a weekly basis. But I tend to wait till the season is over or a few seasons in before I get on it. And I end up watching straight.

I'm too impatient to watch a show and wait 7 days for the next episode. But weirdly enough I have the patience to wait until a season is finished till I start watching. Lol.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:02 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I don't know much of anything about baseball but isn't a team infused with chemistry as is the case with any other team sport?

If this is the case how do you build a team by infusing several new players into the "team"?

I would imagine like in any team sport it would take considerable time to gell, familiarize, learn each others tendencies, become a machine, etc.

Isn't it possible the Blue Jays made too many changes in personnel?
The only chemistry needed on a baseball team is between pitcher and catcher. Sometimes pitcher and first baseman as well for pickoffs. Basically as long as everyone does their jobs, you should be alright. Problem is, the Jays best hitting catcher can't catch the knuckleball to save his life, and to be honest he's a pretty terrible defensive catcher. And the NL hadn't seen a knuckleballer in years, that's one reason Dickey dominated so long. The AL East has had Wakefield throwing junk at them for a long time until he retired recently.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Eager4oil

Hey guys I haven't posted here in a while but have kept my creep on. I've had lots of stuff go on in the past couple years and recently I've been seriously contemplating a return to Edmonton with my family. I thought I'd check on here and try and get a feel for how job prospects are looking there right now. I currently work for the school district here in vancouver but hours arent too great and expense is high, so I was looking to get into a trade in Edmonton. What do you guys think? Are they still hiring like crazy out there or has it slowed down? I know theyre hiring a lot of journeyman etc... But i only have a little bit of experience doing general labor when i was younger.Thanks in advance for any replies and believe me it is much appreciated. Thanks!

Old
05-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Honestly, if you're looking for a trade, have a look at getting a power engineering ticket. It's a few years of school but its well worth it.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Eager4oil

I'd love too but I can't afford to go back to school, have my daughter and wifey to take care of. I'm even willing to do general labor again and put in work the only thing is I need to make a decent amount of $. I really miss edmonton just want to make sure I can make it work.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Just do what every other east indian, newfie, irishman, londoner, saskie and blue collar Albertan does...

Old
05-14-2013, 10:33 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Yeah. I'm the same. There are only a couple if shows I watch on a weekly basis. But I tend to wait till the season is over or a few seasons in before I get on it. And I end up watching straight.

I'm too impatient to watch a show and wait 7 days for the next episode. But weirdly enough I have the patience to wait until a season is finished till I start watching. Lol.
I think it's because you are probably watching something else instead. Well that's what it is for me. I don't really miss a show until I get into it.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:39 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager4oil View Post
I'd love too but I can't afford to go back to school, have my daughter and wifey to take care of. I'm even willing to do general labor again and put in work the only thing is I need to make a decent amount of $. I really miss edmonton just want to make sure I can make it work.
There is work, you could get on with a road construction company no problem. Problem would then be what do you do for the winter. Either EI or get on with a union company and hope for work in the off-season.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

What. The. Hell.

Clark was supposed to be a sure thing to get ousted in this election.

http://globalnews.ca/news/562839/bc-...-the-province/

There was apparently a record low turnout for the election as well. It's sad how apathetic voters are these days. They moan and cry for change but do absolutely nothing to bring about that change.

Old
05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
What. The. Hell.

Clark was supposed to be a sure thing to get ousted in this election.

http://globalnews.ca/news/562839/bc-...-the-province/

There was apparently a record low turnout for the election as well. It's sad how apathetic voters are these days. They moan and cry for change but do absolutely nothing to bring about that change.
The stunning thing in this is why people think vote or opinion polls are as accurate as they are said to be.

The margin of error indices should come with a laughtrack. If these pollsters were running vegas it would be broke.

By and large when vote day comes the incumbent party, or representative always has a decided advantage. Theres often a status quo vote when it actually comes to the election.

I'm saying this in general terms about any Canadian election. It takes a whole lot of change in tide to throw an entrenched incumbent party out. The polls never reflect or even detect the ardent factions of support.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:36 PM
awesomo
HARD!

4 straight for the jays... bats lighting up

Old
05-16-2013, 01:14 AM
BackhandToeyJoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post